KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » New on the Live-Action Star Wars Show

New on the Live-Action Star Wars Show
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Lucas learned long ago he can re-sell the same movie over and over and over just by adding some small changes.

Dude's a marketing genius, or as noted, people are morons.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 9th, 2011 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well yeah... then again. We'd buy the box with unaltered editions. So why spend money to make silly changes?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2011 04:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Rick McCallum discuss's the show and reveals the working title...."STAR WARS: UNDERWORLD"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=52506

Old Post Jan 10th, 2012 06:14 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Blahdeeblah

Old Post Jan 10th, 2012 08:08 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Lucas Says hes done with movie because hes sick of everyone hating his work.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/m...tails.html?_r=1

Maybe if he stopped outright bashing his fans and made quality films, people would like his work.

By the way thats an atrocious title. I hate vamprie stuff. Even calling it makes me innately dislike where this is going.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Last edited by Ordo on Jan 19th, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Lay off the guy. The prequels wernt that bad at all..

Critics have always hated Lucas, and even gave the Original Star Wars the worst reviews.

Fans of the OT need to chill out, and realise the PT is for a different generation. Yes not as epic as the OT was back in the day, but seriously how many prequels/sequels match the Original. Its rare.

The fact is the Prequels were still huge hits, and have their own large fan base.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 03:26 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The guy gets huge applauses when he appears on Comic-Con or similar events... I don't think he should be complaining.
If he released the OOT on Blu Ray we would all love him forever. It's a fairly simple and profitable gesture, I'd say. Not asking that much.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 09:28 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Lay off the guy. The prequels wernt that bad at all..

Critics have always hated Lucas, and even gave the Original Star Wars the worst reviews.

Fans of the OT need to chill out, and realise the PT is for a different generation. Yes not as epic as the OT was back in the day, but seriously how many prequels/sequels match the Original. Its rare.

The fact is the Prequels were still huge hits, and have their own large fan base.

You have no idea what you're talking about and I can just assume you're a Lucas sycophant.

I actually like the PT, and generally like it better than the OT. And Star Wars was nominated for Best Picture. It didn't get poor reviews, it got practically flawless reviews.

Originally posted by queeq
The guy gets huge applauses when he appears on Comic-Con or similar events... I don't think he should be complaining.
If he released the OOT on Blu Ray we would all love him forever. It's a fairly simple and profitable gesture, I'd say. Not asking that much.

Its not the move "he wanted" but made...

Its simply hypocritical to say you outright do not care what your fanbase thinks and then whine when they dont like what you made.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 03:56 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Exactly... if you don't care... don't care. If you do, give us all versions on Blu Ray.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 07:53 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ordo
You have no idea what you're talking about and I can just assume you're a Lucas sycophant.

Its called having an opinion. There's no right or wrong here. Im just saying people should enjoy the work of his they like, and ignore/dnt watch what they do not.

I really dnt see the point in constantly attacking the guy who made what's possibly the most epic movie in the history of cinema, just because he could not repeat this process another 5 times.

But considering you're already attacking me I can just assume its in your nature to do so.

Originally posted by Ordo
I actually like the PT, and generally like it better than the OT. And Star Wars was nominated for Best Picture. It didn't get poor reviews, it got practically flawless reviews.

After Star Wars became such a huge worldwide, cinema changing blockbuster, then the critics layed off.

But it was getting absolutely terrible reviews at first. Oh and nominated for Best Picture, but did not get it right? Exactly why not? What movie in that whole decade was more deserving of best picture? There has been a lot of hate towards Lucas from Film makers and critics from day 1.

The only difference now is, with the Prequels fans of the OT have joined in the Lucas bashing as well.

As for the Original Trilogy, criticisms claiming ROTJ is a terrible movie still go on.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 11:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Bashing bashing.... Big words. we buy all that stuff, we can have an opinion about it. We can say we would like to see the OT in its original form as best as we can. Like I have Wizard of Oz on blu ray, without CGI enhancements. SW rates as high on great fantasy movies as this one, and equally historic.

Lucas keeps changing it, saying that was his original vision. History and authorised books like The Making of SW and ESB prove him wrong. And his additions or changes or often silly. we can say that. we can say the PT is not up to par with the originals or with contemporary movies in its genre. We can say that, plus we can say that because Lucas always said he didn't care about our opinions,,.. And now he does????? WTF!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 01:05 PM
Darth Thor

we buy all that stuff, we can have an opinion about it. We can say we would like to see the OT in its original form as best as we can.

Of course. Fans of the OT have every right to ask/demand for the Original version they loved.

Like I have Wizard of Oz on blu ray, without CGI enhancements. SW rates as high on great fantasy movies as this one, and equally historic.

He probably will at some point. Like the DVD's all have the Original versions on them.

Lucas keeps changing it, saying that was his original vision. History and authorised books like The Making of SW and ESB prove him wrong.
And his additions or changes or often silly. we can say that.

Lol I doubt he remembers what his original version was, and I doubt he has the same imagination he had all those years ago. But on the other hand as long as fans still have the Original version, surely you should respect his right to tinker with his own films.

we can say the PT is not up to par with the originals

Yes you can, but all Im saying is be fair to the franchise. How often do you get 5 sequel/prequels on par with the Original? With the possible exception of Harry Potter(debatable) I cant really think of any.

And plus like them or not we cant really deny they were very profitable/successful movies with their own new generation of fans.

or with contemporary movies in its genre.

Well again to be fair the prequels faced a lot more competition in terms of Fantasy movie franchises. There were several new blockbuster fantasy franchises (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean)..

My point is I really dnt see it as anything to moan about. Its not like he made 3 Prequels which were complete rubbish, complete flops, and just could not compete with other the movies of its generation.

We can say that, plus we can say that because Lucas always said he didn't care about our opinions,,.. And now he does????? WTF!

True. But I can see him eventually getting fed up of all the bashing. It was one thing in the days it was mainly critics, but now its fans as well.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 03:24 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, go and make you small, independent films then.... I certainly would like to see them.

AND SW PT certainly didn't make such a historic breakthourgh as for instance LOTR or Avatar did It's not like it's impossible. Either make it great or leave SW be, that's what I think.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 08:51 PM
darthmaul1

Well, go and make you small, independent films then.... I certainly would like to see them.

AND SW PT certainly didn't make such a historic breakthourgh as for instance LOTR or Avatar did It's not like it's impossible. Either make it great or leave SW be, that's what I think.

Episode 1 was the first movie to have a more beilivable CGI character.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 10:58 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Actually yeah the whole digital characters began with TPM. I remember Peter Jackson saying LOTR would not even have been possible if not for the technology introduced by the SW Prequels.

Avatar took it to a new level, but still it all began 10+years earlier with TPM. I think people miss what a huge breakthrough that movie was in special effects.

Im actually not a big fan of the LOTR movies at all. Id rather watch the SW Prequels any day. I think LOTR was much bigger though because it was something new, and plus based on classic novels.

I do understand where you're coming from. The days of Star Wars being known as Movies that changed cinema and that everyone loves have gone. Its more of a cult thing now like Star Trek or X-Files.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 21st, 2012 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2012 06:49 PM
queeq
Chaos

It's slightly warped.

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Episode 1 was the first movie to have a more beilivable CGI character.

True... and what a 'great' character that was. At least Gollem was an interesting character, not one with the depth of a cartoon character. So JarJar symbolises the PT's problems very well: technically it's great, but it lacks substance and depth.

Last edited by queeq on Jan 23rd, 2012 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2012 09:32 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"You say black I say white
You say bark I say bite
You say shark I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars" Queen, Bicycle race

Well there were occasional bad reviews... but such putzes were soon called out.

Here is Siskel And Ebert battling once such critic.

I wonder what this guy would have thought of the Prequels, if that is what he thought of the OT.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2012 05:32 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He's prolly elevate the OT to Laurence Olivier status compared to the PT.

But I thinkJohn Simon doesn't laugh much, I think he'd consider The Seventh Seal as his favourite light comedy.

How would he review Transformers 2?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 04:36 PM
Darth Thor

True... and what a 'great' character that was. At least Gollem was an interesting character, not one with the depth of a cartoon character. So JarJar symbolises the PT's problems very well: technically it's great, but it lacks substance and depth.

It wasn't just Jar Jar Queeq. Watto, the Trade Federation guys, the rest of the gungans, and all those droids..

All this talk we get of how amazing the special effects of LOTR and Avatar was, it all began with TPM. That was the first movie to use completely digital characters and sets.

Unfortunately its such a critically hated movie that it does not even get props in categories where it clearly deserves it.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2012 04:16 PM
queeq
Chaos

TF guys were rubber mask dudes... gungans=JarJar...

And droids are not really believeable CGI characters. In fact, droids are prolly the 'easiest' to make: not organic material.

No one is questioning the technical achievements of the PT, they are outstanding. Just too bad that the story, characters and dialogue aren't up to par with that. JarJar is a good example: excellent work on how realistic he looks, just why does it have to be such a lame character?

In short: in time of the OT and movies like Willow Lucas always emphasized that technology stands in the service of the story. In case of the PT it almost looks like he forgot to work on the story and focussed on the look. Or he kinda lost his way when it comes to great storytelling.

It all boils down to this, as a critic once wrote about 91/2 WEEKS (a movie with Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger): pretty pictures alone don't make a good movie.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2012 09:25 PM