KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars Television Show- Official Thread

Star Wars Television Show- Official Thread
Started by: ~JP~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 50 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Im liking them exploring Anakin's dark side in this latest arc. And also the mention of how selfless he is.. Not really seen any mention (or even hint) of that since Episode 1! He was just too whiny after TPM to think anything good of him. Not to mention the emotional tantrums.

Anyway hope they go somewhere interesting with this.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2011 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It was allright. But in the end characters like Anakin and OB1 have no real arc... we all know how it ends... and it ends in ROTS.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 02:49 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, which is why the majority of us hoped this series would steer away from the central protagonists that we are already familiar with. The episodes where we drop Skywalker and Kenobi and pick up with something new are more enjoyable.

And in any case, this latest arc with the slaves is a re-hashing of one of the Clone Wars comics released in 2010 as a companion to Season 2 or 3. Same exact plot with minor alterations.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 03:37 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

If they ever get to the live action series, they say it will be focused on new characters and not one of the movie characters.

I really hope to get a new perspective of the Star Wars galaxy. See it from someone else's eyes.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 03:59 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

They said the Clone Wars would also focus on other characters than the usual suspects, that the 'Skywalker story' was done. They lied... or changed their minds.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 07:22 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mig17

They are multiple new or more exposed caracteres in the show. Begining by Ahsoka and then Rex, Satine, Lux Bonteri, Ventress, Grievous, bounty hunters (Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Boba, ...), Tarkin, clones (five, wolf, 99, ...), jedi (Bariss Offee, Krell, Plo Koon, Sinube, ...), Sith (Dooko, Savage or even Maul), the force wielders.
Most of them are (or were) great and I like to see them, especially the one who's fate isn't already written. But even with all that, it would be a deception not seeing Anakin some times.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 08:14 PM
Click here to Send mig17 a Private Message Find more posts by mig17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But we see him and OB1 and Padme ALL the time. The number of episodes that focus on them by far outnumber the ones without them. And often, the ones without them are better.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 09:36 AM
mig17

The only thing I liked about Badme was Natalie Portman. On the other hand, Obi-Wan Kenobi is in the films (with Ewan McGregor) my favorite character so I am not so bothered to see him.
And for Anakin, it is difficult to show other characters without him around. He is linked to almost every one I quoted in my first post.
Ahsoka Master, Rex Co, OB1 former apprentice, the center of the Sith plot, the choosen one for the Jedi and the force wielders,...

So if you don't want to see Anakin, "the clone wars" show would be more "the bounty hunters" show because they are the only one without real connection to him.
The other solution is what they did sometime, separate other characters from him, like when Rex was shot or Ahsoka kidnaped by hunters.

And sometimes, it is better to see an Anakin than an R2/C3 episode.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 01:05 PM
Click here to Send mig17 a Private Message Find more posts by mig17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, the Anakin ones are never really exciting, because we always know how it will end. He will live for sure.

Some episodes are focused on a squad, or other Jedi Masters. It's not that far fetched to tell the story from a squad. It just requires more inventiveness and creative storytelling to keep it going. But I am sure there is more dynamic to be created that the usual Ob1/Anakin/Padme arrives on planet that has not taken sides, stuff happens, they win (o sometimes lose but will return safely). Coz after all, that's the usual mould, the only thing that changes is the planet and its inhabitants.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 03:11 PM
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mig17
They are multiple new or more exposed caracteres in the show. Begining by Ahsoka and then Rex, Satine, Lux Bonteri, Ventress, Grievous, bounty hunters (Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Boba, ...), Tarkin, clones (five, wolf, 99, ...), jedi (Bariss Offee, Krell, Plo Koon, Sinube, ...), Sith (Dooko, Savage or even Maul), the force wielders.
Most of them are (or were) great and I like to see them, especially the one who's fate isn't already written. But even with all that, it would be a deception not seeing Anakin some times.

Yes but they could of easily kept anakin in the background instead of giving him central plot lines

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 03:41 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

indeed.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 05:51 PM
ares834

Well after that sub-par Slave arc this was a ton of brainless fun. I loved it!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 08:16 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Indeed! The trailer for the next episode looks promising aswell:

http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep415/

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Did it start again?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2012 03:46 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Yeah, we've already had 2 episodes in 2012...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2012 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I'm trying to like The Clone Wars, but I just can't.

I've given up on it. Tell me how the episodes with Darth Maul are and I might watch them, whenever they feel like getting back to that storyline.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 03:23 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Slave arc was alright. I would have liked to have seen more from the Dooku vs. Anakin encounter. But overall they tweaked the plot from a comic book so there were no fun surprises.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 04:50 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by REXXXX
The Slave arc was alright. I would have liked to have seen more from the Dooku vs. Anakin encounter. But overall they tweaked the plot from a comic book so there were no fun surprises.

Haven't read that comic so I enjoyed the arc. But was a bit disappointed they didn't explore Anakin's road to the dark side more, as it seemed like it was going.

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I'm trying to like The Clone Wars, but I just can't.

I've given up on it. Tell me how the episodes with Darth Maul are and I might watch them, whenever they feel like getting back to that storyline.

Will be last 2 episodes of the season. Probably March/April.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 05:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mig17

I found the slave arc good even if I had also read the comic. And the last episode "A friend in need" was great. Ahsoka has realy changed recentrly and since we don't know exactly her fate, it is more and more interesting. Oh, and R2,a hero, like always.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 05:46 PM
queeq
Chaos

I'll have a looksie.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 06:55 PM