KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » New on the Live-Action Star Wars Show

New on the Live-Action Star Wars Show
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 13 14 [15]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

On the other hand, Star Wars would be complete shit if all it had was a great plot and writing.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2012 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Nah in the Orginal Star Wars, we hardly had a 2 minute slow lightsaber fight and yet thats possibly the most epic movie of all time.

Also I wouldn't want a new show to cheapen the idea of a Lightsaber fight. (I dnt count all the saber fights in clone wars since end of the day its just a cartoon)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2012 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Kazenji is online now!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
On the other hand, Star Wars would be complete shit if all it had was a great plot and writing.

Yeah it would be for you.......

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 12:00 PM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Errr.... yeah, we wouldn't want that... OMG...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 08:27 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Nah in the Orginal Star Wars, we hardly had a 2 minute slow lightsaber fight and yet thats possibly the most epic movie of all time.

In the original star wars you had dudes running around firing guns that shot lasers at people and huge space battles with explosions and dozens of ships everywhere.

People tend to forget that the greatest appeal of the original star wars was.... dun dun dun, it's special FX. It was the original "blockbuster popcorn film". A movie with incredible effects and costumes and an epic musical score, with a shallow plot and one-dimensional characters. That's A New Hope, in a nutshell. Things didn't start getting at all complicated until halfway through Empire Strikes Back, with Yoda's teachings and the plot twist with Darth Vader's revelation.

People tend to forget that, though, that the OT as a whole reached the fame it has because it was the original Michael Bay big budget sci-fi film.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But still ANH had only a limited number of FX shots... Can't be the only reason people lined up for days to see it. 2001 didn't have that, CE3K didn't have that, The Black Hole didn't have that... must be a bit more than just FX.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 08:47 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Anh had a huge number of special fx shots.

Everytime you saw a ship flying through space, thats an fx shot. Every time you saw r2 d2 walking around, or a jawa with its glowing yellow eyes, or a wookie, or a guy shooting a gun, or even just charact
ers standing around with some beeping, flashing monitors in the background, those are all "special fx shots". And the ot had more of those shots, and they were more eell done, than in any other movie up until that point. At the time of the 70's and early 80's, star wars was the avatar of that

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 07:02 AM
queeq
Chaos

I wouldn't consider R2 an effects shot.... he was a tin can with aguy in it conrolling it. Jawas were people in costumes with lights on their face masks. That has nothing to do with FX, it has to do with vision.

Other wise Ben Hur, Cleopatra, Good the Bad and the Ugly, The Godfather or any film playing in another time or place than the present here and now could be considered an FX film.

SW was visionary, Lucas had created a whole world that appealed to a large audience. And that showed in FX shots, costumes, location, props, music etc etc... And all that was wrapped in a documentary style of filmmaking that made SW look real and realistic (a rusting landspeeder, a crappy Millennium falcon). THAT is what made SW stand out... not JUST the FX.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 07:22 AM
Darth Thor

At the time of the 70's and early 80's, star wars was the avatar of that

Had a much bigger effect on popular culture than Avatar has had. I cant even remember what those Avatar aliens are called..

People just fell in love with the Universe Lucas had created. As well as the characters. How many heroes after that movie were clearly Han Solo copies?

And all 3 of the main characters had depth. Whilst Obi-Wan and Vader were clouded with a mysterious past and powers which people also found appealing.

The effects were also stunning which just added to the movies epicness.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 11:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Agreed. They were a mere TOOL to tell the story.

Nowadays, people seem to think FX make the movie. You couldn't be more wrong. TF has a lot of FX, but it's crap. Movies like the Green Lantern and the Green Hornet have a lot of FX, yet they aren't really great. There are more examples of unmemorable FX movies than there are memorable ones.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:34 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
Anyone seen the latest rumour??

something about time travel to be involved

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...travel-premise/

and Rick McCallum says its been shelved for budget reasons.

Does not sound good. They should really leave time travelling out of SW. It never needed such nonesense to be good, even though all the other sci-fi shows needed and have used it to death.

This story also makes no sense. Why would they use time travel to stop Darth Vader from ever existing. Would it not make more sense to stop the Emporer??

A pretty easy task if you can time travel. Just go back to before he became Supreme Chancellor and warn the Jedi Council maybe???

No rocket science or massive adventures needed there!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2012 10:52 AM
darthmaul1

They should just do vader and a secret apprentice or apprentices hunting down and killing the Jedi. With some smuggling etc. not this crap! Or instead of live action do a more violent mature cgi like SWTOR

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_...h?v=5lrk2BE4Tqc

Old Post Feb 20th, 2012 07:37 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mig17

quote:
They should just do vader and a secret apprentice or apprentices hunting down and killing the Jedi. With some smuggling etc.

That would be great! But I don't know why, but I feel that Ahsoka's presence in Star Wars the clone wars already has something to do with time travel or something like that.
Remember, "Always in motion the future is". And in the clone wars, every time we see Ahsoka's présence having an influence on Anakin (every time she "grew up becoming more a real jedi), Yoda is not far to witness the result of his action (him putting her as Anakin's padawan) as if he knew the importance of "influencing the choosen one" already.

So if the new Star Wars live show follow The clone wars line, it could be an alternative time-line of what would have happened if episode 3 was different...

I don't know yet what to think about it, but since I like most of The clone wars stuf, why not?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2012 08:21 PM
Click here to Send mig17 a Private Message Find more posts by mig17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That will be the J.J. Abrams remake, no doubt.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2012 09:24 AM
Dark Exile

After getting the early info on Star Wars 1313, I can't but help feel like the concept is similar to the promised show we were suposed to be getting.

http://starwars.com/news/1313_announce.html

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Now that I think about it, I agree.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 08:53 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed. Guess that's the way to recoup the development costs so far.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 03:01 PM
Dark Exile

Which frankly I am all for the notion. The non-passive medium seems to have seen an all new genre pop up in the wake of ND's Uncharteds, mostly UC3.

Seems like these kinds of "Interactive Cinematic Experiences" are on the rise, and personaly, if they can offer the cinematic flavor of film with the intimacy of the interactive medium at a 1/4th the cost you really can't go wrong.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sounds like a game.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 08:06 PM