KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Darth Maul returns.

Darth Maul returns.
Started by: TheMagicPillow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Barron-Ghidorah
Probably in bed

Darth Maul returns.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/1...arth-maul-lives

Spring 2012 Darth Maul will appear on the clone wars, sickly and skinnier than ever.

Kind of annoying that it takes away Obi-wan's achievement of being the first to kill a sith lord in a thousand years, but i'm still looking forward to it.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2011 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Barron-Ghidorah a Private Message Find more posts by Barron-Ghidorah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Although he can returned in the comics, I dunno if this is considered canon or not but he returned with metal legs and tried to kill Luke (or someone) but kenobi defeated him and Owen shot his brains out. Was set obviously between Ep 3 and 4?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 13th, 2011 10:43 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Although he can returned in the comics, I dunno if this is considered canon or not but he returned with metal legs and tried to kill Luke (or someone) but kenobi defeated him and Owen shot his brains out. Was set obviously between Ep 3 and 4?

Far from canon.

It's from Star Wars: Visionaries. It was just a collection of short stories from concept artists who worked on the prequels. They would conceive a concept drawing and write from there. The Darth Maul story is a major "what-if".

Old Post Oct 14th, 2011 12:57 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

exactly

but he's indeed coming to the animated show

This blows

I love Maul, but this is ridiculous

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 14th, 2011 02:21 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Lucasfilm has run out of imagination...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2011 06:07 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/10/d...ne-wars-teaser/

http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-conte...ars-930x567.jpg

Preview of Maul's return. Looks like his time in exile has made him a bit crazy...

I guess they based his look on the infinities story line where he survises and attacks Obi-Wan on Tatooine:

http://www.jessejamescomics.com/sit...ries%20maul.jpg

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And who stitched him together?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 03:31 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Oh dear!

I've forgotten all about this...

He's gonna be voice by Sam Witwer (SW Force Unleashed, Smallville, SW Clone Wars, Being Human)

I can't believe they're actually going through with this.

Originally posted by queeq
And who stitched him together?

How's he even alive?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2012 02:32 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Very good point...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2012 09:23 AM
darthmaul1

I thought in the clone wars cartoon he was justed cloned from some of his blood. That half maul half robot thing is from a comic in 2005 or 2006 isn't it?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2012 07:00 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I'm not sure about the year, but it's part of the Star Wars Visionaries comic(s), which was some sort of 'what if scenario'. It was hardly meant as canon, but I can imagine it's just another step on the road of recycling pre-existing EU material (the Zygerian arc, the battle between the Mon Calamari and the Quarren and so on).

Old Post Feb 21st, 2012 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

They will have to make it convincing.

IMO his survival should be to do with either Nightsister magic, or something related to what Sidious told Anakin about how the Force can be used to stop people from dying.

That would be cool. What will be really bad is if he's just been stitched up with Mechanical legs like in that Visionary comic.

Anyway we'll find out in a few weeks. Im pretty excited so Im hoping Il stay that way while watching it and not crying instead!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 03:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

I dont think he will show up in the next episode.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
They will have to make it convincing.
or something related to what Sidious told Anakin about how the Force can be used to stop people from dying.

I would agree but in Darth Maul Shadow Hunter iirc he's more versed in the lightsaber and assassin kind of skills. So I doubt he could do a trick of that level with the force. I'm not saying hes terrible at it just not as well trained as some.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 05:48 PM
Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I just meant that as the method of him being alive/resurrected. I didn't say it will be all down to him performing the miracle himself.

Like I also mentioned Nightsister magic could be involved.

Im just hoping anyway. He's probably gna show up with Metal legs and arms, and everyone shouting "OH COME ON!!"

Originally posted by Shey Tapani
I dont think he will show up in the next episode.

Probably not till the last 2.. Can tell by the names "Brothers" and "Revenge"..

But I think I wnt watch any of them now until all 4 are out so I can watch them together.

Might avoid these boards for a month so I dnt get spoilers Lol

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I just meant that as the method of him being alive/resurrected. I didn't say it will be all down to him performing the miracle himself.

Like I also mentioned Nightsister magic could be involved.

Im just hoping anyway. He's probably gna show up with Metal legs and arms, and everyone shouting "OH COME ON!!"

Indeed. Though Im under the impression that the emperor was the only one with that knowledge and idk if he would do that for an alien considering his personal bias against them. It may be the nightsister magic but I have felt like it's just gonna be robot parts

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 06:16 PM
Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

More Darth Vader studies

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 06:19 PM
Darth Thor

Another thing they will have to explain (when he shows up with his metal arms and legs) is what the heck he's been doing for the last 10-12 years??! Just chilling out in the outer rim Lol

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 06:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

Building his robot legs no doubt. And selling the franchise to Grievous.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 06:34 PM
S_D_J
Bane

the only way I could probably be ok with this is he turns out to be a clone... which is very unlikely

... guess I have to prepare to facepalm when they show those robot legs

no expression

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 11:41 PM