KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Midichlorian Counts

Midichlorian Counts
Started by: HeartoftheForce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
or repairing it, and flying it out. Perhaps he used a little TK to help a bit, but didn't take on the full strength of the ship. Heck, if the ship had life support and lighting systems, it could easily have had launch rockets as well.

Please feel free to substantiate your claim regarding launch rockets on a ship constructed and operated entirely in outer space.

And shut up Gideon

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

N
The screen either says he ripped it out or lifted it out (I remember). Flying it out doesn't fit in with that.

"Hauled out."

quote:
RN
And shut up Gideon

laughing

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by Gideon
Well, was I the only one who missed the noticeable bulge in his robes? Obviously the gravity manipulation gun.

It seems just as valid as the notion that he pulled it out through the Force, since no one has offered incontroverible proof that Nihilus possesses remarkable telekinesis.

Considering that N was a soldier stuck on Malachor V, I would find it more likely that he didn't have access to magical gravity gun of which we have no proof exists.

Although how he got it flying while stuck on the ground is a question. A ship like that is going to have a lot of mass. Combine that with a magic gravity well and you have a ship that weighs a lot.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Actually DE, i'm fairly certain, it uses the word "tore".

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:52 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Autokrat
Considering that N was a soldier stuck on Malachor V, I would find it more likely that he didn't have access to magical gravity gun of which we have no proof exists.

Well how do you know that the magical gravity gun wasn't simply part of the standard Sith uniform, in case of emergencies?

Perhaps Nihilus is also some sort of MacGyver-esque figure and was capable of designing such a device?

I'm obviously teasing you about the gun, but there is no proof that has been offered that concludes that Nihilus tore the ship out of the gravity well through telekinesis.

You can say how it's the best possible explanation, but that doesn't make it absolute.

quote:
Autokrat
Although how he got it flying while stuck on the ground is a question.

If one removes the cartridge from the Magical Gravity Manipulation Gun and replaces it with a Repair Star Destroyer cartridge, it can theoretically be used to... repair a Star Destroyer.

Edit: RN's investigations concluded that the quote says "haul." But I'm not sure that makes a difference.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by Gideon
Well how do you know that the magical gravity gun wasn't simply part of the standard Sith uniform, in case of emergencies?

Perhaps Nihilus is also some sort of MacGyver-esque figure and was capable of designing such a device?

I'm obviously teasing you about the gun, but there is no proof that has been offered that concludes that Nihilus tore the ship out of the gravity well through telekinesis.

You can say how it's the best possible explanation, but that doesn't make it absolute.

If one removes the cartridge from the Magical Gravity Manipulation Gun and replaces it with a Repair Star Destroyer cartridge, it can theoretically be used to... repair a Star Destroyer.

No where, am I claiming it is absolute and nor should I have to. We do not need absolute anything to make conclusions. Sadly, this bad habit has developed here at SWVF for the past two years.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I absolutely know it did not use the word "haul"

And that doesn't even sound like he used force if it did.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 10:58 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

What has been offered (rather tenaciously and vigorously) by a certain faction is that Nihilus used the Force (specifically telekinesis) to haul the Ravager out of Malachor's gravity well.

I ask for proof, I get almost nothing. Certainly not enough to prove that.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:00 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Autokrat, this is what DS would call "grasping at straws." Usually, Gideon would then be the one to laugh at him. I guess I'll have to fill in for that step.

quote:
Magical Gravity Manipulation Gun

laughing

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:

"Hauled out."

quote:
Actually DE, i'm fairly certain, it uses the word "tore".

Hauled and tore are just fancy white devil ways of saying ripped or lifted. And by sweet Urkel I refuse to use the slave language whitey imposes on me.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

DE, you'r not black.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:02 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
DE, you'r not black.

"I'm wondering if you're making grammatical mistakes just to bait me."

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:04 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm almost black.

(please log in to view the image)

See? Surely that almost counts.

Last edited by Nephthys on May 18th, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Didn't we declare a moritorium on that photo?

If I can't spam images of preemies then you can't have... that

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:09 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I find that to be incredibly racist. Just becuase I'm black (but not 'too' black, heaven forbid big grin ) and apparantly am rather well indowed doesn't mean I don't have the right to post my shnazzy sort-of blackness as I wish. Fo-shizzle!

edit: //S\\ ?

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:18 PM
truejedi

who was that fool that kept actually posting pictures of himself on here a few months back? Was that KOTOR3?

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:19 PM
truejedi

hmmm, according to wookipedia (not a source, I know) A mass shadow generator was what was creating the gravity field on Malachor. Nihilus ripped his fleet, not from the surface of the planet, but from the pull of the mass shadow generator (which had been set up to trap the fleet at Malachor.)

For what wookie is worth...

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:23 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hey look, I found this kickass respect thread in the Vgforums. If anyone needs some quotes, just look there, though the youtube links are dead mostly.

Of particular note is that Canderous mentions that the ship should have fallen apart by now, which supports the 'N was holding it together' argument, that Tobin mentions that N's keeping himself (Tobin) and the whole crew alive, possibly indicating a bond and that N was already weakened by hunger before his fight with teh Exile, which I'd forgotten.

Though Blax calls Gideon and Lightsnake the two best debators on KMC, so obviously the thread can't be that in tune with reality.

Last edited by Nephthys on May 20th, 2010 at 09:42 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2010 09:33 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by ESB -1138
No. They are not Palpatine fanboys. In fact they really don't like Sidious.

laughing

Old Post May 22nd, 2010 02:57 AM
truejedi

Originally posted by Nephthys

Of particular note is that Canderous mentions that the ship should have fallen apart by now, which supports the 'N was holding it together'

DE, stop it! This was the quote:

Mandalore: [The Ravager] is barely holding itself together. The structural damage should have destroyed it long ago.
Which clearly says : The Ravager is barely holding itself together.

Old Post May 22nd, 2010 03:07 AM