KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?

ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yep yep lol Got the PM on Dec 1st, 2004. 5 years 3 months ago. Insane huh? lol Just went back to look cause I knew it was in there somewhere. I always remembered that one. lol I just forgot when exactly I got it.

In fact, I can't believe how many PM's are in my inbox from 2004-05. lol Mostly of you and me JP, getting PO'd because we got locked out of Hyperspace. hehe big grin

I got quite a few PM's from you as well OB1.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sith Master X
You know, while we're at it, it would be cool if we all shared our funniest or best memories about being here at KMC. Sort of as a tribute to 04-05 when the the countdown to ROTS was at it's peak.

I have one that stands out. The old "Temple" thread, formally "Let it all hang out Star Wars Style" Do you guys remember "cornponious"? lol Well, in that thread, Queeq had went off about making DVD's of him and JP, and I being the "evil plotter," said that I would buy the DVD's from Queeq and then leak it afterward. So not long after, I get a PM from Cornponious asking me to show him the dvd. lol I had to explain to him that it was pretend and we were just role playing. laughing out loud

OMG!!! Hilarious! laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 09:04 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I know. haha Those were some good times. I'll have to see what other memories pop into mind. I know I've got tons of them.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Sorry for the double post.

So yeah, just went through everything. From the date I registered, April of 2004, to May 19th, 2005, the release of Episode III, I had a grand total of 489 Private Messages. lmao All that in a whole year.

Since then, and after Episode 3 over the last 5 years, only 50 PM's. haha

I like George.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:38 PM
queeq
Chaos

The end of SW was bad for your social life eh?? How pathetic are we? laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:40 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Well in 06, I went to College, so I actually got somewhat of a life for the last 4 years. lol But I'm graduating in May, which means I won't have much of a social life again, outside of KMC. laughing out loud Oh well, I enjoy it here anyway.

To me Star Wars will never end. I'd just like to get some info on the live action TV series. That would probably breath some life back into things again.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 06:43 PM
OB1-adobe

Smile

Yeah there was a lot great conversing back then.

I was looking back at my PM's

There's quite a few about JP asking me to join the "ALLIANCE"

I got a lot from a guy Moonwalker747.....I don't remember his name but he sent me links to web doc and BTH pics

There was some drama too:

Hopefully this link works:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t322535.html

Stupid threads:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t14558.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t305934.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t14108.html

Spoilers/news/conversing

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t32533.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t298848.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t317955.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t3595.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t311878.html

And SMX don't worry about Supershadow. You know, if it wern't for that dumb ass I'd never would have met you guys.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 07:22 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Oh wow, I remember alot of those threads!! It's funny you mention "moonwalker747" I saw that name in my PM's and was like "oh yeah, I remember him" I also saw the name "Darth Duffy" in my PM list, and he was another member giving JP and I access to the holy "hyperspace." lol Getting into Hyperspace was like getting the keys into heaven.

Then all those "leaked pictures." A picture from Episdoe III would be released of a character looking out a window, and everyone would be like "OMG! Do you guys see that pic of Anakin looking out a window? Judging by this, ROTS will be the best SW film ever." lol Well, I thought ROTS turned out pretty darned good, but it was funny. Not matter what single, non moving frame picture got released, it suddenly meant that ROTS was now the best film ever.

And yeah, about SuperShadow, like I said, that moron is the reason I ever found KMC, so if there's one bit of praise he ever gets, then it's that. lol I'm happy I found this place and got to know all you great people. smile The events leading up to Episode III and all the good times we had here is something I still haven't forgotten.

You guys may not believe this, but every time I watch Episode III, KMC and all the members and memories here just swirl around in my memory bank.

And the more you think about it, the meat of this stuff took place in 04-05. After that, SW was done. 06-07-08-09 have all gone by, but here we are in 2010, still here after all the years even with the absence of a new SW movie. The proves just how strong the connection was around here.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Mar 11th, 2010 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 07:59 PM
OB1-adobe

You guys may not believe this, but every time I watch Episode III, KMC and all the members and memories here just swirl around in my memory bank.

And the more you think about it, the meat of this stuff took place in 04-05. After that, SW was done. 06-07-08-09 have all gone by, but here we are in 2010, still here after all the years even with the absence of a new SW movie. The proves just how strong the connection was around here.

Totally. Star wars and you guys at KMC has become synominous (spelled right?) with me.

Actually the whole thing that sparked me to right this thread was I felt like popping in the old Star Wars battlefront games. I just started getting a flood of memories. Mainly because Battlefront 1 was released the same day the OT dvd release in September 04, then a year later we got battlefront II which was released the same day as the ROTS DVD in November 05. The circle was complete.

Of course after playing those games again I felt like watching the saga again and I can't help but think of you guys and all that transpired here.

I always watch them 1-6, and currently I have 20 minutes left on ESB. After ROTJ I think I'll watch a lot of special features, including the empire of dreams documentary which I havn't watched in a couple of years.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2010 10:05 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Speaking of BattleFront, there was a BF 3 on the way for the PS3, then I think the project got scrapped last year. I was so upset.

But yes, KMC and SW to me are almost integrated now. Episode III was more than just a film, it was an experience.

Remember everyone fighting and bugging people for signatures? haha

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Mar 12th, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 12:44 AM
queeq
Chaos

Oh wow, I remember alot of those threads!! It's funny you mention "moonwalker747" I saw that name in my PM's and was like "oh yeah, I remember him" I also saw the name "Darth Duffy" in my PM list, and he was another member giving JP and I access to the holy "hyperspace." lol Getting into Hyperspace was like getting the keys into heaven.

Then all those "leaked pictures." A picture from Episdoe III would be released of a character looking out a window, and everyone would be like "OMG! Do you guys see that pic of Anakin looking out a window? Judging by this, ROTS will be the best SW film ever." lol Well, I thought ROTS turned out pretty darned good, but it was funny. Not matter what single, non moving frame picture got released, it suddenly meant that ROTS was now the best film ever.

And yeah, about SuperShadow, like I said, that moron is the reason I ever found KMC, so if there's one bit of praise he ever gets, then it's that. lol I'm happy I found this place and got to know all you great people. smile The events leading up to Episode III and all the good times we had here is something I still haven't forgotten.

That's quite special actually. It was always hard to go back to certain times. The Underwater Reprise Bar was an attempt to one of the golden era's on KMC, just like the one you are reminiscing. The first Underwater Tavern was a total hoot, it was a blend of RPG and the usually goofing off. Cornponious would have gone crazy there.
But once it's gone, you can't get it back. You get something else back, but never the same thing. That's kinda interesting... it's almost like real life.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 10:37 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Indeed, that couldn't be more true Queeq. One era passes, and a new one begins. You meet new people, but you lose the good ones too.

It is weird the similarities to real life as you mentioned. Makes you want to back to certain threads and put a nice big RIP next to it. lol

You've been around here twice as long as I have, but in my time, the golden age at least for me was the "Temple." You, Lyn, Yerssot, JP, Havoc X, Darth Surgent....oh the list goes on and on. smile 8 months that thread went on before some other people had to ruin it for everyone. 8 months would probably be considered a short amount of time, but the amount that took place there was astronomical. I think the Underwater Tavern was before my time here, but nonetheless, I'm sure that was a blast also. But indeed, when it's gone, it's gone, and without all the same people back, or at least the significant players, it can't and wouldn't ever be the same.

At the same time, it's still cool to see that some haven't gone anywhere, despite how much things have changed. So cheers to the past, and cheers to those who are still among us to at least let a little of the past live on. smile

I like George.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 05:43 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Yeah there was a lot great conversing back then.

I was looking back at my PM's

There's quite a few about JP asking me to join the "ALLIANCE"

Do you know the Alliance still lives on? laughing out loud
Altho I no longer own it, I gave it to a couple of my admins and its now called The Galactic Diner. Pretty amazing that the place is still around given all the flame wars and other crap its withstood. smile

Just a small group of friendly peeps.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 04:45 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Are members like bilbo....and some of the others I probably can't recall...still around? I remember bilbo from all those famous MSN chats...

I like George.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 05:08 AM
queeq
Chaos

Indeed, that couldn't be more true Queeq. One era passes, and a new one begins. You meet new people, but you lose the good ones too.

It is weird the similarities to real life as you mentioned. Makes you want to back to certain threads and put a nice big RIP next to it. lol

You've been around here twice as long as I have, but in my time, the golden age at least for me was the "Temple." You, Lyn, Yerssot, JP, Havoc X, Darth Surgent....oh the list goes on and on. smile 8 months that thread went on before some other people had to ruin it for everyone. 8 months would probably be considered a short amount of time, but the amount that took place there was astronomical. I think the Underwater Tavern was before my time here, but nonetheless, I'm sure that was a blast also. But indeed, when it's gone, it's gone, and without all the same people back, or at least the significant players, it can't and wouldn't ever be the same.

At the same time, it's still cool to see that some haven't gone anywhere, despite how much things have changed. So cheers to the past, and cheers to those who are still among us to at least let a little of the past live on. smile

You are so right. The new times aren't always bad. In fact, the era you mentioned was a great golden age. The first Underwater Tavern ended I think due to a server or provider change. The same people were still there, but it just was different.

But I had some great bars here on KMC. This one's pretty good. I love the way it goes on with Jen as bartender...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 02:14 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Are members like bilbo....and some of the others I probably can't recall...still around? I remember bilbo from all those famous MSN chats...

Bilb moved to canada like 2 years ago and I talked to berrie about 6 months ago. Once in a blue moon I'll talk to imag or levi . Pretty much everything has gone the way of twitter or facebook altho I still talk to Apsana and Bailey on pretty much a daily basis at GD.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 02:44 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by sweersa
I no leave, I stay long long time.

Stop pretending that you like Star Wars.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 07:35 PM
Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Ok, so are you guys ready for some really geeky math coming on? And I mean….it’s geeky, so yeah…..read at your own risk. But I thought it would be fun to do anyway for old times sake.

I came up with some neat stats on the old “Temple” thread, since Queeq and I have been discussing the past here lately. I know I know….I always bring the Temple up. But here is just a way to prove and look at how epic that thread actually was.

The Temple: First Post: Jun 30th 2004. Last post, Feb 3, 2005 A total of about 210 days. The final post goes to Queeq…and it’s a tearjerker. sad

I have my threads set to display “20 post” per page, so it registers for me as 774 pages.

A grand total of about 15, 476 post. During its time frame, that was an average of 74 post per day, and about 3 and half pages of new material a day, but more important…again, 74 post per day in a single thread!!! And I can assure you, since that’s only an average, there were some days when there were over 100 post. Today, we’re lucky to get 5 in any given thread around here. Yes, I know a lot of that can be blamed on the “SW movie” era coming to an end….but even so. lol That was ridiculous. Anyway, since there’s 1440 minutes in a day, it averaged out to 1 post every 19 minutes there. Although the meat of the posting came later in the day- past supper time. Lol I suppose us kids were at school, and the adults were at work. But we would literally be posting seconds and minutes apart during the later evening….well, at least in my time zone.

The meat of the RPG was July, August, and September. Then it slowly sort of faded out into a socializing thread…the RPG died out, bad members started ragging on JP, and boom, Feb 3, 2005….a sad day in the KMC archives. Primarily because none of the good members left or went anywhere, it just got swamped by the “anti priestess army” and it was no longer what it used to be. I guess some were jealous that JP was well liked. I remember you JP when your screen name was first “Spadesmamma61” I don’t remember exactly how the friendship started and what lead to the 100’s of PM’s, MSN chats, and all the other good stuff…although, when going back through my PM archive, the first one I ever got from you is dated June 2nd, 2004, and it’s something about “the linkage” You then send me a response saying “ It's on the way! Please note that I emailed you this cause you are NOT an idiot like so many of the "kiddies" on this board! LOL” So there you have it I guess. One thing just led to another, then we all formed our own little SW clan on KMC, and outside of KMC as well.

Longest post ever for me. Sorry guys.

Anyway, it’s just cool remembering times in your life when things were fun. Not that they aren't anymore. You all probably think I’m a lost soul stuck in the past, lol….but I cant’ help remember all the good times, and hope that people stick around to let those times live on. So thanks JP for creating an iconic thread, thanks Queeq for keeping it interesting…as always…and thanks to everyone involved for giving me a summer that I truly won’t ever forget!

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Mar 14th, 2010 at 09:19 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 09:16 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by ~JP~
Bilb moved to canada like 2 years ago and I talked to berrie about 6 months ago. Once in a blue moon I'll talk to imag or levi . Pretty much everything has gone the way of twitter or facebook altho I still talk to Apsana and Bailey on pretty much a daily basis at GD.

That's right....berrie is the other one. I kept thinking berrie, or Naberrie but I wasn't sure if I had it right.

There was also Alana too....I think? confused If I remember right. haha

Facebook and Twitter now rule the world. I don't do Twitter however. Don't see the point in having a Facebook and Twitter page when they are basically the same idea. lol

But I do have Facebook. If anyone else has it and wants to add me, feel free to do so. Just search "Eric Dawalga" on the search bar. I should be the only one to pop up due to my weird last name. haha

I like George.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 09:34 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Alana is still here she is a global mod now. Goes by the name of "Peach". And thanks SMX for the fond memories. You were always and still remain a sweetheart. love

I cant figure twitter out to save my ass. And I havent turned to the facebook darkside yet. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 03:19 AM