KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » How did the Death Star go to light speed?

How did the Death Star go to light speed?
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NoogDeNoog

the death star had hyper and sublight drives all around the equatorial trench. it had a hyperdrive multiplier of X4 and a sublight speed of 2D, per the death star technical companion by WEG.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 09:50 PM
Click here to Send NoogDeNoog a Private Message Find more posts by NoogDeNoog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoogDeNoog
the death star had hyper and sublight drives all around the equatorial trench. it had a hyperdrive multiplier of X4 and a sublight speed of 2D, per the death star technical companion by WEG.

"CHECK OUT THE BIG BRAIN ON BRAD!
You a smart motherf**ker; that's right!"

Attachment: sam jackson-pulp fiction.jpg
This has been downloaded 86 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 05:28 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

...people knowing stuff like that still astounds me. >>.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes the Death Star CAN go at faster than lightspeed. I believe that this was stated somewhere. Plus, how else could it go to so many different planets accross the galaxy?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Yes the Death Star CAN go at faster than lightspeed. I believe that this was stated somewhere. Plus, how else could it go to so many different planets accross the galaxy?

by floating?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Whats hyperdrive multiplier X4? and whats sublight speed 2D? how fast is that?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 06:23 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoogDeNoog

a hyperdrive is the "engine" they use in the star wars universe to travel from one system to another. a sublight drive is the "engine" they use to travel in system. in ESB, the reason han solo couldn't escape from the the imperials after the battle of hoth was because his hyperdrive was broken, he had to use his sublight drives to reach cloud city.

a hyperdrive multiplier of X4 is rather slow, the galactic standard is X2. the standard imperial navy multiplier is X1, the Millenium falcon has a multiplier of X.5. distance between systems is measured in hours of travel in hyperspace. so the distance of planet A to planet B is 100 hours. it would take the death star 400 hours, a vessel with a standard hyperdrive engine 200 hours, an imperial naval vessel 100 hours, and han solo 50 hours.

sort of the same with the sublight drive, 2D is kind of slow, i think a tie interceptor has a speed of something like 6D, can't remember right now. but the higher the number, the greater the speed.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 09:16 PM
Click here to Send NoogDeNoog a Private Message Find more posts by NoogDeNoog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I learn so much...

hmm, then if Han used his sublight engines to get to cloud city, then that must mean it's real close...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 10:09 PM
NoogDeNoog

han even says the bespin is close in ESB.

if you want to learn more, try buying some west end games sourcebooks on ebay or something.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 06:01 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

^^' should be fun, but they cost a lot (for me at least) and I don't have time to cram them into my brain. I need the extra space for school stuff. Uni takes up most of your life mind/brain. ^^'

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 09:38 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
by floating?

Everything floats in space. No gravity.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 11:18 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-Sidious1
Grand Master Sith Lord

The Death Star I (DS-1) has two sub-light Sepma engines and has a hyperdrive rating of 4.0. It also had 123 SSPO6 hyperdrive engines to thrust it through space. These engines also accurately angled the Death Star in position for attacks.

Attachment: file:death star.jpeg
This has been downloaded 48 time(s).

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Lord-Sidious1 a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-Sidious1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How informative.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 05:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by Lord-Sidious1
The Death Star I (DS-1) has two sub-light Sepma engines and has a hyperdrive rating of 4.0. It also had 123 SSPO6 hyperdrive engines to thrust it through space. These engines also accurately angled the Death Star in position for attacks.

That is the ultimate pick up line.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 07:41 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

*makes notes*

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 01:29 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

In the Ultimate Visual guide it says the Death Star was capable of traveling through hyperspace.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post May 24th, 2010 12:12 AM
Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't think that was news...

Old Post May 24th, 2010 09:51 AM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Originally posted by sweersa
That is the ultimate pick up line.

Damn that's why I always fail at getting girls now I have the perfect line

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 09:34 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote