KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » who are true star wars fans?

who are true star wars fans?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

who are true star wars fans?

I have been reading alot about the upcomming star wars saga box set and fans have been talking about the changes. Some say they are Lucus's films and he can do what he wants with them ! Some say the Unaltered trilogy and SE are the same films. why do fans hate the unalterd version and like the SE ?

The theatrical versions are the ones fans grew up with and if it was not for them there whould be no star wars. These people call them selves true fans who dont except the Theatrical versions .

I for one whould love to see the Original Version in HD but it will never happen

Old Post Jul 5th, 2011 09:21 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

True Star Wars fans are anyone who likes Star Wars in any forms.

I've never heard of someone someone liking the SE and not the original, just the other way around, but I can tell you why people'd prefer either- people like the SE because it's prettier, and a few deleted scenes. People like the unaltered because some of the deleted scenes mess with the excellent pacing, some of the alterations affect the characters a bit (Han 'criminal smuggler' Solo waiting until the guy there to kill him shoots first?), and some of the added effects are cheesy (like the circular ring of the death star boom, which doesn't make sense in any space-based explosion).

Old Post Jul 5th, 2011 11:29 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

There are fans who have taken more ownership of Star Wars than they are entitled to; they are George Lucas' films, and he can re-work them to suit his vision all he wants. But that's probably the consequence of creating a phenomenon that is no so much a film series as it is a religion - and religions harbour fanatic fundamentalists.

It starts with 'Lucas bashing' websites, and one day escalates to suicide bombers at the Blu-ray/DVD launches, yelling out "Only the OT is great! Death to the SE's and the PT's!" stick out tongue

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 5th, 2011 03:47 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

If you ever been asked "whats your favorite movie?"

and answered 'star wars', then your a true fan

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 12:10 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That's easy.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 05:00 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I spent a lot on Star Wars...the millennium Falcon and AT-AT were particularly....cost effective

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 08:51 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

This is ridiculously narrow-minded and ignorant. People who prefer the SE's aren't true Star Wars fans? That's just stupid.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 06:25 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Whats SE?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 09:24 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Special Editions.

The re-mastered ones with extra scenes and all that jazz.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 12:05 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There's gonna be jazz in the Blu Ray versions????

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 07:29 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

What i am trying to say is these people over at bluray.com take SW too far

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mo...2011-a-838.html

Some have been suspended or accounts terminated for good becouse the films are not out yet and the tread has gone over 800 pages!!

Last edited by coolmovies on Jul 8th, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 10:31 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sounds committed.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 04:07 PM
queeq
Chaos

Slow link BTW

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 04:12 PM
General G
Canadian.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 12:09 AM
queeq
Chaos

Of course it is. True fans CARE, so if they are disappointed it shows they care.

If they don't give a hoot, then you might question their fanship. But then again, it's not a club that has membership rules.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 09:47 AM
General G
Canadian.

That's obviously true. But no matter what changes Lucas makes, whether it actually enhance the movie or not, fans will hate it because he changed it.

Of course true fans care.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 05:34 AM
queeq
Chaos

I think the main reason they hate it is maybe not because Lucas changes it, but also states that that is the one he wants everyone to see. He doesn't allow access anymore to the originals.

And that I think is quite pedantic of George. Heck, I just bought Once Upon a Time in the West on BD... and it has both the theatrical as well as the restored version. While the restored version is what it was always meant to be and is a better movie.

The Apocalypse Now BD box has both versions, the Alien Anthology Box has all versions... I don't understand why George is being so weird about people seeing these 'terrible terrible unvisionary' original versions that changed movie history. Coz in the end, allwe get is his latest go at his movies, and since the PT and KOTCS we all know he's not really up to scratch.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 08:38 AM
General G
Canadian.

That's not entirely true. In my area, at least, they released the original theatric versions o DVD a couple years ago. But I do get what you're saying, it's almost like he's embarrassed of them, which makes no sense. He's always trying to make them [i]better[/], which is ludicrous because they gained their legendary status from what they were when they came out, not from what he changed them into.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 10:31 PM
queeq
Chaos

Indeed, he doesn't seem to realise that.

He released the OT on DVD in a very poor quality. Like they had some video master they dumped on DVD.
In comparison with the other DVD boxes I mentioned, there the originals are delivered in great quality. That's what makes it fun, to see what it originally looked like.

With films like the Godfather, 2001 and Apocalypse Now, in Blu-Ray you get to see these films in a quality that only the director has ever seen. Even the theatrical releases at the time had already lost quality due to copying. I'd really like to see what SW looked like as George saw it in the 70s. But with all his tampering with the colour grading he has ruined its original look and deprived us of seeing the movie that changed movie history.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 06:20 AM
General G
Canadian.

Yeah, that's the version I'm referring to that was released in my area. They did nothing to it, just released it on DVD.

Now that seems like something only imagined...the OT on Blu-Ray...I would pay much money to see the OT as, how you put it, George saw it in the 70s.

Does he not realse the money he could make off of those?

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 10:49 PM