KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 38 - Cat and Mouse

Episode 38 - Cat and Mouse
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 38 - Cat and Mouse

Wow. We are definately in the doldrums of this season.

Overall: Negative

Christophsis looked pretty from orbit? Lasers in space?

Dislikes:
I really, REALLY wanted to go back to Christophsis with Anakin and Kenobi for yet another prequel episode. What would make this episode even better?! Another contrived plot with incessant bickering and Skywalker antics. What would really help it would be an annoying Poggle-knock-off villian with a scary logo and an attempted backstory that was never really completed. Maybe they could also explain why they cant even follow their own clone codings system?

Though the BEST part was another great episode fueled not by plot or character, but by a new, poorly designed, one-episode-wonder, canon-bending secret weapon that has no purpose other than to make up for poor script writing and this show's aimless direction.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

would you like a hug? sad

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 11:37 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-Sidious1
Grand Master Sith Lord

I quite liked the diversity of this episode, instead of all the re-occurring Coruscant senate affairs and the brutal "Droid vs Clones" episodes. Although I feel is does mirror a previous episode, "Storm over Ryloth". In Storm over Ryloth an impenetrable blockade covers Ryloth and Anakin has few ships to penetrate it with.

But all in all it was a breath of fresh air and I liked it.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2010 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Lord-Sidious1 a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-Sidious1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
would you like a hug? sad

hehe *hugs*

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

Re: Episode 38 - Cat and Mouse

Originally posted by Ordo
Wow. We are definately in the doldrums of this season.

No offense, but this whole show is looking pretty much like the doldrums of the whole Star Wars franchise.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 08:08 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup... Monotonous Wars...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 01:27 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: Re: Episode 38 - Cat and Mouse

Originally posted by D-FENS
No offense, but this whole show is looking pretty much like the doldrums of the whole Star Wars franchise.

lmao big grin

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 05:49 PM
queeq
Chaos

On the Star Wars.com forums every seems extremely positive about the series. I'm wondering if I'm watching the same series...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 07:20 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

Originally posted by queeq
On the Star Wars.com forums every seems extremely positive about the series.
THAT'S another reason why they shouldn't allow 10 year olds on the internet...

And people thought the Prequels were bad. Seriously, this show makes those movies look like the first two Godfather movies.

Last edited by D-FENS on Apr 13th, 2010 at 06:05 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 06:03 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 07:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I think it would have been better if the seasons told one adventure rather than a thousand miniature ones...

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 09:55 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Agreed.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 10:37 AM
D-FENS

Originally posted by REXXXX
I think it would have been better if the seasons told one adventure rather than a thousand miniature ones...
No. It wouldve been better if they'd made it exactly like the Tartakovsky Clone Wars(drawn animation and all), except earlier.

I mean, look at General Grievous in this Clone Wars compared to the old one;

Old one he actually scared the crap out of you when he was first introduced(Let's face it, he crushed some dumb kid into the ground with his clawed feet when we first saw him), kicked a whole squad of both Jedi and ARC Troopers asses, and even seemed like the menace that he was described as.

New one, he can't even kill a whiny 14 year old, get's his ass handed to him so many times, I'm surprised he hasn't been demoted to 'Private Grievous'.

And don't even get me started on the damn Battle Droids...

Last edited by D-FENS on Apr 13th, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 10:36 PM
LanceWindu

There are plenty things wrong with the Tartakovsky cartoon as well, you don't notice as much since they did the smart thing and kept talking to a minimum. I totally agree with you about Grievous, though. He was such a bad ass in the cartoon version. In the movie...he was cool and all, but didn't live up to the hype.

It was a totally idiotic move to put Grievous in the new show, since the main characters only meet him for the first time in Revenge of the Sith.

Lucas ****ed up the battle droids in Episode 3 (not that they were great to begin with, but I digress...) by making their voices so cartoony, which carried over into the new Clone Wars cartoon.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 05:19 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The numerous fights with Grievous kinda make the one in ROTS like visiting the same train station you go to to take the train to work.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 06:35 AM
LanceWindu

So, he's been overused?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 06:56 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, yes... When two Jedi meet the same thig several times (and never beat him) it gets kinda stale. He doesn't really do anything surprising. All he does is attack and then flee...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:00 AM
D-FENS

Originally posted by LanceWindu
There are plenty things wrong with the Tartakovsky cartoon as well, you don't notice as much since they did the smart thing and kept talking to a minimum. I totally agree with you about Grievous, though. He was such a bad ass in the cartoon version. In the movie...he was cool and all, but didn't live up to the hype.

It was a totally idiotic move to put Grievous in the new show, since the main characters only meet him for the first time in Revenge of the Sith.

Lucas ****ed up the battle droids in Episode 3 (not that they were great to begin with, but I digress...) by making their voices so cartoony, which carried over into the new Clone Wars cartoon.
I didn't say it was perfect, but certainly a lot better than this kiddy garbage.

Agreed, they might aswell not even have included him in the movie, that's how small his role was.

Well, the battle droids were pretty much f**ked up to begin with. But atleast in the first two movies, they weren't joking around, and in Taratakovsky's series, they actually seemed cold and emotionless. The ones in this show...

BTW Love your sig.

@queeq: Exactly.

Last edited by D-FENS on Apr 14th, 2010 at 09:58 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:54 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well, the next epsiode, Bounty Hunters, is quite bad. A lame rip off of the Seven Samurai. It even dedicates it to Akira Kurosawa... OMG...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 10:25 AM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by D-FENS
I didn't say it was perfect, but certainly a lot better than this kiddy garbage.

Agreed, they might aswell not even have included him in the movie, that's how small his role was.

Well, the battle droids were pretty much f**ked up to begin with. But atleast in the first two movies, they weren't joking around, and in Taratakovsky's series, they actually seemed cold and emotionless. The ones in this show...

BTW Love your sig.

@queeq: Exactly.

I never understood why the battle droids even needed to talk, at least to each other. You would think that since they are being controlled by a giant half eaten donut in the sky, they would practically be one entity and communicate with a internal radio signals...not vocal communicators.

At least in the first movie they weren't too goofy (but they still were). Then in ROTS...WTF?! They were turned into a walking laugh track. Why were the Super Battle Droids voices even more wimpy than a regular Battle Droid?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 05:37 PM