KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » who are true star wars fans?

who are true star wars fans?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

I think his 'vision' stands in the way of that. I don't think money is his main motive anymore... he has enough of that.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 07:15 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I'm not sure about that, anymore. I swear Bill Gates had enough money years ago, yet he still charges for every possible thing he can. One can never have enough money.

Damn George's vision.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 02:59 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I myself can admit to being a huge Star Wars fan, but I have seen people whose love of anything Star Wars make my feelings toward the films and other propaganda pale by a large margin.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2011 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Please explain.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2011 07:24 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlie512

Personally, I think the 1997 VHS Remastered Edition of the Original Trilogy is the best one. It features a different celebration song than the original version at the end of Rotj which imo is much better.

After that it the changes start sucking. The DVD versions had Hayden Christensen as FG Anakin which was stupid. And the extra CGI made it look weird.

Last edited by Charlie512 on Jan 13th, 2012 at 03:28 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Charlie512 a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie512 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree. That 1997 edition was totally remastered (audio and video) and looked great. I would like that one on Blu ray please.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2012 03:48 PM
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
I agree. That 1997 edition was totally remastered (audio and video) and looked great. I would like that one on Blu ray please.

with the technology of bluray, Lucas should finish some of the other deleted scenes from the bluray (like maul and quigon on the ship ramp on tatooine and the extended light saber battle at the end. and put the original han shoots first in a deleted scene.)
Then allow the viewer to select scenes within the movie and the deleted ones to put in and take out by using a book mark type feature.

some scenes to add or delete

ep1
add maul and quigon on the ship ramp on tatooine and the extended light saber battle at the end

ep2
add anakin & padme on naboo with her family.

ep3
add a rebellion formation, and yoda landing on dagobha.

ep4
delete han not shooting first.
delete jabba at the falcon unless they can make a hologram of him.

ep5
delete vader getting on his shuttle.
and add the original voice of Boba

ep6
add luke assembling his light saber.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 05:13 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No need to add these scenes. Adding deleted scenes doesn't make the movie better. You can see what they were like as it is.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 06:56 PM
darthmaul1

No need to add these scenes. Adding deleted scenes doesn't make the movie better. You can see what they were like as it is.

true, but with the bluray technology you could make it so you can add deleted scenes or take out others or replace some.
That's all i was trying to go for there.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 07:26 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't see the point.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 08:12 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Aliens Special Edition

Alien3 Director's cut

Blade Runner

Salem's Lot full length

Close Encounters of a Third Kind Special Edition and Director's cut

ET

Apocalypse now Redux (except that plantation scene)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well good list. Now for the nuance:

Aliens SE - not necessarily better but certainly a lot of exciting extra stuff that was in the same the pace of the film. Not sure if it's really better or at the same level.

Alien 3 - DC: the theatrical was ravaged by the studios leaving a horrible empty shell of a film. The DC is the one Fincher was making.

BR - hardly any additional scenes in de FC. The only real addition was the unicorn - one shot. And again, the voice overs were done by the studios and very poorly as well. BR got better by REMOVING stuff. (like Alien the Director's Cut - is actually SHORTER than the theatrical)

CE3K - again: did it really get better? More extra stuff, altough in the DC they removed the interior of the space ship from the SE again

ET - the extra scene of ET in the bath didn't add much

Apocalypse Now - I still prefer the theatrical. Snappier, better pacing. Especially the plantation scene slows things down immensely.

Another good example of bringing back certain scenes (or basically an entire storyline) - Kingdom of Heaven - Extended Edition.

On the other hand: Gladiator Extended Edition is DEFINITELY not as good as the theatrical: too slow, too many unnecessary scenes although they are fascinating on its own.

So I say it again: inserting deleted scenes doesn't make the movie better... per se. In the case of SW I don't see the added value.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 08:11 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well observed nuances.

I think it was better with Aliens special edition... the visit to the derelict, the backstory concerning Amada Ripley, further explaining Ripley's relationship with Newt..

A3: Yes indeed. and I definitely lobed the Fincher cut.

BR: The unicorn changed the interpretation of the ending for some. Pretty significant.

CE3K: Yeah I think it was more of a payoff for Roy after all he sacrificed (You get to understand that sacrifice better witht he post theatrical reisertion of some of the family breakdown scenes, like when the wife leaves him etc etc

ET: Im sure there were a couple of other additions too. Hell I may be wrong. Yeah the bath thing wasnt all that. But it didn't hurt the movie either.

AN: Yeah that plantation scene hurt it....if that was excluded I'd say it benefitted from the extendiness in general though.

LOTR special editions were superior too....you didnt even see what happened to Sauruman in the theatrical version of Return of the King...

I've not seen KOH, hence its non-prescence on the list.
Sad to hear of Gladiator, as I thought that ruled, and hoped that an extended would also be cool.

Star Wars scene reinsertion is tricky though.
The horror of the Jabba scene in ANH, with all that Greedo repeating dialogue (even with the better looking redo of Jabba in 2004/5) is inescapable.

Yet the Biggs death scene was greatly enhanced thanks to the reinsertion of the pre-deathstar-assault takeoff scene.

I'd like to have seen the "Luke building sabre and looks out to the X-Wing and Falcon parked" "return to the falcon and x wing in the desert" scenes put into Jedi.
I guess it must depend greatly on the content of the scene

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 18th, 2012 at 09:55 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 09:46 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But my point is: these scenes add very little. KOH and Alien3 are good examples where so much stuff is taken out that make the difference between good and so-so.

And don't be sorry about the Gladiator EE. Scott always said the theatrical was the DIRECTOR'S CUT. The best one. The EE just shows how it would have been with all the other scenes reinserted... it just shows Scott made the best version for the theater. Old school.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 12:51 PM
darthmaul1

Well good list. Now for the nuance:

Aliens SE - not necessarily better but certainly a lot of exciting extra stuff that was in the same the pace of the film. Not sure if it's really better or at the same level.

Alien 3 - DC: the theatrical was ravaged by the studios leaving a horrible empty shell of a film. The DC is the one Fincher was making.

BR - hardly any additional scenes in de FC. The only real addition was the unicorn - one shot. And again, the voice overs were done by the studios and very poorly as well. BR got better by REMOVING stuff. (like Alien the Director's Cut - is actually SHORTER than the theatrical)

CE3K - again: did it really get better? More extra stuff, altough in the DC they removed the interior of the space ship from the SE again

ET - the extra scene of ET in the bath didn't add much

Apocalypse Now - I still prefer the theatrical. Snappier, better pacing. Especially the plantation scene slows things down immensely.

Another good example of bringing back certain scenes (or basically an entire storyline) - Kingdom of Heaven - Extended Edition.

On the other hand: Gladiator Extended Edition is DEFINITELY not as good as the theatrical: too slow, too many unnecessary scenes although they are fascinating on its own.

So I say it again: inserting deleted scenes doesn't make the movie better... per se. In the case of SW I don't see the added value.

but you would also have the option to take out certain scenes completley or replace them with something else.

Aliens SE made an already great movie even greater. the century guns added much more suspense and the addition of the colonists and ripleys connection with newt.
another example would be star trek 2 with Scotty talking about his nephew to kirk in the theatrical version it wasn't there, and you end up questioning why is scotty upset when he dies.
i'll even give a not so good movie reference, in AVP requium the beginning of the theatrical version it makes no sense and in the dvd release it does.

with star wars and the fans having different opinions of what they like and don't like why not give people the option to NOT incorporate the jabba scene in EP4 or to not have Hayden at the end of EP6 or have a shorter pod race or be able to select to have bobas original voice or the new one. the list goes on.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 07:22 PM
queeq
Chaos

Giving such options is a bit silly... Buy the DVD and Blu Ray, rip it and cut it yourself...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 09:37 PM
darthmaul1

Giving such options is a bit silly... Buy the DVD and Blu Ray, rip it and cut it yourself...

That is illegal! smile lol

that is an idea too.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 10:18 PM
queeq
Chaos

For home use only of course.. then it's perfectly legal.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2012 09:38 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Please explain.

Collecting everything Star Wars

Toys, games, books, comics etc

i think i'm the same as Stoic when it comes to Star Wars.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 08:50 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You are forgiven. Shows you have a real life as well..

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 10:01 AM