KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode III: PG or PG-13? [Merged]

What will Episode III be rated?
This poll is closed.
PG 22 16.06%
PG-13 115 83.94%
Total: 137 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Episode III: PG or PG-13? [Merged]
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Arrow Episode III: PG or PG-13?

What will it be rated? I'm thinking PG-13... I read in Insider that there's a topless scene, for some reason I don't think that'll pass under PG. Plus, the third Indiana Jones was PG-13, the others were PG, and that didn't stop it from being as successful, did it? It won't be rated R, for one thing. That would completely kill any hope of a profit. It can't jump from PG to R, I heard that on a few boards. It just can't and won't happen.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 03:03 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

for a movie that is going to be so much "darker" than the others, i'm thinking this definetly will be PG-13.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

ok, the topless scene is hayden. and at this point, george has some powerful friends and is a powerful man himself. all the other films were at least a pg-13, especially empire. George could probably put Jay and Silent Bob banging padme in the movie and still get a PG rating.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 08:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, don't get your pants off on the topless scene ... well, you can if you're a hayden-fan of course

from what I heard with the stuff going on it will get a more serious rating... unless they cut it out

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 10:23 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

The film will definitely be rated PG. All of the other Star Wars movies were PG. Besides, Lucas wants the biggest audience he can get.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 01:43 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

Re: Episode III: PG or PG-13?

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
The third Indiana Jones was PG-13, the others were PG, and that didn't stop it from being as successful, did it?

When raiders of the lost ark came out, there was no such thing as PG-13. It wasnt violent enough to be R, so it got the PG rating. Now there is a PG-13, but there are movies out that are PG now, that would have been PG-13 years ago, and movies that are PG-13 now, that would have ben R a few years ago. GL will have no trouble editing the movie to get a PG rating.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 06:20 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

actually, statistically PG13 movies gross higher than the PG fair

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
ok, the topless scene is hayden. and at this point, george has some powerful friends and is a powerful man himself. all the other films were at least a pg-13, especially empire. George could probably put Jay and Silent Bob banging padme in the movie and still get a PG rating.

I was thinking it would be a play on words.. I was hoping it weren't though sad embarrasment

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 07:44 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astro12345

Obviously, PG. I would bet anyone anything. And the topless seen, it's not like they would show anything.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Astro12345 a Private Message Find more posts by Astro12345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

dude, read! ANAKIN will be topless

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 09:28 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Christ, I can understand for 23 pages, but this is the 10th post. Quite sad, really. erm

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 10:22 PM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

i think it will be PG13 . sounds more dark and wayyy more action and shit like that big grin

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 02:01 AM
Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hana_skywalker
Felix Felicis

Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
dude, read! ANAKIN will be topless

Fortunately for us girls! Happy Dance Happy Dance

"Happiness... is not a fish that you can catch." - oUr LaDy PeAcE
"The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side" - Master Yoda

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 02:39 AM
Click here to Send hana_skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by hana_skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deaconbluez

The movie will definately have a PG-13 rating due to the thematic elements/violence. Episode 2's scene with Anakin getting his arm chopped off ALMOST got the film a PG-13 rating. True, George Lucas has a lot of influence in Hollywood, just not with the right people. He has alienated himself from the people that truly matter in the political machine. This is why none of his films get nominated for prestigious awards. You've gotta admire a guy who refuses to play the game and is still as successful as he is.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 11:52 AM
Click here to Send deaconbluez a Private Message Find more posts by deaconbluez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

just to please you hana stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 12:18 PM
The One Part 2

quote:
Originally posted by deaconbluez
The movie will definately have a PG-13 rating due to the thematic elements/violence. Episode 2's scene with Anakin getting his arm chopped off ALMOST got the film a PG-13 rating. True, George Lucas has a lot of influence in Hollywood, just not with the right people. He has alienated himself from the people that truly matter in the political machine. This is why none of his films get nominated for prestigious awards. You've gotta admire a guy who refuses to play the game and is still as successful as he is.

I completely disagree. Every Star Wars film has been PG, and it's not going to change with EIII. As dark as it will be, the chapter is part of a story geared towards children as Lucas has said numerous times. He has enough influence to slip it through as a PG, and failing that, he'll edit it down to acheive that rating.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 02:39 PM
Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

didn't he, spielberg, harrison ford, and carrie fisher stand up and aplaud michael moore last year? that would've been awesome

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 04:00 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

that would be funny, to have michael moore in star wars (maybe he could campaign against palpatine)

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 05:01 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deaconbluez

Except Michael Moore would be on Palpatine's side since he is pure evil. Like a GOP Senator once said, "Don't kill all the Liberals. Keep 2 on every campus as a living fossil so we'll always remember what they stood for."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 09:41 PM
Click here to Send deaconbluez a Private Message Find more posts by deaconbluez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

True, true.. smile

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 06:14 PM