KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Sooooooooo. Darth Maul has a brother

Sooooooooo. Darth Maul has a brother
Started by: TheMagicPillow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Which it does.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 09:53 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yup. Filoni is now moving on the clones, trying to prove that Ephialtes would be accepted by the loving Kaminoans and the clones.

Kark I dunno why I even try and like this series, but I'm sure all of you Lucas-mynocks will love it!

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I love IT stick out tongue

big grin

in all seriousness, the second season was quite good, and overall improvement after the 1st season. It's also a bit more dark and mature.
I haven't had much trouble with their handlings of EU property, because I'm not an avid fan of such material, what little I know has worked for me.

And to be honest, it's just EU, it will always get overwritten. I mostly never take it seriously no expression

The Darth Maul brother thing threatens my view of the show though erm

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 04:23 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Something finally does then.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 01:52 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mindbomb
person

I dont know that much about maul but wasnt he taken from his family at a very young age how would his brother even know who he was

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 12:49 PM
Click here to Send mindbomb a Private Message Find more posts by mindbomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

EU

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 01:08 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
EU

...is the vast majority and profitability of Star Wars.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2010 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Agreed but not in here.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2010 09:36 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Perhaps the rules should be updated for the times?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 03:57 AM
queeq
Chaos

Why?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 02:58 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I'd say because Star Wars "canon" as this forum defines it is now finite and hasn't been updated in 5 years. Everything form this point on is "EU." Sure, there is no reason to give credence to random one off facts, but that is a discussion we can have in real time and I think its easy to respect that.

Characters in this series, be they ARC troopers, Quinlan Vos, or Delta squad, even Asajj...their entire character and history is developed in the EU. Its all crossover now, and thus relevant for discussion.

Thats my 2c.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2010 04:36 PM
queeq
Chaos

FAir enough, however, this forum is there for the tv series universe. That doesn't mean you can start bringing in EU books and stuff. As you yourself pointed out there are inconsistencies between the EU sources and the tv series - for instance the ARC troopers. To avoid weird fights and the need for enourmous EU sources, I think it's quite sane to stick to the canon rules. OT-PT: films, novelisations of the films, comicbooks of the films and radio dramas. Tv-series: tv series. EU: books and everything else.

There's a forum for everything so there ya go.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 10:11 AM
Abu-Bactr

So i cant start a thread like:

What EU elements should make it into this show?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2010 02:07 PM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes you can....

IN THE EU FORUM!!!!!!!! mad

Old Post Oct 12th, 2010 10:18 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by mindbomb
I dont know that much about maul but wasnt he taken from his family at a very young age how would his brother even know who he was

My guess would be that his brother can remember Maul... Sidious looks more like a "take it as it comes"-kinda guy. He picked Dooku after all... an old (wealthy) ex-Jedi so he's certainly not a child-grabber like the Jedi. Thus it can stand to reason that Maul (again, without EU sources) was chosen when he was 3, 13, 23, 33 or whatever number is suitable.

On a more personal note: the brother of Maul shows how low a series can go.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 10:28 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It does indeed. Maybe Anakin has a cousin somewhere as well...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 04:47 PM
dadudemon

I just don't get the TV Show hate, at all. I think it's far better than 75% of the EU material out there. I really don't care if the EU is written over because of stuff in the show.

IMO, the show is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EU.

And, as far as canon goes, I think it should be

OT, PT, and Clone Wars CGI = G-Level Canon.

That's my 2 cents.

Also, I'm one of the types that thinks the PT >> OT. So, obviously...I'm the only one on all of KMC that probably likes the TV series...a whole bunch.

Maul's brother? Awesome idea. I love it. I can't wait to see him in action. Of course, we know he dies before the Clones Wars TV show ends.

Please, tell me more, guys, the things you hate about the show. I'll probably like those same things you hate. erm

It's like...I'm really the only Star Wars fanboy around. laughing (the type that thinks George can rarely do anything wrong)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 12:23 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes indeed.... You're the ony Star Wars fanboy around. And we'll ignore you from now on. wink

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 03:09 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by queeq
Yes indeed.... You're the ony Star Wars fanboy around. And we'll ignore you from now on. wink

I don't even hate Jarjar Binks or Ewoks. I enjoyed Binks character and Ewoks looks like they are tasty and cuddly at the same time. no expression

But, yes, I get flack for it all the time.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 07:12 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I think the PT is greater than the OT, but there is no way I like Jar Jar or Ewoks and there is no way I consider this show a positive development for the franchise. Its easily 50% pain for 25% mediocrity and 25% payout.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 03:12 PM