KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?

ROTS is almost 5 years old, where did the time go?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tmiller2

time has flown indeed!

i would rank the films as follows...

ESB
ROTJ
ANH
ROTS
TCW
TPM

All films are flawed, but i love them all!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 11:02 AM
Click here to Send tmiller2 a Private Message Find more posts by tmiller2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

TCW?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 03:35 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He means, I think AOTC... . The crappy one... which should be at the bottom.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 01:11 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
He means, I think AOTC... . The crappy one... which should be at the bottom.

If it wasn't for the awesome action scene towards the end I would agree. But honestly it would have been better if they started AOTC showing the separatists and count dooku gearing up for whatever they were doing so we are not confused as to who the heck that random old guy is when he comes out of no where.

Imagine a Return of the Jedi style opening for AOTC...that is sort of what I mean, sets it all up.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 03:22 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I like Attack of the Clones for what it is. I always have lots of fun watching it. I think it beats The Phantom Menace by a long shot.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I like Attack of the Clones for what it is. I always have lots of fun watching it. I think it beats The Phantom Menace by a long shot.

I am glad to know I am not the only one! smile Not sure if it beats PM, but I enjoy both very much every time.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 09:51 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Same here. smile

I like George.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 01:24 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I made this thread and I totally forgot to come here on ROTS 5 year anniversary. Oh well.

Anyway, on the topic I see here on AOTC, meh its grown on me but its still the one I like the least:

Mainly for two reasons: the characters wants and motivations are extremely not clear (especially with the CIS), and two the film has horrendous pacing problems. 30 minutes could be cut but unfortunatley every scene has a major innuendo or plot point, so the problem lies in the dialog and the general writing of the scenes.

I also noticed a continuity error recently. When Jango flies out of the astroid theres shot from behind the ship and you clearly watch him fly out, and then the very next shot you watch him fly out of the astroid again from a reverse angle even though you just watched him fly out.

I wonder whats going on with the films now? waiting for that blu ray release thats for sure. I could care less about the "TV show".

I say "TV show" because who knows if thats gonna see the light of day.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Star wars go dormant like it was between 1984 and 1996

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 12:23 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah, I hear ya.

The TV show just doesn't have me excited the same way a movie would, but I'm still anxious to see how it'll be.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 01:15 AM
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like your analysis, OB1. AOTC sometimes did seem a little choppy. I always thought the PT was often at a disadvantage from the start, because they will forever be compared to the OT.

Though the OT may not have anywhere near the level of special effects the PT did, the quality of both the story and effects of OT in the 70s and 80s were so groundbreaking and different from everything else at that time, that nothing could ever come close to matching it.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 02:06 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Well said, and I agree about being at a disadvantage. I've been saying the exact same thing for years. When something comes out and is a classic, and decades later more films are made, they will always be compared to the originals and almost never live up to them.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2010 03:11 PM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I like boobs

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

I remember dressing up as anakin and grabbing my lightsabre the small ones that don't make sounds and go all the way in, which had been with since '99 when I watched ep I when I was 4 or 5, and I still have it, and going to the cinama dam the line was really long my mum ordered our tickets though, and I got popcorn and and I giant tango ice blast and seeing another star wars fan my age (11 now I'm 15 and still in contact with the fan) and drawer my elegant weapon for a more civilised time and he copied and his was if the same design but unlike my blue blade his was red and he'd painted some parts black like vaders, we battled he had the upper hand but I made a swift move at his lightsabre then his body. We both checked our tickets and realized we were sitting next to each other. I sat down and my mind was playing on that I'd been good by not looking at spoilers but I had the novel a few days before the films release but I told my mum I'm not gonna read it till I've scene ep III
After the film I cheered and clapped. Best. Day. Ever. Oh sweersa I love your sig. And jack we all love boobs
my fave films are

ANH
ESB
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM
TCW

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 10:58 AM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I made this thread and I totally forgot to come here on ROTS 5 year anniversary. Oh well.

Anyway, on the topic I see here on AOTC, meh its grown on me but its still the one I like the least:

Mainly for two reasons: the characters wants and motivations are extremely not clear (especially with the CIS), and two the film has horrendous pacing problems. 30 minutes could be cut but unfortunatley every scene has a major innuendo or plot point, so the problem lies in the dialog and the general writing of the scenes.

I also noticed a continuity error recently. When Jango flies out of the astroid theres shot from behind the ship and you clearly watch him fly out, and then the very next shot you watch him fly out of the astroid again from a reverse angle even though you just watched him fly out.

I wonder whats going on with the films now? waiting for that blu ray release thats for sure. I could care less about the "TV show".

I say "TV show" because who knows if thats gonna see the light of day.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Star wars go dormant like it was between 1984 and 1996

And don't forget to mention that AOTC is hardly about anything. It's about finding out clones are being made.... that takes 2,5 hours... and we still don't know hwo ordered them. And in hindsight, ordering clone wars bears no relevance at all to Anakin's fall. So why do we get this lamest of all detective stories.

The other storyline in Anakin and Padme falling in love. And those scene are so terrible, I can barely watch them. It's far far from believable that these two fall in love. Knowing that it is their love that will be the foundation of Anakin's fall, treating this love story so badly is close to committing a crime.

The rest is eye candy, looks very pretty... but Lucas could have spent his time on making AOTC relevant to the saga. And it's hardly that.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2010 06:53 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

The tv show could be next year or in 5 who knows as long as boba fetts in it

but the thing is if George makes a sequel trilogy the PT will like the best thing ever and the ST will have major flaws and when the SST is made the ST will be great and classic compared to the SST

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 01:08 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe.... now that's encouraging.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 01:33 PM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Basically twillight would be the best film if boba fett was in it and uh did something I've always dreamed of well since twatlight came out any way boba fett kills all and then goes on to beat the crap out of 10 rancors with his bare hands. 300 Jedi turn up and see all the dead vampires and rancors and see boba fett and go to kill him. The screen goes black but al you here Is blaster fire explosions and bodies falling to the floor. The screen returns and bobas lying on the floor but he's not dead he's doing push ups with his chin and he's on 6097328 push ups the screen pans out and there's alot of bodies and boba is like I'm so bad ass. Then 1000 vampires, werewolves and Jedi turn up and boba fett just says well this isn't fair you guys are against me I'm sorry guys. All of a sudden a big explosions kills them all and boba is flying off in slave 1

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 08:13 PM
queeq
Chaos

Errm..... no.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 03:30 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Who can believe it....we're now past 6 years. Doesn't seem possible. And to think, had they kept the movies going, there would be two more already out.

Not that I'm saying I wanted them to keep making them....it's just amazing how much times flies. 3 years in between each installment seemed like an eternity. Now that it's over with, 6 years have already flown right by.

I like George.

Old Post May 24th, 2011 09:47 PM
Havoc X
The Priestess's Mercenary

Its now time for a 10 (yes that's right) year reunion.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Havoc X a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote