KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RP General Discussion

RP General Discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (685): « First ... « 535 536 [537] 538 539 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Far less dense than the official Star Wars roleplay. That thing is bonkers.

Keep in mind that there is a lot that you can get with xp points, once you start playing. I can attest to this.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 06:35 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yep.

Rex managed to increase his lightsaber score with xp points (though I don't think that's allow now...else I would have), I've got a bunch more Force powers and I think an extra skill or two and I increased my Force Rating...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 02:28 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good character creation in roleplay is actually about reasonable restriction (from a mechanical viewpoint, that is).

My sort of RPing also strongly believes in relatively limited mechanics also. Having too many rules leads to two things- overwhelmed newbies and power gamers.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 13th, 2010 at 04:25 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 03:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

BB- this guy would be one of yours. Have you heard the back story?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 03:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Good character creation in roleplay is actually about reasonable restriction (from a mechanical viewpoint, that is).

I understand the need for restrictions. There's just 1-2 things that will "complete" my character from an RP perspective that I can't immediately have upon character creation. Beyond that, I'm largely indifferent to changes and/or additions.

But my concerns have been addressed and questions answered by both yourself and rexx. I'll have a completed character within a day or two.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 04:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Originally posted by Ushgarak
BB- this guy would be one of yours. Have you heard the back story?

Haven't yet!

Digi, mind sending me your stuff as well as the third consultant? I can help you get integrated into the Renegade team since I lead it.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 09:51 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Sent it.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 11:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I am intrigued as to what you've come up with, personally happy

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 11:13 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

FORCE POWERS:
Push/Pull
Sense (+Mastery: Empathy, Scan)
Presence
Intuition
Swiftness
Coodination (+Mastery: Flurry, Ward)

These are my current powers. Bart pointed out that I need Swiftness Mastery before I can take Coordination Mastery. But after reviewing the Force Power section, I can't find that stipulation. The only prerequisite for Coordination is Swiftness, just the regular version. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 05:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

In the same way that you need Swiftness to get Coordination, you need to get the Swiftness Mastery to ge the Coordination Mastery.

I forget where it says it, but it does... somewhere. It's meant to keep you from taking top level powers without taking the lower ones first.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 05:51 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gotcha. I'll just swap the two, and pick up Swiftness Mastery instead. Thanks.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 05:53 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

My completed character. Enjoy!

Character Name: Tilulla Rynn
Template: Freelancer
Race: Female Zeltron
Wookiepedia Zeltron Entry: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zeltron
Height: 5'10"
Skin Color: Red
Hair: Black
Lightsaber: Scarlet

Backstory: Tilulla Rynn was born in the slums of Coruscant. Her parents, loving but impoverished, recognized her Force sensitivity despite not being Force sensitives themselves. Realizing that the likeliest career path for a Zeltron of Tilulla's meager background was as an exotic dancer, stripper, or worse, they devoted all of their time to getting Tilulla recognized by the Jedi Order. Fortunately, their efforts paid off, and Tilulla's parents happily relinquished her to the Order for training at a very young age. In her training she excelled at martial skills, but lacked nuance with the Force itself.

Upon receiving training and becoming a Jedi Knight, Tilulla began to receive small assignments from the Council. And during these assignments she encountered those who wished her aid and were willing to pay for her services. She reasoned that despite the Jedi oath of poverty, she could accept rewards for her work and give them to her parents, who continued to live in poverty. As word spread of her willingness to work outside the Council's orders, the number of jobs she was offered increased exponentially. Her parents soon lived comfortably in the Coruscanti middle class.

One day, her parents came to her on behalf of a fellow Zeltron whose family had been taken away and sold into slavery. The Zeltron man was willing to pay handsomely for both the return of his family, and the life of the slave trader. Incensed at his story, she accepted. Tillula eventually killed the trader responsible for the kidnapping the Zeltron man's family, but could not locate them.

The Council, aware of her actions for some time but saying nothing due to the limited nature of her actions, took this as the final straw and stripped her of her rank and title. They did not condemn her actions, only that she had accepted personal payments for them, and has done so without the Council's consent. They demanded that she return all money and materials that she had obtained through un-Jedi-like actions. Tilulla refused, by this time disagreeing with the entire principle of ascetic living. She had done a good deed, she thought, and should rightly be allowed to accept a reward for it. She accused the Council's views of being archaic and needlessly punishing, and left the Order entirely. Tilulla does not hate the Order, but she has severed connections to them of her own volition. It is uncertain how the Masters would react to her return.

Able to support herself both as an ex-Jedi and Bounty Hunter, Tilulla became a sword for hire, though never without investigating the claims of her clients. Any job that she deemed unjust or petty, she would refuse to take. She is much more willing to take jobs that she deems as righteous, though never without some reward for herself. Jobs where neither party seems entirely just are fair game as well, as Tilulla rationalizes that she is as good a recipient as any to profit off of the mutual illegality of others. Her travels have enabled her to develop contacts and skills consistent with a bounty hunter whose adventures span the galaxy.

If in the presence of a Council-sanctioned Jedi or Master, she is likely to defer leadership to them unless her goals differ from theirs. She realizes that the Council itself is a benevolent body, but simply cannot condone their reactionist tendencies (Tilulla herself preferring a proactive approach) and unwillingness to allow material possessions.

Consistent with her race, Tilulla is capable of producing strong pheromones, and has two livers which enable her to consume more alcohol than other races.

STATS

Strength: 4
Agility: 4
Dexterity: 4
Defence: 1

Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 5
Perception: 3

Force Rating: 5
Force Attack: 7
Force Defence: 1

SKILLS

Lightsaber Score: 5
Combat: 4 (Fixed)
Total Pool: 9 (10 due to template ability)

Guns: 2
Intrusion: 2
Observation: 2
Savoir-Faire: 1
Languages: 1
Leadership: 1
Medicine: 1
Survival: 1

SPECIAL: Born to Fight- A Freelancer gets a bonus die to all Lightsaber rolls.

FORCE POWERS:
Push/Pull
Sense
Intuition
Leaping
Swiftness (+Mastery: Strike, Evade, Dash)
Coodination (+Mastery: Flurry, Ward)

BLADE SCHTICKS: 4
Forward Guard
Balanced Guard
Riposte
Block

COMBAT SCHTICKS: 6
Whirling Strike
Focused Blow
Dodge and Weave
Twin Weapons
Assault
Feint

Merits:
- Ally (Astromech Droid)
An accidentally misnamed member of an R2 production line, G8-TR (nicknamed "Gator" by Tilulla) is Ti's handy astromech companion.

- Contact (Utun Ramesh - Bounty Hunter)
Utun, a Hutt, comes from the formerly influential Ramesh clan of Hutts. Utun herself holds strong ties to the Bounty Hunters Guild, and acts as an Organizer of bounties. Her has employed Tilulla on a number of occasions, enjoying her extra skills as a Force-user. Tilulla has helped Utun keep her status as a prominent Hutt, despite coming from a largely deposed family. In exchange for her frequent services, Utun is more than willing to use her knowledge of galactic affairs and bounty hunter information and resources to help Tilulla.

- Ally (Mineh Ishido, Coruscant PI)
During her time as a freelancer on Coruscant, Tilulla made various contacts within the workings of the city. Most notably, a private investigator named Mineh Ishido. Sharing Tilulla's desire for justice, with or without government and Council sanction, the two formed a businesslike friendship that was mutually beneficial. He can act as Ti's eyes and ears on the city-planet when called upon.

Last edited by Digi on Nov 28th, 2011 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 11:38 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Hmm Digi is a girl.

I wonder when the first guy is gonna try and get in her pants.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 12:52 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Less common on the Light Side, I think...

Looks good, Digi! I'll get something together for you.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 07:32 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Newjak
Hmm Digi is a girl.

I wonder when the first guy is gonna try and get in her pants.

...you mean, when the first person is going to die horribly by my blade? Yeah, I'm looking forward to that.

Originally posted by REXXXX
Less common on the Light Side, I think...

Looks good, Digi! I'll get something together for you.

So wait, the Dark Siders are just a mess of people trying to sleep with each other? Lawl.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 04:31 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, there is some of that, yeah. We have two girl Darkies, and it can get pretty funny at times stick out tongue

We also have some great rivalries going on, which make for awesome arguments happy

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 04:40 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

The darkside is the best side big grin

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 07:48 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Was. I'm playing now.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 08:26 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Hahah! Thats the spirit Digi!
Darkies are just jealous.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 08:30 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm not aware there was anything to be jealous of.

You guys just wish you were as awesome as we are stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 03:13 AM