KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Favourite Lightsaber battles

Favourite Lightsaber Battle
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darth Maul vs Quigon/Obiwan (EP I) 7 21.88%
Count Dooku vs Obiwan/Anakin (EP II) 0 0%
Count Dooku vs Yoda (EP II) 2 6.25%
Count Dooku vs Obiwan/Anakin (EP III) 2 6.25%
Mace Windu vs Darth Sidious (EP III) 0 0%
Anakin vs Obiwan (EP III) 4 12.50%
Yoda vs Darth Sidious (EP III) 2 6.25%
Obiwan vs Darth Vader (EP IV) 1 3.13%
Luke vs Darth Vader (EP V) 7 21.88%
Luke vs Darth Vader (EP VI) 7 21.88%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favourite Lightsaber battles
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Favourite Lightsaber battles

Still have to say Luke vs Vader EP VI

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 05:04 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateCake

Luke vs Vader(ESB) because it is the most significant in my opinion.

Last edited by ChocolateCake on Jun 13th, 2010 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 03:38 PM
Click here to Send ChocolateCake a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateCake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Luke vs Darth Vader (EP V)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 03:46 PM
Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I like Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, but I'm still sold on Yoda Vs. Dooku. That is just one of the coolest fights in the entire series. The first time Yoda whipped out his lightsaber at the theaters, the audience went crazy. I'll never forget it.

I like George.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

yeah that was great, although the others were great too. EP VI, Son fighting father, son defeating father, father saving son...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 02:29 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RichardBrittain

I went for Obiwan vs Vader, because it's at an important time in the development of the plot and the outcome is unexpected. It's two real masters with class fighting.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 08:39 PM
Click here to Send RichardBrittain a Private Message Find more posts by RichardBrittain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Luke vs Vader (RotJ) best fight, most emotional, best music.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 06:54 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

222 views, just vote, I wanna see

Old Post Aug 7th, 2010 06:01 AM
steverules_2

Ep V fight was really good. I thought it showed that although Yoda and Ben/Obi-Wan had little faith as to how well Luke would do against Vader and when Luke faced Vader he did really well for someone who wasn't a proper Jedi. Luke showed some real skill and I enjoyed the fight a lot, Luke came real close to beating Vader considering his lightsabre hit vaders arm, that could have turned the tables had he lost his arm but in the end it was Luke who his his hand.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 7th, 2010 08:51 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

funny no one said anakin vs obiwan. most anticipated fight

Old Post Aug 11th, 2010 04:11 AM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Arn't we forgetting about the battle between Darth Vader and Obi?

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 06:14 PM
Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I enjoyed Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul better than the rest-in fact looking back it was the only part I liked about the film.

I don't know about any one else but I've always wondered why in Anakin vs Obi-Wan in ROTS he (Anakin) doesn't fight with a red lightsaber. Without the contrast between the two colours the fight looked messy to me.

Plus, from a symbolism side it would have given more weight to the fact he had been turned into a Sith.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2010 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Actually I disagree. They were 'brothers', so they fought with the same colour lightsabre. In ANH they are enemies, so the colours differ. I think the symbolism (or the lightsabre colour) is not the problem here

Old Post Oct 12th, 2010 10:04 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

In ANH, Obiwan had to give Luke his fathers lightsaber. May have seemed odd giving him a red one. Although red meant nothing at the time when ANH was released.

In ESB, the red vs blue came up with Vader vs Luke, so people assumed red meant darkside, blue being good

Or What Lucas could have done was

Have Anakin in ROTS change his lightsaber to red when he trurned to the darkside, then in ANH have Obiwan give him the blue one. This would say, Obiwan gave Luke his true fathers lightsaber

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 03:57 AM
queeq
Chaos

But it being blue already made it Luke's true father's lightsabre. You have to understand the symbolism of the colours here.

And even red has been thought about: it is after all the colour of passion and aggresion... sounds very Sith to me.
Blue is the colour of calm - the colour of the Jedi.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 06:46 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Or What Lucas could have done was

Have Anakin in ROTS change his lightsaber to red when he trurned to the darkside, then in ANH have Obiwan give him the blue one. This would say, Obiwan gave Luke his true fathers lightsaber

That was more like what I thought should have happened. He could have discarded the lightsaber after killing the younglings, been awarded a red lightsaber from Palpatine to mirror his own. Obi-Wan could have found it and held onto it from then on as a keepsake of his 'Jedi' friend.

As for the red lightsaber as a symbol, it does, in fact symbolise the Sith even in the PT, Darth Maul, Dooku, and Palpatine all had red lightsabers so it should have progressed into Anakin getting one.

As a side issue two blue lightsabers in battle just felt too confused and messy, it just lacked contrast with two blue lines blurring around each other.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Anakin did get a red one... after OB1 stole his blue one. wink

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 06:14 PM
Lord Shadow Z

You know what I mean big grin

I mean he should have had one to wield at the end of ROTS, it would have went with the dark attire he was wearing, you know how image concious Siths are!

Even in the OT Darth Vader never really smote anyone with the lightsaber outside of the standard one-on-one battles.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:00 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well I don't really care about the lightsabre battle. I would have liked the idea that Anakin would already have gone bad a$$ chasing Jedi and that OB1 then decides to appeal to Anakin's remainder of goodness... As Vader's speech to Luke in ROTJ suggested. A red lightsabre would not have been bad then.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 07:50 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

perhaps its a matter of Anakin in ROTS not throwing away a perfectly good blue lightsaber. When he made his new one, he chose red afterwards

Old Post Nov 26th, 2010 03:18 AM