KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » New on the Live-Action Star Wars Show

New on the Live-Action Star Wars Show
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
It all boils down to this, as a critic once wrote about 91/2 WEEKS (a movie with Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger): pretty pictures alone don't make a good movie.

Of course. But Im among those who dnt see the prequels as these horrendous and terrible movies. I see them as good movies just not anywhere near as epic as the OT save perhaps ROTS.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But they aren't that epic. It's already gone from collective memory. All the SW references made in movies and media are all about the OT.

They make references to LOTR, Avatar, even Transformers... but not to the PT.
And even if you analyse them, they are faulty.

I feel the difference is this: the OT was a simple story trying to say something a broad manner (bad powerful governments/companises vs. people who want justice).
The PT is trying to make everything very complex but does it in such a simplistic way that overshoots itself.

Luke: simple character with natural and simple character development (and a dark twist)
Anakin: wanna be complex character that only whines and hasn't got ANY character development.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 01:47 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

But they aren't that epic. It's already gone from collective memory. All the SW references made in movies and media are all about the OT.

And even if you analyse them, they are faulty.

Huh? Even if you analyse what? the PT or the LOTR, avatar, transformers? that they are faulty? are you talking about the PT and those movies again?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 07:46 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What's PT?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 09:19 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Im not sure about this Queeq. Iv heard many references to the PT in different mediums. Iv heard the name Sith Lords a lot, a term never used or known of during the OT (although there was a vague EU refernce to Vader being Lord of the Sith)..

Iv heard variations on Yoda's "Fear is the path to the dark side.. Fear leads to Hate, Hate leads to..." line, and various other stuff. Darth Maul is also a popular Halloween outfit too.

But yeah theres no arguing its no where close to the Impact the OT had. But its all about expectations really. No one had any expectations with the Original Star Wars, so it was the surprise of the decade for movie goers. With TPM on the other hand the expectations were simply too high.

And to be fair I dnt see LOTR or Avatar having anywhere near as Huge an impact on Popular Culture as the OT Star Wars did either.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 30th, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Everyone know what 'precioussssss' means now.

But if you say: 'They are animals, so I slaughtered them like animals.' or 'No, it's because I'm so in love with you - So love has blinded you?', no one know what you're talking about. Except us SW geeks. wink

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 03:55 PM
Darth Thor

Everyone know what 'precioussssss' means now.

True, but that's the only quote I hear from LOTR. Pretty much a tiny spec next to the impact the SW OT had on popular culture.

But yeah LOTR beat the Prequel Trilogy by a mile in terms of success and impact. There's no denying that.

But if you say: 'They are animals, so I slaughtered them like animals.' or 'No, it's because I'm so in love with you - So love has blinded you?', no one know what you're talking about. Except us SW geeks. wink

Lol you just had to pick Wuss Anakin and Ditzy Amidala's dialogue.. Some of the worst dialogue seen in On Screen Romance history! Dialogue like that reminds me Lucas just asks for it sometimes!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 05:42 PM
queeq
Chaos

It is... but mind you, THOSE lines EVERY FAN remembers!!! As well as the cringing.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 07:14 PM
darthmaul1

Maybe the quotes will surface much later. It's like some arnie movies, "conan what is best in life" "remember sully when i said i was going to kill you last?" "it's not a tumor" "i'll be back" If it bleeds we can kill it" "see you at the party rickster"
Ivan Danko: Chinese find way. Right after revolution, they round up all drug dealers, all drug addicts, take them to public square, and shoot them in back of head.
Art Ridzik: Ah, it'd never work here. ****ing politicians wouldn't go for it.
Ivan Danko: Shoot them first.
The list can go on for his quotes.

but the only thing for the PT i found myself saying is "what you think your some sort of jedi waving your hand around like that?"
and doing dumb ass jar jar impersonations.

for LOTR, "my prescioussss" and I wants it. and you ruinis it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 07:28 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe they will surface later, but I doubt it.
If they do they may be in jest. "Mesa going hooooooome!" or " I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire." I dunno...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 09:08 PM
Darth Thor

I think the best dialogue in the PT came from Palpatine/ Darth Sidious.

But still probably lines more famous with fans or sci-fi cult famous lines than anything else.

Runner ups were probably Dooku, Yoda, Watto, Trade Federation guys and possibly other background characters.

But I cant think of anything memorable from the movie's main characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Amidala and Qui-Gon.

And like it or not Jar Jar's lines: "Meeesa... whatever" probably are the most well known.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 1st, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 11:13 AM
queeq
Chaos

I agree!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:52 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Anyone seen the latest rumour??

something about time travel to be involved

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...travel-premise/

and Rick McCallum says its been shelved for budget reasons.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 05:56 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Is J.J. Abrams involved or something?! wink

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 08:41 AM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Kazenji
Anyone seen the latest rumour??

something about time travel to be involved

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...travel-premise/

and Rick McCallum says its been shelved for budget reasons.

Oh for the love of pete. Why can't they just make it dark and about smuggling and about the empire hunting down the jedi. not necessarily with vader but use Boba to get some of them. and vader can be in a few episodes. there had just better be light saber battles. if not this will flop if it ever sees the light of day!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 02:32 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Star Wars does'nt necessary need lightsaber battles for it to be good.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

And certainly not in the PT sense of the word.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Agreed...

A decent story is all you need. And lightsabres alone don't a good story make.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 03:43 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Star Wars most definitely doesn't need light sabres to need good story.

It's the canons fault.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2012 03:43 PM
Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, lightsabres are an integral part of SW... but story used to come first.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2012 05:02 PM