KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Return of the Jedi - Deleted Scenes

Do you have any favorite cut scenes you would like to see back in the movie someday?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 3 50.00%
Other 0 0%
No 2 33.33%
Undecided 1 16.67%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Return of the Jedi - Deleted Scenes
Started by: jayce78

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Don't try to smooth talk all the inconsistencies... the inconsistencies are there because Lucas keeps changing his mind.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 06:59 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Hehe I never said I was doing that. I said it involved giving the words a twist. It's a game of semantics in that specific Vader - Yoda case, although we all know he meant meeting him for the first time smile

I do find the idea of Owen Lars and Kenobi being brothers plain horrible. Strictu sensu, that would have made Kenobi Luke's uncle and Vader's brother.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Don't try to smooth talk all the inconsistencies... the inconsistencies are there because Lucas keeps changing his mind.

Well, the novels were also based on scripts that didn't have elements in them in the final shooting version(s), too. As far as I'm aware - I might be wrong - the novels are considered "G canon" with the movies except where there are inaccuracies/inconsistencies.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 10:58 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Hybris
Hehe I never said I was doing that. I said it involved giving the words a twist. It's a game of semantics in that specific Vader - Yoda case, although we all know he meant meeting him for the first time smile

I do find the idea of Owen Lars and Kenobi being brothers plain horrible. Strictu sensu, that would have made Kenobi Luke's uncle and Vader's brother.

Mindf**k.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 02:34 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Hybris

Err... no. Owen Lars was Kenobi's brother... not Vader's brother. It would have made Owen NOT Luke's uncle.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 04:57 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Wow. Didn't even think that through. I'm embarassed I went along with that.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 11:10 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

Originally posted by JRD2102
I saw Jedi at the theatre. I always swore I remember a extra part to the rancor scene. When Luke and the Guard were dropped in the pit the Guard grabs the blaster and shoots the rancor to no effect. It then droppped the pistol. In all verssion I am certain just after he dropped the blaster and threw up his arms is where it picks up. Does anyone know anything about this.

I have the OT as it was originally released in theaters on laserdisc and I don't believe the scene is like that on my copy.

The Moto Dork

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 01:40 AM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by queeq
True.

The sandstorm scene and Luke hanging from the grate were also in the comic book.

And yes, everything you read in the novelisations of the films IS canon.

Still got that comic adaptation hanging around might check it out again for these deleted scenes

those two were'nt in it at all....well the one that i have anyway.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 30th, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 10:12 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

If we are talking about the Marvel Comics adaptations, the Return of the Jedi one didn't really include anything in the way of cut scenes.
The Star Wars comic had the Tosche Station/Biggs and Jabba scenes, whlie the Empire Strikes Back one contained the Wampa attack on the Rebel base and some extra moments cut from Luke's training with Yoda.

As for other Jedi deleted scenes... from the Blu-Ray teaser trailer, it looks like we are definitely going to get Luke constructing his saber, the sandstorm, the extended bunker attack, and some of the extra shots of Rebel pilots from the Death Star assault in the upcoming release.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 10:12 PM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 03:49 PM
General G
Canadian.

I'm not sure that was entirely necessary.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 11:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

J/k.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 10:42 AM
General G
Canadian.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 11:39 PM
queeq
Chaos

indeed.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 08:45 AM
General G
Canadian.

That awkward moment.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 02:17 AM
queeq
Chaos

Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 06:26 AM