KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Liam Neeson returns for The Clone Wars!

Liam Neeson returns for The Clone Wars!
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Me too.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 03:39 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OMG - next rip off. They're using Sauron's tower from LOTR.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2011 10:53 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

How about them just ripping off all of Episode 3?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 9th, 2011 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Whadda ya mean? Ep3 is SW at least. Then it's not called ripping off... it means copying from before.

Not a great episode. It makes the entire Jedi-Sith thing kinda small now. Palpy just a puppet from higher forces... Why Anakin, the only one who can control the Dark Force Wielder, then submits to Palpy (a mere tool of the Force Wielder) is beyond me.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2011 02:37 PM
Darth Angel

Anakin's corruption here is even more pathetic. At least in ROTS he has a potential reason to turn (preventing padme from dying), now he just says "do you promise me peace?". Like, WTF?
"Hey, Anakin, you will turn in a quite a bastard force of evil in the future"
"That's impossible, I would never do such terrible things!"
"Of course not, you just have to join me, an evil dark side user even more powerful, thus joining to the dark side and becoming the exact same thing you just saw"
"Ok, guess I will turn to dark side then"

I guess if I gave him 5 bucks he would turn as well. God, just the promise of 5 bucks would probably make him turn to the dark side. Talk about dedication...

Last edited by Darth Angel on Feb 12th, 2011 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

I don't really see how this trilogy explained what bringing balance truly means. All it did was let us know what Anakin must do in order to bring balance: To let go of his attachments and hate (which we already knew). This trilogy was more about Anakin bringing balance within himself.

We are left knowing just as much as we did before this trilogy.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

SECRETS REVEALED!!!!!1

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well, it was weird and fun. I enjoyed it.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 07:53 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I didnt watch. I'm sure it was an abomination.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 08:30 PM
ankur29
ankur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
Well, it was weird and fun. I enjoyed it.

yeah me too

i thought it was good

too bad these guys died , they should do a what if where the son faces off palpatine

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 08:38 PM
Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I don't really see how this trilogy explained what bringing balance truly means. All it did was let us know what Anakin must do in order to bring balance: To let go of his attachments and hate (which we already knew). This trilogy was more about Anakin bringing balance within himself.

No, it wasn't. It showed higher force beings exist than Jedi and Sith and that Anakin is able to control them. That's weird... why submit to a Sith Lord???? Anakin would by this trilogy be much more powerful than Palpy. And indeed very turnable.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2011 10:43 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Originally posted by queeq
Anakin would by this trilogy be much more powerful than Palpy. And indeed very turnable.

Don't forget that the planet stimulated his abilities. As Kenobi said: 'This planet is the Force!'

Old Post Feb 13th, 2011 12:38 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But Kenobi was no match for these force wielders... So Anakin is already much more powerful.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2011 02:27 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Now next week we get more ripoffs. I guess there are no original ideas left, so self-parody is the best option.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 10:15 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by queeq
No way, dude. Balance of the Force is light side only. Lucas said that many times..

Did he? We first heard the prophecy in Episode I. By the time Episode III came out, the Jedi council started to think they had misread the prophecy. Wasn't balance achieved by reducing the number of Jedi & Sith to two each, really?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 10:41 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Lucas has made his illogical theories about balance repeatedly clear.

Its just his franchise that contradicts him

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 01:02 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

What throws me off is that "The balance is light side only" is an oxymoron. Something can not be "balanced" if there is only one component to it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 03:33 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Exile

I wish I had not seen this;
http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001225.html

I love both of these characters, maybe one more than the other, but still... For once, it would have been great to have had characters not been looked down upon by the "movie purists" and have the characters that you respect and love not be trashed for simply not being in the movies. They would have been as canon as everything else you see in The Clone Wars. Ahhh, so close...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

They both suck. Thank god their trashing of Star Wars has minuscule limits.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 05:31 AM
Dark Exile

Originally posted by Ordo
They both suck. Thank god their trashing of Star Wars has minuscule limits.

Wow, you just can never be nice, can you Ordo?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote