KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Midichlorian Counts

Midichlorian Counts
Started by: HeartoftheForce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
Definitly disagree with Nihilus. There is no evidence that his drain would be effective against a highly tiered force user. His TK, while impressive, isn't shown to be entirely accurate.

As per Gideon, if the quote about him ripping the ships out a gravity well, and then holding it together with the force was correct, it should have fallen apart instantly when he died. It did not.
His spirit lingered on. That's how powerful he was. And I base this assertion on absolutely nothing.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Definitly disagree with Nihilus. There is no evidence that his drain would be effective against a highly tiered force user. His TK, while impressive, isn't shown to be entirely accurate.

As per Gideon, if the quote about him ripping the ships out a gravity well, and then holding it together with the force was correct, it should have fallen apart instantly when he died. It did not.

lolwutno

"Holding them together" has nothing to do with "ripping them out." Was Gideon talking about stuff? I'd like a link so I can shoot him down.

(N. pulling the ships out of a well doesn't mean that they would fall apart after he died. So that part remains a valid feat.

N. holding the ships together doesn't mean that they would fall apart instantly; that is what inertia is for. Holding together might have been referencing the shear forces of EXITING the gravity well. So this part sounds irrelevant.

I'd like to have the link to the official position (or hear you elaborate) before I toss the idea out completely, however.)

Old Post May 18th, 2010 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't even know where the idea that he was comes from btw (that N was holding it together). Was it becuase you could breath even though you can walk right up to the holes in the ship, becuz, yeah that was pretty wierd.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

It all came from the same conversation with (is it Tobin?) onboard the ravager before you run into N. (or after you run into N, cause it really doesn't matter... you can leave whenever you want.

Gideon wasn't talking about the pulling, he was talking about the holding together, which we get from Tobin.

However, in continuation of that, Tobin has now proved himself an unreliable witness, bringing into doubt the other things that he says.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 12:11 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HeartoftheForce
The name's Kenobi...

So Nihilus lifted a starship and possibly held it together. We should look at it this way. Yoda could definitely do that so who thinks Revan or Bane could? Obi-Wan? Dooku? We'll put him between one of them assuming most people are in agreement about their midichlorian placements. If you disagree then out of the ones I listed just say what you think their midichlorian count should be. Thanks guys.

My next question is what about Ben and the Solo kids. Think that they're right?

Old Post May 18th, 2010 12:30 AM
Click here to Send HeartoftheForce a Private Message Find more posts by HeartoftheForce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I might move Obi-Wan somewhat lower- he was fairly strong in the force, but what really made him such an awesome Jedi was cunning and sword skill, he have fairly few pure force feats.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

why does this feel like Mickey Suttle all over again?

Old Post May 18th, 2010 12:32 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Why is Kol so low? He's a Skywalker.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HeartoftheForce
The name's Kenobi...

Who's Mickey Suttle? lol. And I just put Kol on their on a whim. I hadn't really looked at his feats or anything. But I'll change it soon.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:04 AM
Click here to Send HeartoftheForce a Private Message Find more posts by HeartoftheForce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

In ascending order:

quote:
Yoda could definitely do that

Prove it.

quote:

Gideon wasn't talking about the pulling, he was talking about the holding together, which we get from Tobin.

What? The holding together, as I explained, does not necessitate that the ship fall apart as soon as N. dies. Unless there is something pulling the ship apart at that moment, inertia would prevent it from suddenly exploding. "Holding the ship together" would mean counteracting shear forces during acceleration or FTL travel or entering/exiting a planet's gravity. Luckily, the Ravager was not doing any of these things and so N.'s direct intervention wasn't needed to hold the ship together between his death and the destruction of the ship.

I understand questioning sources, but going to such lengths to discredit someone with no reason to lie--someone whose testimony is corroborated by OoU facts (the loading screen)--suggests some sort of deeper bias. Maybe Gid is just jealous of N.'s TK; maybe Gid is afraid that he has found a match for Palpatine. laughing

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

No, if the ship was literally not together, the very force of a single person's steps would make it fly apart. It has nothing to rest on, since this is space. Instead, you had an entire commando team. You can say he held it together long enough to get some spot welds in place i guess, but since it isn't resting in a gravity situation, without something holding it together, it will come apart.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:22 AM
HeartoftheForce
The name's Kenobi...

How big was the ship? Yoda is credited in lifting two droid landing crafts at once and having one of the highest midichlorian counts (no exact number given) so I just assume anything Nihilus can do, he can do better lol

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:33 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

um... no. You are taking the line "held together" and extrapolating into "not connected in any way." This is a rather large logical leap and will have to be substantiated, especially since the ship clearly had artificial gravity and also some measure of life support.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:34 AM
Gecko4lif

How the hell is nihilus so low?

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

If N is holding it together, the insinuation is that nothing else is holding it together, or else I am misunderstanding the use of the words "hold together" there.

If any kind of fasteners are holding it together, N is not.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:40 AM
HeartoftheForce
The name's Kenobi...

Gecko I'm changing it definitely, haha. I'm thinking 18,900? Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:43 AM
Gecko4lif

That sounds about right

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

If N is holding it together, the insinuation is that nothing else is holding it together, or else I am misunderstanding the use of the words "hold together" there.

If any kind of fasteners are holding it together, N is not.

i GUESS THAT I WAS IMAGINING A PLATE OF FOOD PILED WITH WAY WAY TOO MUCH FOOD. IF YOU ARE WALKING/MOVING SLOWLY THEN THERE IS NO NEED TO PROTECT THE SUPERSTRUCTURE OF BREADSTICKS WITH YOUR HANDS. hOWEVERE, IF YOU MOVE MORE QUICKLY THEN YOU MAY NEED TO HOLD THE PLATE WITH ONE HAND AND MAINTAIN STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY WITH THE OTHER. IN THIS WAY YOU WOULD BE "HOLDING IT TOGETHER" WITHOUT NEEDING TO APPLY CONSTANT FORCE (OR fORCE, AS THE CASE MAY BE).

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:44 AM
HeartoftheForce
The name's Kenobi...

So here's the big question then. Revan or Nihilus? Who do you think has greater Force potential?

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:46 AM
truejedi

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
i GUESS THAT I WAS IMAGINING A PLATE OF FOOD PILED WITH WAY WAY TOO MUCH FOOD. IF YOU ARE WALKING/MOVING SLOWLY THEN THERE IS NO NEED TO PROTECT THE SUPERSTRUCTURE OF BREADSTICKS WITH YOUR HANDS. hOWEVERE, IF YOU MOVE MORE QUICKLY THEN YOU MAY NEED TO HOLD THE PLATE WITH ONE HAND AND MAINTAIN STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY WITH THE OTHER. IN THIS WAY YOU WOULD BE "HOLDING IT TOGETHER" WITHOUT NEEDING TO APPLY CONSTANT FORCE (OR fORCE, AS THE CASE MAY BE).

Now imagine that the plate with all the food is IN SPACE. what happens to that food? So you use the force to hold it all together. Then you die. What happens?

Old Post May 18th, 2010 01:47 AM