KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan's place among the Elite Force Users

Revan's place among the Elite Force Users
Started by: Kotor3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Smack Talk: Losing does seem to come naturally to you. I'm not surprised its easy.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 24th, 2011 at 01:15 AM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Coming from someone who has never beaten me, nor anybody else on this forum, I find your epiphany "disturbing". smile

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Confident Boast: *****, the skulls of my slain pierce the heavens. I've whooped your ass in this thread. You've so far failed to come up with a shred of proof.

Condescension: Maybe you should go ask LeGenD for some tips. So far he's given me more pause than you have.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image) Smug Statement: Concession accepted.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 01:26 AM
Lightsnake

Nihilus was not taught how to drain from the Force. The KOTOR campaign guide points out that after he and other survivors were left on Malachor V, Nihilus (just 'the man' then) devoured the others to appease his hunger. Traya found him later.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Nihilus was not taught how to drain from the Force. The KOTOR campaign guide points out that after he and other survivors were left on Malachor V, Nihilus (just 'the man' then) devoured the others to appease his hunger. Traya found him later.

Please post the exact quote because all other sources point to the sith assassins learning this from Revan, as well as Traya teaching them and Nihilus. The rest of the points still stand as far as Revan's underground tutelage.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 01:56 AM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

While Nihilus may not have been taught the technique initially, he was trained in its use by Kreia.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 01:59 AM
Click here to Send RevanSpoilers a Private Message Find more posts by RevanSpoilers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh my. The world just ended. Gideon sorta.. Agreed?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:00 AM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

DS
Oh my. The world just ended. Gideon sorta.. Agreed?

First, it was I who allowed the alliance to know the location of the shield generatorwho brought that quote from the campaign guide to this message board's attention.

Second, you used to agree with me all the time.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:02 AM
Click here to Send RevanSpoilers a Private Message Find more posts by RevanSpoilers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only in regards to your "special" sexual orientation.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:03 AM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

DS
Only in regards to your "special" sexual orientation.

And on Palpatine's supremacy and the quality of arguments brought forth by the Antediluvians.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:04 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea, that much hasn't changed.. At least about the old arguments.

Lightsnake

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Please post the exact quote because all other sources point to the sith assassins learning this from Revan, as well as Traya teaching them and Nihilus. The rest of the points still stand as far as Revan's underground tutelage.

"An emptiness swept over the man's idle body and it soon began to "hunger" intensely. Without intent, he drained the life-force of another survivor. The act was an unpleasant experience for him, but for a brief moment the hunger ceased. The emptiness, however, came back more relentless and intense than before. He indulged in absorbing the energy of other survivors, but the more he fed, the shorter the hunger was appeased and the more relentless it became"

This is before the war's end with Malak's death. However, the implication is very strong that Traya helped him refine it.

I'm unsure of where Revan's been implied to know the technique, but I wouldn't really be surprised if he did. The Thought Bomb, after all, takes a lot of notes from Force Drain, and Bane uses the technique in Dynasty of Evil (he could, granted, has learned it from Nadd's holocron, Nadd being a confirmed user of the skill)

Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then we're all in agreement. Tally ho.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:06 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes. It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."
―Kreia

I never said that you could not develop the ability, only that it cannot be gained through study.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:06 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
"It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes. It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."
―Kreia

I never said that you could not develop the ability, only that it cannot be gained through study.

Yet Kreia also says it is a technique known to the ancient sith, so obviously you CAN gain it through study.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:07 AM
Lightsnake

That much I'm unsure on...Bane uses it in book 3 of his trilogy.

Granted, he did withstand the Thought Bomb.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:07 AM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

DS
Yea, that much hasn't changed.. At least about the old arguments.

I thought you didn't believe in Palpatine's supremacy? I mean Vitiate is ancient and he didn't use a lightsaber and that's pretty cool.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:08 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Yet Kreia also says it is a technique known to the ancient sith, so obviously you CAN gain it through study.

What? erm

The quote only says that the technique is as old as the Sith, not that they taught each other it. Stop reaching.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 02:09 AM