KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » It's time to remake the originals

It's time to remake the originals
Started by: realmanager

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

ok i regret comment on PT to be remade....ill be good but just becuase someone cant understand something the OT has to be remade.....and if it does get remade guess who is really interested in the role of luke skywalker? zac efron he would be a good choice. he dont want to do anymore of the sissy films. he wants to do a big ol' huge massive(insert more words for big) epic war films and stuff. and hes a star wars fan

Old Post Dec 14th, 2010 12:32 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kague

Lucas should just leave the star wars movie scene be and stick with sayin yes to the books because the book series is still goin strong with a fitting continous story and prequal story and the run offs that have little if anything to do with the original characters. But if another star wars were to be made it should have to do with the new jedi order vong series continuing into the legacy of the force cause those to are real compelling story lines and all of the actors are old enough now to fit the time distance and i mean how awesome would it be to see Harrison Ford at war within his own family casue his oldest son goes sith!! come on!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Kague a Private Message Find more posts by Kague Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

i think hes old enough to play obi wan in a remake

Old Post Dec 30th, 2010 09:36 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

not han solo hes too old

Old Post Dec 30th, 2010 09:37 PM
queeq
Chaos

No more SW movies please. They're killing it as it is.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 05:47 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlie512

I would like a movie of The Force Unleashed. I would be cool to see Galen Marek on live-action film. They would also presumably fix his power level so we could finally get some perspective when arguing on versus forums.

I also think they should remake the PT. Make them great films this time.
As for the OT. I think they are great just the way they are and should not be changed. But there are parts that could be improved/changed. Like the Darth Vader vs Ben Kenobi fight from ANH. And the Ewoks owning the Stormtroopers part in Rotj.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2012 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Charlie512 a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie512 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Blah.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2012 08:08 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Im warming to the 'No' or 'fewer' Ewok pwnings...

They were there as distractionary fodder. Not as an all conquering force.

Ewoks pwning Stormtroopers and AT-STs was like it would have been if Luke, a "Jedi" after training for 3 and a bit years without all the benefits of the old ways/temple and having to have a dead spirit teach him in very vague and allusive ways most of the time go in and defeat the Emperor, instead of Luke being the vital distraction to the Emperor that he was, allowing Vader to do the deed after a brief but still too prolonged and embarrassing "nooooooooooooooooooooo".

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 12th, 2012 01:32 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No nooooo's please.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2012 04:16 PM
Charlie512

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Im warming to the 'No' or 'fewer' Ewok pwnings...

They were there as distractionary fodder. Not as an all conquering force.

Ewoks pwning Stormtroopers and AT-STs was like it would have been if Luke, a "Jedi" after training for 3 and a bit years without all the benefits of the old ways/temple and having to have a dead spirit teach him in very vague and allusive ways most of the time go in and defeat the Emperor, instead of Luke being the vital distraction to the Emperor that he was, allowing Vader to do the deed after a brief but still too prolonged and embarrassing "nooooooooooooooooooooo".

I thought it was too much of a distraction at the wrong time. I'm trying to get into the Luke/Vader fight but then have to roll my eyes when it cuts to the Ewok scenes . It's like what for the Phantom Menace too. As pointed out in Plinkett's review, the editor criticizes the editing, in that it cuts from Qui-gon's death and the seriousness of the duel to stupid antics by Jar Jar. It take you out of the scene and it was bad at the end of Rotj for me.

@ queeq
What's wrong with a TFU movie?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 03:12 AM
Click here to Send Charlie512 a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie512 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sw is a the Skywalker story... So far the milking of SW is spiraling it into mediocracy. And that hurts. I don't see how a TFU movie could turn that around. And the story is rather shallow as it is, which is fine for a game. But for a movie.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2012 03:50 PM
LanceWindu

TFU would be terrible to turn into a film. Especially considering how his Force abilities are way too exaggerated for even a powerful Jedi/Sith. There's a common misconception that Star Wars needs to be all flash and action and power. Story needs to come first, and the story in TFU was mediocre and raped the origins of the Rebellion.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 03:26 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What Lance said.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 06:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah Im with you guys on this largely...especially on TFU story/capability.

Although a SW non Skywalker based movie could be awesome.
A Boba Fett series or movie could be classic, for example.

Having said that, The Ewok movies were shit.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And they were such great characters.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 08:02 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 09:56 AM
queeq
Chaos

Some would say that is not a laughing matter. wink

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 12:51 PM
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Although a SW non Skywalker based movie could be awesome.
A Boba Fett series or movie could be classic, for example.

A Han Solo backstory? After all there was a book trilogy wrote. I remember reading one of them a long time ago.

Dash Rendar and Shadows of the Empire? Would be difficult because some of the main characters from the OT are involved but I remember it being a good story with Prince Xizor and his snaky connections to the Empire. The N64 game was somewhat disppointing, apart from the flying levels.

The problem with a Boba Fett story is that I would not be able to sit through that horrible 'new' voice they forced on him, turning him from awesome and dangerous to wimpy and ineffective.

Personally I wouldn't mind a backstory of that poor guard in Jabba's Palace, that chronicles all that time and effort he put into raising that cute and adorable Rancor until that horrible, nasty Jedi killed it.

I'm all choked up now. Make it Lucas, make it!!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z

The problem with a Boba Fett story is that I would not be able to sit through that horrible 'new' voice they forced on him, turning him from awesome and dangerous to wimpy and ineffective.

Personally I wouldn't mind a backstory of that poor guard in Jabba's Palace, that chronicles all that time and effort he put into raising that cute and adorable Rancor until that horrible, nasty Jedi killed it.

I'm all choked up now. Make it Lucas, make it!!

that is one of the things i don't understand why LUcas changed his voice in the rereleases. the way it was done originally worked fine. Maybe! if they could of got the new actor to say the lines the same way then it may of been ok.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 07:25 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by darthmaul1
that is one of the things i don't understand why LUcas changed his voice in the rereleases. the way it was done originally worked fine. Maybe! if they could of got the new actor to say the lines the same way then it may of been ok.

Well he kind of did it to tie in with the PT Boba Fett and it has never sat right with me. I have to watch the 'old' Boba on youtube because I don't own a SW box set after the VHS tapes were discarded. It's a shame really but made sense only to Lucas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a897FGgDJy8

Like nails scraping down your soul, that's how awesome it was and coupled with his appearance was the basis of his legend - even if he didn't do much!. I couldn't watch a film with the new voice actor, no way.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote