KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!

Star Wars Blu-ray Set in the Works Official !!!
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 31 32 [33]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

I am trying to get through all the extres disk 9 is packed

Old Post Nov 18th, 2011 11:19 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Lucas is far from a brilliant filmmaker. His vision is limited to only SW and Indy. Spielberg is much better.

I wont be getting this. The originals are much better.

Lucas himself called Spielberg the better filmmaker - or perhaps he said the better director - in his biography (Spielberg is a prodigy, not unlike Mozart was as a composer.) Lucas believes his talents lie in somewhat different areas, with his skills in animation & design, film editing & plotting. I sometimes think he could be described not as a great writer or a great director, but as a great storyteller.

Putting Indy aside - if all Lucas has done in the past 35 years was work on the Star Wars universe, he'd still be the most influential person in pop culture and film all this time. Only J.K. Rowling could know how he feels. if she writes nothing else, she'll still be busy as the caretaker of the Harry Potter universe.

I actually haven't gotten the Blu-rays yet; but then I wasn't in a rush when the DVDs came out either, having dropped so much money on the Special Edition laserdiscs in 1997. I'm still busy buying my favourties from this past summer (Thor, Captain America, Super 8) plus getting seasons 1-3 of The Clone Wars. But in time I will.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 18th, 2011 06:47 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Lucas was great at the grander scope of film making. He sure had vision for Sw in the 70s, he helped Coppola on some projects in the 80s and certainly opened a new avenue of film making for Spielberg with the Indy movies (work fast on reduced budgets).

However, nowadays.. ever since the PT it feels to me he is running around in circles doing more of the same. I sure like to see one of those small independent art house movies he was always boasting about doing after SW.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 03:39 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

quote: (post)
Originally posted by theICONiac
George Lucas is, as always, going to screw up another good opportunity to give fans what they really want.

The OT is in relation to the technical superiority/action sequences of the PT. In order to rachet the story up to the level of the prequels my suggestions for additions to each of the originals are as follows:

1. In ANH have a dozen Star Destroyers chasing the Blockade Runner (which, instead of traveling in a slow, straight line is zipping all around space like a housefly on crack avoiding thousands of laser bolts)
2. Inject a sequence showing the deaths of Owen/Beru. Have Aunt Beru armed with a proton-grenade launcher blasting stormtrooper legions while Uncle Owen is armed with a ion cannon mini-gun, mowing down stormtroopers while screaming like the black guy in Predator
3. Add some humor for chrissakes! When Han steps on Jabba's tail in the docking bay Jabba lets out a thunderous fart.
4. Modify Vader's costume to make it more intimidating! Put giant silver spikes all over his shoulder pads/helmet that spit sparks of electricity like a Tesla coil.
5. Remake the appearance of the Death Star to look like Darkseid's Apokolips (firepits belching lava, etc).
6. Jar Jar was such an important character in the PT it makes no sense why he isn't present in the OT. Replace Dodonna with Jar Jar in the base at Yavin 4...replace General Rieekan with Jar Jar in Echo Base...replace Mon Mothma with Jar Jar in ROTJ.
7. More humor: after Leia kisses Luke in Echo Base to piss off Han have Chewie break the awkward silence with a fart (fart jokes are comedy gold!)
8. Arm the Sarlacc's tentacles with lightsabers
9. Every piece of machinery/equipment should be armed to the teeth...laser cannons all over the sandcrawler/Lukes landspeeder/the escape pod from the Blockade Runner/all astromech droids
10. Give the Ewoks fangs and scorpion tails with lasers on the tips
11. The death scene with Yoda is kinda a downer...lighten it up with Luke passing gas when Yoda disappears.
12. Get rid of that old-fogie classical music and give the OT a Nu-Metal soundtrack
13. And finally...Mark Hamill has no upper lip. Digitally replace him with either Shia Labeouf or Justin Bieber

Now THIS is the Original Trilogy for the 21st century! Make it happen George!

I think I was high when I wrote this.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 02:45 AM
Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Whatever it was: keep it up! wink

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 09:05 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote