KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Did Obi wan forget about leia?

Did Obi wan forget about leia?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K-Dog

Perhaps he thought Leia was a seductive skank like her mom who did it with a Jedi when she knew Jedi were forbidden to do it.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 04:14 AM
Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

No actually he tries to protect the secret of her birth in the EU.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 01:20 PM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bladewind
Maybe because Leia was monitored due to being a Senator.

This makes sense.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

Obi-Wan probably liked the idea of a possible new and single Chosen One.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 01:56 AM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I get the point. stick out tongue but...

so now you're comparing yourself to a poisonous scorpion? confused awesome analogy. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

In a way yes stick out tongue I'm just saying whats in my nature, it was used in star trek when voyager was teaming up with the borg and the borg said they wouldn't try to assimilate the ship...assimilating is in a borgs nature (I know people are unhappy that I speak star trek on star wars ground)

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 10:59 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
headless robot

i think it's called bad story writing and coming up with poor solutions.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 07:01 AM
Click here to Send headless robot a Private Message Find more posts by headless robot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Obi-Wan and Yoda had already invested in Luke...using him as an instrument to destroy Darth Vader and the Emperor.

He was lied to from the beginning - he was never told the truth. Luke confronting Vader and learning of his heritage wasn't "part of the plan."

IF Luke died, Obi-Wan felt his "failure" would be complete. Yoda, on the other hand, felt that all hope wouldn't necessarily be lost.

All Luke and Leia are to these Jedi are "tools" to rectify the sins of their past.

Luke eventually started thinking for himself and came up with his own solution: SAVE his father.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 08:10 AM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by JediRobin23
no credit to a women
WORD

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 01:53 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Bladewind
Maybe Luke was more force-sensitive than Leia.

That is the case according the the EU. However, i think the best answer as to why Obi-Wan and Yoda is that GL made the OT first, then 30years later made the PT - therefore giving time for him to forget his story and make mistakes (aka retcons)

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 02:32 PM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

they just knew, lets keep it at that

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 04:10 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by steverules_2
Yeah but he still started before Leia did, both are the same age apart from the odd minute between them, my guess is that he still thought there was a chance with Leia after seeing the skill that Luke had shown even though he was too old and plus Leia would be their last chance if Luke had died, Obi Wan may have not realised this but it's just a shot in the dark

yeah thats probably it,That Yoda trusted Bens word that Luke could learn it even though he was too old because he DID get a taste of it in the original film when Ben was teaching him on the falcon.Having some experience learning from Ben,I assume Yoda trusted him enough that Luke could be taught where Leia had no experience from it whatsoever.Like someone said,desperate times call for desperate measures.Yoda did look at Luke and was able to see in the future that Luke would become a jedi knight after all.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Some guy was asking If ben trained in his sleep by ghosty wan kenobi, well I guess it's possible and on wookiepedia and this explains about why obi wan can't interfere with luke v vader is because in the Splinter of the minds eye luke fights vader and slices his arm off and I mean whole arm from the socket and basical beats the shit out of vader and luke says I am obi wan implying obi wan possesed luke cause later as luke and leia escape luke passes out and doesn't remember the owning so the training in his sleep is possible

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 07:41 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote