KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Out of all the edits they do...

Out of all the edits they do...
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
The truth, from a certain point of view.

So...his point of view?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 12:31 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by steverules_2
So...his point of view?

The truth as Obi Wan could coach it at the time. Neither he nor Yoda believed Luke was ready for the burden at the time.

Back to the topic - with them going as far on the DVDs to photoshop imperial insignias from one side of a chest to another (to the delight of continuity crazed anal retentive types everywhere), you think this one would be obvious to change. So did they overlook it on purpose?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 04:47 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yeah probably, but even before the PT lightsabres sealed wounds so I don't get why they keep the blood in there

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 06:17 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I dunno... but I don't like them tampering with the OT too much. Less is more.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 06:41 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Because Lucas likes to whore out the Star wars OT, and he keeps adding on more and more make up to make his b*tch look good for all the CGI infested crap we're getting spewed onto our screens. Kids these days love CGI, I myself prefer stop motion and such because a lot more effort went in to that than someone moving a mouse and typing some codes.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 08:42 PM
queeq
Chaos

I don't care about the nature of the effects. They have to look credible but mostly they should be in service of the story. Not BE the story themselves. For a lot of kids the effects themselves suffice obviously...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 08:29 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by steverules_2
Because Lucas likes to whore out the Star wars OT, and he keeps adding on more and more make up to make his b*tch look good for all the CGI infested crap we're getting spewed onto our screens. Kids these days love CGI, I myself prefer stop motion and such because a lot more effort went in to that than someone moving a mouse and typing some codes.

Yeah well, technology only movies forward, not back. I know It was fun for me as a child to pretend stop motion looked 'almost real', but that was then. Once upon a time, Lucas did a great leap forward with VFX to make Star Wars; how can we tell him he should stop now.

Whenever I hear the hate for CGI argument, I don't buy it. So many classic films from the past twenty years wouldn't have been made without it - or wouldn't be near as convincing without it. Yet Lucas is the only one I constanly see get singled out for criticism. It's not about the technology, it's how it's used. Like any part of filmmaking. There was once an argument about how the stedicam made filmmakers lazy as well, which I tended to agree with ( making too many films and TV shows look the same.)

My 11 year old nephew is a huge Star Wars fan now, and is devouring all The Clone Wars episodes. He's part of the future fan base, and couldn't care less what some of the old guard fans constantly complain about.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 05:39 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I have nothing against CGI, I love it when used well (Gladiator, Avatar, Lord of the Rings). But Lucas did not use it all that well, where the CGI draws the attention to itself for a) being not entirely convincing or b) rather silly (like standing and jumping on the floating robots on Mustafar)....

It has nothing to do with the nature of CGI, but with the way directors use it. It seems to be used to make everything possible.... just BECAUSE it is possible.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 07:12 AM
steverules_2

I still think Jabba looks so....awful in ANH, I got the blu rays and whilst I love seeing it in HD and all I still think some of it just doesnt fit in

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 08:28 AM
queeq
Chaos

It doesn't... somehow they just didn't get that right. Beats me why though... doesn't look too hard.

At least it's better than the horrible horrible first one.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 03:40 PM
LanceWindu

I don't see why that scene is even in there to begin with. This is all information that we already heard from Greedo.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 06:10 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I don't see why that scene is even in there to begin with. This is all information that we already heard from Greedo.

Because Lucas was ticked he couldn't get a working Jabba in the scene shot in 1976; likely not even enough time & money to make the Jabba puppet made for ROTJ, so he had to shelve it. As someone who got the Marvel Comics adaptation and the novel tie-in at the time, the scene was in there, though (but only the novelization describes Jabba accurately; in the comics, which was based on designs & scenes not fully completed prior to the film's release, he is a blue humanoid with a face like a camel.)

The scene does have value as well. We see Jabba is still a being who can negotiate and have a reasonable side at the time, and we see the pressure Han is under to complete this deal and pay off Jabba before he changes his mind, making his decision to stay with the Rebellion have greater impact. Also, the chance to insert Boba Fett in the background for the sharp eyed, tying in continuity with AOTC through to TESB.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 06:52 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by roughrider
As someone who got the Marvel Comics adaptation and the novel tie-in at the time, the scene was in there, though (but only the novelization describes Jabba accurately; in the comics, which was based on designs & scenes not fully completed prior to the film's release, he is a blue humanoid with a face like a camel.)

After stretching my memory, I remember the comics Jabba was green, not blue.
(Doing it before someone comes in and corrects me...)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 08:59 PM
S_D_J
Bane

I'm with Roughrider on why the scene is necessary, but not on the AOTC thing, more like ANH - ESB.

The biggest problem with the scene is when Han walks behind Jabba, that kills the entire thing

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 03:12 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Vile gangster that wants me dead? Better step on his tail in a comical fashion!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 05:12 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But the scene is not needed... we don't NEED to see anyone before they have their scene. Boba became a legend long before he was introduced in the SE. All this bloody tying in that supposedly NEEDS to be done. It's exactly what ruined the PT: the forced ways to tie it all in with the ANH... As if it's not one story... tsss..

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 06:52 PM
darthmaul1

Here's a question, was Boba there in 1977 or was he inserted for the special edition?

Also it would of been better if they just had Jabba as a hologram projection then he could of walked around him

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 07:38 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Here's a question, was Boba there in 1977 or was he inserted for the special edition?

Also it would of been better if they just had Jabba as a hologram projection then he could of walked around him

no expression

He was inserted in 1977. The Boba Fett character originated in The Star Wars Holiday Special. Before that, there was no such thing as Boba Fett.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 08:13 PM
queeq
Chaos

So he was NOT inserted in 1977... He was a cartoon character in the HS, sort of a study of a character they intended to use in ESB.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 09:20 AM
steverules_2

Guess he got popular, gotta say I'm a fan of the guy

Apart from in AOTC, I wanted to punch him..he was SO annoying

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 09:30 AM