KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Out of all the edits they do...

Out of all the edits they do...
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Yes, but in the PT it all looks so sterile, it doesn't look very serious.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 10:12 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

steverules_2 is online now!

Anakin wins in the limb loss department

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 12:31 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That is true... that is a rather crude scene... Shows what a mixed bag the PT is.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 02:13 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Which one? The third one I'm guessing, obi-wan did a real number on him...did he leave him to die because if he did that was a pretty dick thing to do, if he loves him he'd have done the right thing there and then and finished him off but obviously that couldn't happen

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 12:36 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It was.

The PT certainly didn't help OB1's integrity. It was already slightly damaged with that 'point of view' remark in ROTJ. But the PT certainly makes us doubt his sense of judgment.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 09:18 AM
steverules_2

I liked the part where Obi-Wan said 'You'll be the death of me.' I dunno if they added that in on purpose or if it was just a normal line for him. Pretty sure I made a thread questioning that a while a go but I couldn't find it. Still, makes me smile whenever I watch that scene.

Well originally I think Obi-Wan was gonne be revealed to be the one who killed Luke's father before it was changed or unless they just said that to keep it a secret from everyone else that Vader was in fact Luke's father. So the fact that it was gonna be Obi-Wan who had killed Luke's dad was just gonna make him look like even more of an *******, plus the fact that he had lied to Luke and said that someone else had killed him...well they really didn't make Obi-Wan a very nice jedi.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 12:50 PM
LanceWindu

They most certainly added that "death of me" line on purpose. The PT is filled with in-jokes to try and make it fit in with the OT better.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 04:01 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Try... is the word.

And OB1 never said he killed Anakin or Vader... And he didn't.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 09:08 PM
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Try... is the word.

And OB1 never said he killed Anakin or Vader... And he didn't.

No...he said Vader killed Anakin

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 10:16 PM
queeq
Chaos

Exactly. I never heard of the idea that OB1 killed Luke's father... I doubt that was ever in de stars...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 09:03 AM
steverules_2

Exactly. I never heard of the idea that OB1 killed Luke's father... I doubt that was ever in de stars...

It was...what happened was that the guy in the suit would read vader's lines and then they would dub over it with James. When the guy in the Vader suit was reading the lines to Luke he was telling Luke Obi-Wan had killed his father. When watching the scene just try to imagine that Vader is telling Luke Obi-Wan killed his dad and it would actually fit into that scene with what Luke is saying...only a few select people knew about vader being Luke's dad...I think Mark and James knew...dunno who else. I'm pretty sure the Obi-Wan killing Anakin was probably to deter people and probably wasn't ever gonna be used...but still it was there.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 09:33 AM
queeq
Chaos

Oh that... that was never a storyline, dude. That was, as you said, only a temp line to keep it a secret during the shoot that Vader was Luke's father. The only ones who knew the real lines were Lucas, Kershner and Hamill.

Especially David Prowse, who played Darth Vader, was notorious for leaking secret info.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 10:49 AM
steverules_2

Still it did make Obi-Wan look like a dick, he was the murderer of Luke's father in a fake story.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 11:04 AM
queeq
Chaos

Errr... I don't get it dude... It's just a way to make a movie: not to tell the actors the entire story.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 11:24 AM
steverules_2

Never mind...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 12:23 PM
queeq
Chaos

I won't. wink

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 06:40 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

I never actually thought about this. You think it would be an easy shot to correct if they wanted - the cantina sequence has several substitutions. Maybe as a young boy onward I just thought he was from a race that keeps on bleeding, even after a lightsaber cut.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 08:16 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The arm sealing over after being cut off was brought in during ESB I guess if you think about...when Luke got his hand cut off he wasn't bleeding. The heat of the lightsabre always seals wounds now.

I won't. wink

I can sleep tonight...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 7th, 2011 10:44 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by steverules_2
No...he said Vader killed Anakin

The truth, from a certain point of view.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 02:39 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Always.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 03:54 PM