KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?

ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?

God man, this movie is almost 5 years old. I remember like it was yesterday comeing in here and hanging with you cats, drooling over information, pics (blue screen & completed shots), debating rumors.

Remember the rumor that Yoda was going to Fart?

I remember going to supershadow's website (back when i was young and dumb) and reading the synopsis. He thought Padme was on naboo the whole time so Anakin made like 20 trips to naboo over the course of the movie

I remember seeing what we thought was going to be General Grevious, and it was drawing of a white looking darth vader

I remember rumors that vader's costume was going to look different, like gold, or still black but very reminisent of ralph mcquarries concept drawings.

I remember going to hyperspace and constantly m was pointing at a wall most of the time.

I remember when the first trailer (with dialog and everything, not teaser) first hit TV on fox after the OC, I immedietly came here and the part where it said Users browing this forum, it took like half the page there was so many people in here at once

I remember visiting the sites: Milleniumfalcon.com, Theforce.net, and here on constant daily basis

Mostly I just remember the general excitment about this film (for obvious reasons) before it was coming out. Like there was a buzz, and something was going to be really good about this one unlike the previous two that came before it

At any rate big shout out to the oldies:

Queeq
Sith master x
JP
and the many others who kept these forums alive posting links, and images, and vids

Its kinda funny to think that right now a bunch of 4, 5, and 6 year olds (perfect age by the way for these films ) are watching the star wars saga for the first time, and totally complete.

I wonder what they think of it?

To this day I rank them like this:

Empire strikes back
A new hope
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
The phantom Menace
Attack of the clones

Well we'll see if the TV show is any good (if it ever see's the light of day)

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Mar 9th, 2010 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 06:34 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Right back at ya man. smile

I remember those days well. I remember sitting down watching an entire episode of "The OC" just to get the first glimpse of the ROTS trailer. I had never anticipated a movie more.

Alot of us would get on MSN and chat hours on end as we counted down.

I remember one user here "Scramba2000" who would give JP and I access to hyperspace. lol Good times, good times. It's great to see some of the veterans haven't gone anywhere. big grin

By late 2005, the buzz started to die down. The Temple got shut down in Februrary "one of the most epic threaads ever concieved on the internet" and slowly things sort of lost that spark here to me the futher we went into 05. Alot of members started leaving. I would sort of disappear for a while, then come back, mainly because almost everything on here was a constant complaint about the PT. It got old after a while. Members like PVS or Schecter, whatever his name was, started ruining things for me here. I didn't find it that appealing anymore, but I would still check in from time to time. Then last Octobor, I don't know. I saw alot of good people where still here, and it brought back all the good times.

It would still be awesome if we had something solid to look forward to again, like news and info on the live action TV series. That would probably spark new interest and cool topics.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Scramba2000 I totally forgot.

That guy uploaded all of the web docs. During eps 1&2 you could just watch them for free on SW.com, then hyperspace came along and you had to pay a premium to watch video material.

Of course that didn't stop us. HA!!! Good times

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 09:22 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OB1!!!

And I dig your list dude... It's mine exactly.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 10:02 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

flip Empire and new hope for me there.

Hm, has it really been that long?

So... I guess, then, that I've been a fan for five years now. Wow, that's the longest I've gone with a fandom.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Re: ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
God man, this movie is almost 5 years old. I remember like it was yesterday comeing in here and hanging with you cats, drooling over information, pics (blue screen & completed shots), debating rumors.

I remember going to supershadow's website

I remember going to hyperspace and constantly m was pointing at a wall most of the time.

I remember when the first trailer (with dialog and everything, not teaser) first hit TV on fox after the OC, I immedietly came here and the part where it said Users browing this forum, it took like half the page there was so many people in here at once

I remember visiting the sites: Milleniumfalcon.com, Theforce.net, and here on constant daily basis

Mostly I just remember the general excitment about this film (for obvious reasons) before it was coming out. Like there was a buzz, and something was going to be really good about this one unlike the previous two that came before it

At any rate big shout out to the oldies:

Queeq
Sith master x
JP
and the many others who kept these forums alive posting links, and images, and vids

OB1 eek!

WOW has it really been that long? Kinda sad. sad And LMFAO@ the mention of SuperShadow! What a tool that guy was. I LOVED Webdoc day and the BTH days usually ended up being some obscure thing. Like the carbon rod whatsa-ma-thingy. laughing out loud

We did have lots of fun though. I love you boys. smile

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 12:39 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Time....the only memorable classic moment for me was when Yoda pulled out his lightsaber in EP II. Cant beat that.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 09:48 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I saw it on the big screen eek!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 12:25 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You're that old??? stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 03:40 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Re: Re: ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?

Originally posted by ~JP~
OB1 eek!

WOW has it really been that long? Kinda sad. sad And LMFAO@ the mention of SuperShadow! What a tool that guy was. I LOVED Webdoc day and the BTH days usually ended up being some obscure thing. Like the carbon rod whatsa-ma-thingy. laughing out loud

We did have lots of fun though. I love you boys. smile

BTH I remember those.

They'd come out, the anticipation had been building. "Oh my god oh my god its loading WHAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!" ..............It's a door handle

I was like "really? well that was waste of my day"

others were like "oh my god that's sooo epic"

Coming here was so much fun, and still can be when something arises in the future. Summer 2004-November 2005 we'd had a lot to talk about, and a lot fun.

At any rate where a lot of you kids been hanging around these forums these days ? And how are your personal lives going. I don't really come to KMC much in general. After the release of of ROTS I some how, don't remember really, got really back into comic books, and was hanging in the comic forums for awhile.

But for the most part I got really sick of peoples crap. I'd go over to the sports forum and thats run by a bunch of controlling people. The video games forum, they might as well have a sign that says no playstation owners allowed

Though I'm sure when Star wars gets realesed on blu ray, and the tv show starts happening I'll be in here in regulary

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 06:54 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Members like PVS or Schecter, whatever his name was, started ruining things for me here. I didn't find it that appealing anymore, but I would still check in from time to time.

PVS/Schecter was a quality poster.

There have been so many douches to pick from and you pick on the guy who we coordinated the big fake trailer easter egg rumour scam with. Shame on you.
smokin'

Shit so much has changed in those five years... those were good times...just before the darktimes.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

god I love that sig

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 07:49 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Sadako was a quality poster.

Fixed wink

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 08:39 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
PVS/Schecter was a quality poster.

There have been so many douches to pick from and you pick on the guy who we coordinated the big fake trailer easter egg rumour scam with. Shame on you.
smokin'

Shit so much has changed in those five years... those were good times...just before the darktimes.

I got into an argument with Paul once, I think I blew things out of proportion a bit. His name popped into mind in terms of getting into arguments on here and disagreeing, but nonetheless, before the dark times, I had a lot of good times with him too.

Sometimes it's best to let the past be the past. We won't always share the same opinions, but in my case, I didn't have a right to jump down his back either.

I miss the days when we are all here and all got along with everyone. lol Generally that's how it is nowadays, and it's nice. I never came here to make enemies with anyone. smile

I like George.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Paul's great. Too bad he left. But he was gracious to say goodbye to me (and some others) in private. Great poster!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 09:42 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Its the internet people. I used to get so involved in all that crap and then I finally just went pffffft. Life is too short for that drama and message boards are going the way of the dinosaur anyway so really as far as Im concerned there are no "dark times" we can all be boneheads at one time or another but its the way people are all the time. I dont have time for it and I dont want to listen to it. SMX dont sweat it, PVS was a good poster but he had his jerk moments like we all do, myself included. Dont lose any sleep over silly internet personality clashes.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 11:27 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Well, I'm just saying, the way I went about disagreeing with an opinion of his, was merely my fault. I flew off the deep end over something, and it wasn't one of my prouder moments. No doubts, I won't lose any sleep over it, but I guess I should have overlooked those things and held on to the good times we all had back in the day.

We do have our bonehead moments. Heck, the first thread I ever started on KMC was asking everyone "Is supershadow real?" As a matter of fact, it was looking up info about the idiot that brought me to KMC in the first place. lol Not that I'm proud of that.

Anyway, I just prefer to leave PVS out of the loop. Shouldn't have dug up something from the past the serves little relevance to now. smile So my bad, I'm sorry. Go to the milk bar tonight...all drinks are on me. big grin

I like George.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 01:32 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

You know, while we're at it, it would be cool if we all shared our funniest or best memories about being here at KMC. Sort of as a tribute to 04-05 when the the countdown to ROTS was at it's peak.

I have one that stands out. The old "Temple" thread, formally "Let it all hang out Star Wars Style" Do you guys remember "cornponious"? lol Well, in that thread, Queeq had went off about making DVD's of him and JP, and I being the "evil plotter," said that I would buy the DVD's from Queeq and then leak it afterward. So not long after, I get a PM from Cornponious asking me to show him the dvd. lol I had to explain to him that it was pretend and we were just role playing. laughing out loud

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Mar 11th, 2010 at 01:52 AM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 01:50 AM
sweersa

I no leave, I stay long long time.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 02:38 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Sith Master X

I have one that stands out. The old "Temple" thread, formally "Let it all hang out Star Wars Style" Do you guys remember "cornponious"? lol Well, in that thread, Queeq had went off about making DVD's of him and JP, and I being the "evil plotter," said that I would buy the DVD's from Queeq and then leak it afterward. So not long after, I get a PM from Cornponious asking me to show him the dvd. lol I had to explain to him that it was pretend and we were just role playing. laughing out loud

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really??? Oh damn that is funny. laughing

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 02:55 AM