KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Prowse and Lucas

Prowse and Lucas
Started by: 003

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
God

Prowse and Lucas

David Prowse has revealed that Lucas shows no sign of letting up on him. It appears that Prowse is not allowed to attend official Star Wars events or anything else connected to Lucasfilm.
Surely it is time that Lucas grew up and moved on from this.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 10:30 PM
Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

I remember having this discussion before with you a long long time ago with an alternative user name far, far away...

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 11:36 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Sorry to disappoint you, but we have never had this conversation. I only posted this as I read an interview with prowse that was published today. Get your facts straight.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 11:42 PM
Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 003
Sorry to disappoint you, but we have never had this conversation. I only posted this as I read an interview with prowse that was published today. Get your facts straight.

I think you forgot who I am.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 10:14 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by sweersa
I think you forgot who I am.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I have never had this conversation with you. So deal with it.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2010 04:12 PM
Impediment
Endless

Yeah, okay Zoom.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2010 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by Impediment
Yeah, okay Zoom.

What does that mean?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 05:23 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Play nice, kids.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 21st, 2010 at 09:35 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 06:54 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

What happened between the two? I dunno the story at all

Just I get my facts right, Prowse played Vader right?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 11:20 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by steverules_2
What happened between the two? I dunno the story at all

Just I get my facts right, Prowse played Vader right?

Basically, Prowse insists that Lucas promised that when Vader finally revealed his face it would be that of Prowse. Of course that wasn't the case and Prowse was not pleased.
Around about this time a British tabloid printed spoilers concerning ROTJ and Prowse was deemed to have been the one who went to the press.
From that moment on Lucas refused to have anything to do with Prowse, so much so that it has been alleged that most of the Vader scenes filmed after the incident were filmed without Prowse.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 01:24 PM
steverules_2

Thanks for the info

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 01:45 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by steverules_2
Thanks for the info

No problem, I am glad to help.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 01:46 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

David Prowse was the honoured guest at the first Star Wars convention in Toronto, back in 1997. If he was 'Persona Non Grata' with Lucas, wouldn't he be barred from attending?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 08:59 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by roughrider
David Prowse was the honoured guest at the first Star Wars convention in Toronto, back in 1997. If he was 'Persona Non Grata' with Lucas, wouldn't he be barred from attending?

I am only reporting what has been said by both Prowse and Lucas.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 02:11 PM
God

Having just done a quick bit of research the event in Toronto was not an official Lucasfilm event and that is why Prowse was able to attend. I hope that helps.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 02:23 PM
sweersa

That is interesting, I knew they had some beef but I never knew the circumstances behind it. Thanks for the information, it is intriguing.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 06:57 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Back in 2003, Prowse was talking to the media; saying he told Geroge Lucas he was getting in shape again to be ready to put on the Vader costume again, if he wanted him.
Now Lucas didn't use him of course - but was that Prowse trying to make nice, or indicating the two have a good relationship?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 01:42 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by sweersa
That is interesting, I knew they had some beef but I never knew the circumstances behind it. Thanks for the information, it is intriguing.

Glad to help.

Back in 2003, Prowse was talking to the media; saying he told Geroge Lucas he was getting in shape again to be ready to put on the Vader costume again, if he wanted him.
Now Lucas didn't use him of course - but was that Prowse trying to make nice, or indicating the two have a good relationship?

I have heard in the past that it was an attempt at clearing the air on the part of Prowse, but how true that is I don't know.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2010 02:49 AM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Probably why they let HC in the vader costume and not prowse

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 07:30 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

Prowse claims he hasn't spoken with Lucas since 1983.
I'm not sure anyone is in the wrong in all of this, but I must admit, Prowse hasn't done himself many favours over the years in interviews, and with his appearance in Saving Star Wars.

The bottom line is, this all started with Vader's death scene being leaked to the Daily Mail - Prowse claims a reporter duped him into showing him the call sheet with Sebastian Shaw's scene on it, under the pretense of be interested in interviewing Prowse about his weightlifting career.

Either way, I doubt David could have delivered on his promises about "getting into shape" for the role in 2003 - he has been virtually crippled by artritis since the late 90s, in fact he was recovering from a hip operation around the time ROTS was being made wasn't he?

On the other hand, I'm not sure "banning" him from Lucas-sanctioned events is the way forward either.
It's just one of those silly little feuds that has lingered on over the years.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 10:42 PM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote