KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i always had the impression that once han says 'over my dead body', greedo was going to kill him right there.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 19th, 2012 03:49 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, we certainly wasn't going to invite Solo for a romantic dinner.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2012 04:26 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, thats planned for the re-re-re-re-re-re-release of the special edition in 2015.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2012 04:46 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 19th, 2012 08:34 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I both agree and disagree with a lot of what SMX said as I think there are still many discussions over both the PT and the OT that have not been had yet. I may not post in the Star Wars section very often, anymore, but I certainly do still frequent them and see what is going on.

As for the Greedo scene comments...I am just shaking my head...I think Lucas really does need to have a profile here. He should then submit some of his ideas for changes and people on here would tell him whether it's a good idea or not and why. For example...whoever had said that Greedo wasn't a danger because he couldn't shoot straight from such a short distance. That's so true. It now makes no sense. Greedo was supposed to mean something as a bounty hunter and had a reputation and he was confronting HAN SOLO. That's a fail. That's a Lucas-making-his-characters-worse fail.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2012 06:12 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It makes Solo worse as well as Greedo. It does feel this change has not been thought through.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2012 09:25 AM
General G
Canadian.

It certainly does make both characters worse, which really is a shame. It makes much more sense to have Solo shoot first - it would explain why Greedo's shot went wide.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 04:12 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But in the original he never shot, he never got the chance. That was so awesome and made the scene memorable.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 06:33 PM
darthmaul1

He has lost it, he keeps making these changes and tweeks, when there are other things he should be fixing. Some of the tweeks i don't mind like some ships and things, but to add rocks infront of R2 and make Jabbas door bigger, or changing the voice of boba's makes no sense. instead of doing that why doesn't he redo the super star destroyer hitting the death star II? or more importantly better light saber effects and standard colors?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 07:18 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Agghhh I hate Boba's new voice! He only had a few lines, but Jeremy Bullock made those lines bad ass.. It sounded like a guy you wouldn't mess with.. Now he just sounds like a normal frigging guy in that suit!!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I personally prefer it if they both had shot, but Han had shot first, thus making Greedo's shot go wide. This would just give further credence to what I was talking about earlier in regards to Greedo being fairly well known and having a reputation, he should have at least shot, even if it was a split second after Han.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 07:45 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, well... as long as Han goes for the kill first, saving his own skin before someone else can take it away.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 08:27 PM
General G
Canadian.

Yes, really as long as Han shoots first, I'd be happy.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 09:45 PM
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Agghhh I hate Boba's new voice! He only had a few lines, but Jeremy Bullock made those lines bad ass.. It sounded like a guy you wouldn't mess with.. Now he just sounds like a normal frigging guy in that suit!!

Didn't someone else do the voice in ESB? i thought it was Jason Wingreen not Jeremy Bullock?
he was just in the suit.

I don't think it would of been so bad if temu morrison (spelling) did the voice with the same tone.
Especially that line "what if he doesn't survive he's worth alot to me"
when temu says it it's like he's just asking a question "ummm mr vader sir" like he's afraid of vader.

but when Jason Wingreen says it, it's more menacing and not fearful of vader and that he'll be pissed at vader, like he's saying " hey numb nuts if he dies i'm going to kill you"

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 10:19 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Lucas has a point. If it's his creation he does have a stronger say in what's done to it than the consumer/fans.

I'm biased though.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Didn't someone else do the voice in ESB? i thought it was Jason Wingreen not Jeremy Bullock?
he was just in the suit.

Oh right. Might have been.

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Especially that line "what if he doesn't survive he's worth alot to me"
when temu says it it's like he's just asking a question "ummm mr vader sir" like he's afraid of vader.

but when Jason Wingreen says it, it's more menacing and not fearful of vader and that he'll be pissed at vader, like he's saying " hey numb nuts if he dies i'm going to kill you"

Yeah exactly.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lucas has a point. If it's his creation he does have a stronger say in what's done to it than the consumer/fans.

I'm biased though.

If it was just CGI additions that would be one thing, but some scenes/acting he's completely changed (like Han shooting first or second and Boba's damn new voice!).

Thing is it was fans loving those original versions which made him as rich as he is today. So I agree with Queeq that he should at least respect those fans wishes enough to have the Original versions available in any/all new formats.

But at the same time Im no Lucas hater myself. I enjoyed the Prequels and when compared to sequels/prequels of other great sci-fi/fantasy franchises (Terminator for example) I think he's actually done a pretty decent job.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 23rd, 2012 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think legally yes, an artist has the right to vandalize their own work so long as they still own it.

but to try to ethically justify it is ridiculous imho.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 02:27 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Well, they had a very successful opening weekend, for a 13 year old film that apparently no one likes. So this thread and all the snarky opinions here are full of bantha poodoo. stick out tongue

Food for thought:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/why-st...-160300514.html

Originally posted by focus4chumps
lol cmon, it was #4 on the box office for opening weekend at $22.5M.

oh and to follow up, ep1 made 9.9 million on the second weekend.
*que sad trombone*

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 02:34 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by focus4chumps
oh and to follow up, ep1 made 9.9 million on the second weekend.
*que sad trombone*

Thats still pretty good imo.. You know this hasnt been marketed or hyped up that much. Some people see the trailer now and are like "hey thats out in cinema" kind of like when the animated movie was released.

And like roughrider said for a movie that apparently no one likes..

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 02:58 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

nobody suggested that "nobody likes star wars". small children love jar jar and poopy jokes after all. also, if i was a parent i would rather sit through that than most crappy mind-numbing kid flicks.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 03:15 PM