KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Sooooooooo. Darth Maul has a brother

Sooooooooo. Darth Maul has a brother
Started by: TheMagicPillow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I don't even hate Jarjar Binks or Ewoks. I enjoyed Binks character and Ewoks looks like they are tasty and cuddly at the same time. no expression

But, yes, I get flack for it all the time.

How does your analist feel you are doing these days? wink

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 06:29 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I don't think anyone wants to have to see an "analist."

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Dunno, might do some people some good. wink

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 07:07 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by queeq
It does indeed. Maybe Anakin has a cousin somewhere as well...

Shmi always looked like a **** to me. eek!

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

A what?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 07:52 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

it got censored apperently... which 4 letter word would mean that she's doing it all galaxy around?

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Ordo
I think the PT is greater than the OT, but there is no way I like Jar Jar or Ewoks and there is no way I consider this show a positive development for the franchise. Its easily 50% pain for 25% mediocrity and 25% payout.

lol!

Hey, you've met me a third of the way there. Much better than I can hope for from KMC Star Wars fans. It seems like the PT is all but universally touted as inferior to the OT, here.

And, the TV Series is really that painful for you, man? I think it's mostly pretty good.

Originally posted by queeq
How does your analist feel you are doing these days? wink

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but what you mean there is that I have my head up my butt, right? I hope I got your joke......soooo bad. (yes, dead serious...I don't want to be wrong about my assumption!)

Last edited by dadudemon on Nov 4th, 2010 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 05:51 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Just assume you are always wrong.... wink

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 08:38 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

lol!

Hey, you've met me a third of the way there. Much better than I can hope for from KMC Star Wars fans. It seems like the PT is all but universally touted as inferior to the OT, here.

And, the TV Series is really that painful for you, man? I think it's mostly pretty good.

Attack of the Clone is my favorite SW film. smile I always choose to watch the PT over the OT. Though I saw the OT as a kid, I didnt really love it until the prequels.

And yeah, this TV series is VERY painful. Clone Wars EU is the only EU I have ever read or liked. Its so coherent and organized becaus of the whole Clone Wars Mulitmedia Project. So, this show was something I was dying for, and this is the final product. First and foremost are all the canon issues both in and out of the show. I HATE seeing EU characters that I like destroyed because of Lucas' private fetishes. If he was so goddamn brilliant and these characters were really his, he would have invented them the first time and not stolen them from real artists. Anakins' buddy Alpha is gone, Quinlan Vos is now a cocky hippie, Darth Maul has a different color brother and was raised by witches, Ventress is entirely useless, ARC troopers are promoted and not bred, and then there is the CARDINAL sin of this show, the Mandalorians.

But, you can still make a good show right?

You could, but they didn't. After being promised no more Skywalker rehash, Skywalker is in the vast majority of episodes, over 80% for sure, and Kenobi is in way too many as well. After 50 episodes, the Separatists haven't won ONCE, not one, even small gain. The episodic nature is really killing it, because there is no coherence to the show or the style and there is no bridging story, just their seasonal "themes" that manifest themselves in 3 episodes per season. This is complicated by the complete lack of a timeline. Week to week I have no idea what is going on. Why is Ziro in prison? Didn't this character already die? What the hell is going on now? Why is Ahsoka way maturer now than the episode that was chronologically just before, but then immature in the episode that was last season but chronologically takes place after this one? Why the hell did they know the seperatists were on mustufar but never thought to check there in episode 3? There is almost no character development: Anakin and Kenobi are stable, every other Jedi or character just plays a specific role. The plots are damn near formulaic by now, not to mention the plethora of 2-bit supporting characters.

So yeah, its not a good show that actively seems to seek out and destroy the parts of Star Wars I like most.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe you should tell the fanboys on TFN about your views on the show... wink

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 04:17 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I stopped listening to them after they started making fun of people who didn't like the show during their circle jerk "review" episodes. I used to listen to the Force Cast all the time.

They are as about intelligent as mynocks.
1. See Star Wars
2. Suck on it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 05:21 PM
queeq
Chaos

Lollypop

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 06:43 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Jovan
Shmi always looked like a **** to me. eek!

Is it any wonder then that she had no idea who Anakin's dad was wink

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

AHA! Mystery solved.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 08:09 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Is it any wonder then that she had no idea who Anakin's dad was wink

It would have taken ages to get her to go through the list. embarrasment

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 08:51 PM
queeq
Chaos

The entire Outer Rim and then some.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 11:01 AM
S_D_J
Bane

I just don't get the TV Show hate, at all. I think it's far better than 75% of the EU material out there. I really don't care if the EU is written over because of stuff in the show.

IMO, the show is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EU.

And, as far as canon goes, I think it should be

OT, PT, and Clone Wars CGI = G-Level Canon.

That's my 2 cents.

Also, I'm one of the types that thinks the PT >> OT. So, obviously...I'm the only one on all of KMC that probably likes the TV series...a whole bunch.

Maul's brother? Awesome idea. I love it. I can't wait to see him in action. Of course, we know he dies before the Clones Wars TV show ends.

Please, tell me more, guys, the things you hate about the show. I'll probably like those same things you hate. erm

It's like...I'm really the only Star Wars fanboy around. laughing (the type that thinks George can rarely do anything wrong)

You're not the only one wink

I, for the most part, really enjoy the show. There were a few season 1 episodes I really hated. I stopped watching for a while because of them, but I still like the show a whole bunch.

I really don't care about the EU. I find it inconsistent, some times incoherent and for the most part badly written :/, not to mention parts of it get overwritten/overlooked ... the ones I thoroughly enjoy are the Infinities Stories big grin

I don't think PT>>OT, not in the slightest, But I don't consider the PT to be inferior, just different

I don't hate Jar Jar... all that much. I just go along with the hating cuz it's fun! big grin. though in a few CW episodes he's been quite annoying... I love Ewoks! ROTJ is my favorite movie! (though ESB is the best one)

I don't think Lucas can do no wrong, I hated the Hayden/Sebastian switch he pulled, I think in a way it ruins the ending, and his reason for doing so is implausible and laughable. Other than that I don't really mind most of his decisions :/

right now I'm not liking the tampering of Maul's past much we'll see if it works, and his brother, wtf?... I'm doubtful about that...

Originally posted by Ordo
Attack of the Clone is my favorite SW film. smile I always choose to watch the PT over the OT. Though I saw the OT as a kid, I didnt really love it until the prequels.

And yeah, this TV series is VERY painful. Clone Wars EU is the only EU I have ever read or liked. Its so coherent and organized becaus of the whole Clone Wars Mulitmedia Project. So, this show was something I was dying for, and this is the final product. First and foremost are all the canon issues both in and out of the show. I HATE seeing EU characters that I like destroyed because of Lucas' private fetishes. If he was so goddamn brilliant and these characters were really his, he would have invented them the first time and not stolen them from real artists. Anakins' buddy Alpha is gone, Quinlan Vos is now a cocky hippie, Darth Maul has a different color brother and was raised by witches, Ventress is entirely useless, ARC troopers are promoted and not bred, and then there is the CARDINAL sin of this show, the Mandalorians.

But, you can still make a good show right?

You could, but they didn't. After being promised no more Skywalker rehash, Skywalker is in the vast majority of episodes, over 80% for sure, and Kenobi is in way too many as well. After 50 episodes, the Separatists haven't won ONCE, not one, even small gain. The episodic nature is really killing it, because there is no coherence to the show or the style and there is no bridging story, just their seasonal "themes" that manifest themselves in 3 episodes per season. This is complicated by the complete lack of a timeline. Week to week I have no idea what is going on. Why is Ziro in prison? Didn't this character already die? What the hell is going on now? Why is Ahsoka way maturer now than the episode that was chronologically just before, but then immature in the episode that was last season but chronologically takes place after this one? Why the hell did they know the seperatists were on mustufar but never thought to check there in episode 3? There is almost no character development: Anakin and Kenobi are stable, every other Jedi or character just plays a specific role. The plots are damn near formulaic by now, not to mention the plethora of 2-bit supporting characters.

So yeah, its not a good show that actively seems to seek out and destroy the parts of Star Wars I like most.

I hated ATOC the first time, I thought the Ani/Padme love story ruined it. It was rushed, under-develop and not believable. Actually the padme's house deleted scenes should not have been cut, it gave the story a little more depth.
the rest of the movie was rushed, the redeeming parts were the fights scenes (YODA!) and the clones. It's grown on me, now I like it. but it took its time.

About the EU, even if someone else created them, they're still Lucas characters, he approves and oversees their production, but he has no hand on their development for the most part, but they are his, and he can do with them what he wants whenever he wishes it, which doesn't happen often. If you want to blame someone, blame the writers or even Filoni as well, it's not all Lucas fault.

the out-of-order airing is quite irritating though no expression

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 06:39 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Sooooooooo. Darth Maul has a brother

Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
I don't think i'm allowed to post links but on IGN they posted an article about season 3 of the clone wars, and it introduces Darth Maul's brother. An apparently far more imposing figure.

And George Lucas is going to be in it, as the blue guy he played in the cameo in Revenge of the Sith. Don't know if he's voicing it though.

Go to IGN.com and at the moment it's on the front page.
If im given permission to post links then ill post it
smile
Perfect example of why I refuse to watch the series.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 09:33 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by S_D_J
You're not the only one wink

I, for the most part, really enjoy the show. There were a few season 1 episodes I really hated. I stopped watching for a while because of them, but I still like the show a whole bunch.

I really don't care about the EU. I find it inconsistent, some times incoherent and for the most part badly written :/, not to mention parts of it get overwritten/overlooked ... the ones I thoroughly enjoy are the Infinities Stories big grin

I don't think PT>>OT, not in the slightest, But I don't consider the PT to be inferior, just different

I don't hate Jar Jar... all that much. I just go along with the hating cuz it's fun! big grin. though in a few CW episodes he's been quite annoying... I love Ewoks! ROTJ is my favorite movie! (though ESB is the best one)

I don't think Lucas can do no wrong, I hated the Hayden/Sebastian switch he pulled, I think in a way it ruins the ending, and his reason for doing so is implausible and laughable. Other than that I don't really mind most of his decisions :/

right now I'm not liking the tampering of Maul's past much we'll see if it works, and his brother, wtf?... I'm doubtful about that...

I'll respond to your post, paragraph by paragraph. I'll mark sections where I don't have a comment with three dots "..."

Well, good. The effects, story, acting, etc. were all better in the PT than the OT.

Indeed. That's why I said I thought the show was better than 75% of the EU. There's still some EU stuff out there that is really beautifully written, though.

I do like the OT, like... A LOT. I just think the PT is better.

Yeah, I talked about that. There are those out that that hate because it is popular to hate. For example: Twlight. People say they hate mostly beause it is popular to hate. Others, like myself, do not hate it but have some legit problems with it (I think the prose is atrocious and the dialogue is very clunky and annoying at times...but the stories and backgrounds are quite entertaining and I really enjoyed that aspect of the Twlight universe.) Jar-Jar is just unfortunate in that it is popular to hate even though he's not really that annoying (most of the time.) I wish people would quit with the group think and be more like you and admit that they are doing it for laughs but don't really hate. And, yeah, of the OT, Return of the Jedi is my favorite as well.

I also think that Geoge Lucas can do wrong...it's just rare that he does do wrong (I said that already. lulz). He has made mistakes with Star Wars (intentional ones, not prop placement errors, continuity errors and the such..I'm talking about conscious decisions that ended up being bad choices.) And, yes, good point on the Hayden replacement thing. I thought that was very disrespectful and he never should have done that.

Yeah, I hope that Maul's brother pans out and creates some fun.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 11:22 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote