KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Did Sidious mean to strike Vader with force lightning at the end of rotj?

Did Sidious mean to strike Vader with force lightning at the end of rotj?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Did Sidious mean to strike Vader with force lightning at the end of rotj?

I'm watching rotj (on blu ray) now and i've always thought this since i was a kid. Was Sidious trying to kill Vader with Force lightning for insubordination or has the force lightning just gone wild roasting the emporor, as well, hence the Sidious's yelling. And if so is he yelling because of pain of Vaders' betrayal.

And why couldn't Sidious just stop force lighting, of force jump off vader. and roast him as well as luke.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 03:43 AM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Fairly certain it was on purpose as the lightning seemed to be curving into Vader. As for why he didn't jump out it was because Vader was holding him...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 03:57 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Isn't he stronger than vader is though? He could've easlily broken that bond or that hold. And Vader wasn't really holding him. He was carrying him over his head, wasn't he?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 06:06 AM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Isn't he stronger than vader is though? He could've easlily broken that bond or that hold. And Vader wasn't really holding him. He was carrying him over his head, wasn't he?

Stronger? Hell, no. Vader is one of the physically strongest characters in the films.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 06:30 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Stronger with the Force, i meant..

Palpatine is.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 06:37 AM
ares834

Well, yeah. But you can't jump out of someone holding you. I really don't see what Sidious could have done other than shock him. I guess he could have tried to use the force to push Vader around but he didn't think off it in time, especially since he was caught by surprise.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 06:46 AM
theICONiac

Naw, the force lightening just went wild and happened to strike Vader. Palpatine was getting roasted as well hence the reason why he was screaming.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 02:44 PM
Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I always figured that when vader grabbed him the foce lighting continued and with vaders hand off palps got electrocuted too from vaders electrical system and his own lightning.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 03:26 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

Perhaps Vader was crushing Palpatines ribs as he carried him, hence the reason why Palpatine was still firing and continued to shoot force lightening even as he fell down the shaft?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 06:59 PM
Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

yea but couldn't he stop doing force lightning though? as he always has?

Can't he will force lightning to stop?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 05:10 PM
darthmaul1

As I said I look at it as an electrical discharge from vaders system

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 05:45 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Could be that Palps just electrocuted Vader for the "Noooooooooooo"..
After embarrassing the Sith like that...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Or Vader, like Padme before him, lost the will to live *barf*

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 08:36 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I think he didn't stop the force lightning because it looks cooler to have him fall with all the lightning around him. wink

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2011 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Which it does. wink

Old Post Oct 6th, 2011 04:53 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It was definitely a lot cooler than the original version where Sausages fell from the sky all around the universe the Palpatine died.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 12:04 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hmmm... I kinda liked thst sequence. I just missed the CGI added BBQ sauce.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 02:57 PM
Darth _Sadow1
Dark Lord of the Sith

Umm, how about Vader just betrayed palpatine and palpatine wanted to at least take Vader down with him? Also, the lightning was more intense once Vader picked him up.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth _Sadow1 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth _Sadow1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Guess he just went nuts.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 08:37 PM
Kickballjedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by theICONiac
Naw, the force lightening just went wild and happened to strike Vader. Palpatine was getting roasted as well hence the reason why he was screaming.

This. Palps says "..and now Young Skywalker, you will die.." and unleashes his most powerful blast. Vader grabs him right at that point, so the power is out of Palp's control.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote