KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » It's time to remake the originals

It's time to remake the originals
Started by: realmanager

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
realmanager

It's time to remake the originals

This article is not mine, but whatever, I agree all of it
blogs.starwars.com/wanna_besrambles/2

Okay, I hate to say this for all of you purists out there, but George Lucas needs to remake the orginal trilogy. They would do horrible box office, don't you think? but they would make more sense alongside the new movies. See, the problem is the story sort of changed between finishing the original movies and making the new ones. The story changed in Lucas' head. You can't blame him for that, it is the evolution of a writer. But there are inconsistancies between the two trilogies that would be cleared up with a remake. Here are some problems as I see it (in no order, jsut as they come to my stream of consciousness brain):

1. The dialogue between Obi Wan and Vader in New Hope doesn't work anymore when placed alongside the dialogue in Revenge. And talk about a terrible fight scene. That scene at least needs to be redone. You can't blame age for Obi Wan being so slow, look at Palpatine and Yoda in the newer movies, come on I want to see Obi Wan jumping around and force pushing Vader. I went home and watched IV after I saw Revenge, and I still love that movie but the fight is such a let down now. That in itself is reason enough to remake the movies.

2. I get why C-3PO doesn't remember anything from the newer trilogy, he gets a mind wipe (and probably needs one poor guy), but does Obi get one too? Why doesn't he recognize C-3PO and R2? He should explain to Luke how they once belonged to his parents. And he shold deffinately recognize R2! He should see him and say something like, "so the time has come." or something.

3. I can't let go of the Leia remembering her real mother thing. George, you're going to have to explain this one to me yourself before I'll buy an explanation.

4. I'm not so concerned about the special effects, although I would like to see the first Death Star battle redone (again) to be a little more spectacular. Oh ,and the escape from the Death Star in IV too. Oh and blasting off from Tatooine could be a little more spectacular. See, just redo the whole thing.

I'll add others things I'd like redone in later entries. All this said, you could never replace the original movies. No actors could replace the originals. Empire will always be my favorite movie, I just still have a hard time reconciling the two trilogies, putting them together.

I figure the originals will eventually be remade. You can wait ten years and then use Ewan as Obi Wan again. And even keep Hayden as Darth Vader. Of course then George's perspective will have changed again and the two trilogies still won't quite fit together. Which will lead to the need to remake the prequals again. You are stuck in a loop here George. Is this a conundrum?

By the way, i forgot to add a survey
i cant edit my post for some reasons plz add it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 11:53 PM
Click here to Send realmanager a Private Message Find more posts by realmanager Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Okay so because the new films don't match the earlier movies, the earlier movies have to be remade????? OMG.... that is the world upside down.

The flaw lies in the PT, not in the OT.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 08:53 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Its a crime to remake the OT

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 07:57 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

more like blasphemy

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 03:23 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies

And make it just as lousy as the PT? Yes.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 09:58 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by coolmovies
kinda agree, they might even better film the supershadow movie ideas

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 08:47 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 03:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, it is a reason to be aggravated at imperfect continuity, not a reason for a remake.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 09:16 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Absolutely.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 10:24 AM
Darth Ra

I think either the prequel trilogy should be remade with the same graphic used for the original trilogy or remake of the original.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 07:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Ra a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe... now that would be revolutionary.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 08:54 AM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Re: It's time to remake the originals

1. The fight seems less intense due to the higher standards of the PT and due to the fact that the lightsaber props were really heavy. And I don't see in what point the dialogue doesn't work with ROTS.

2. What makes you think he didn't recognise R2 or C-3PO? Just because he didn't say "Oh R2, long time no see, buddy"?

3. As Luke hadn't told her he was her brother, she was talking about the only mother she had known and the one that raised her: Bail Organa's wife.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 09:58 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Unfortunately, point 3 doesn't take- Luke specifies 'real' mother, and it would be ignoring the point of the conversation to imply she is mistaken.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 10:31 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

In that case:

Leia said she just remembered images / feelings. Seems like the kind of stuff a force sensitive child would be able to see.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:48 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha-7
No.1

Originally posted by queeq
Okay so because the new films don't match the earlier movies, the earlier movies have to be remade????? OMG.... that is the world upside down.

Well said.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Alpha-7 a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha-7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by queeq

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:12 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by overlord
kinda agree, they might even better film the supershadow movie ideas

Just wait until 2012.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 02:15 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

ohhhhh there we go

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 07:43 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Hybris
In that case:

Leia said she just remembered images / feelings. Seems like the kind of stuff a force sensitive child would be able to see.

Yeah- like Luke...

BtVS

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 08:12 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well said, Ush.

People, it's not a bog thing to see flaws in the things you love. PT has some arguably plotline flaws. Accept it.

Originally posted by sweersa
Just wait until 2012.

A new SW trilogy comes out and the world ends?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 08:35 AM