KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Darth Maul returns.

Darth Maul returns.
Started by: TheMagicPillow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mig17

I agree, a crazy Maul after 10 years of demise isn't bad and Sam Witwer interpretation is good as always when he has to play someone with a corrupted mind.

Where I am disappoited is to spent an entire episode of Savage searching for his brother and half of it just walking on this planet.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 08:04 PM
Click here to Send mig17 a Private Message Find more posts by mig17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Well I like to believe that his hatred kept him alive (Darth Sion from KOTOR2 or even Anakin after surviving that awful burn).

I agree with your disappointment, mig17 smile That's why I said they should have broadcasted this with the next episode to make a grand season finale.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlie512

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I just like to go with the logic that he is an alien and maybe getting cut in half isn't really that bad of a thing....like an earth worm..

Maybe his legs are still out there running around too...wanting revenge and what not.

That or magic voodoo space lady has something to do with it.

I dunno...

eh this show is crap.

But this just opens Pandora's box. Next well see...

'LOL, If Maul survived that! Then Mace must have survived too!! I mean he only got his hand cut off and we don't know what happenendz to him!! We should bring him back. trololol!!!11!!!'

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 10:15 AM
Click here to Send Charlie512 a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie512 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Hybris
It just shows that they are parasiting away existing EU material smile Anyway, I've seen the concerned episode and I feel like they should have broadcasted this episode along with the next episode...

That picture's well clever!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 02:23 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mig17

Oh, and I don't know if Anakin, Ahsoka or Ventress will be in the next episode, but what the hell were they doing in the last one?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 05:44 PM
Click here to Send mig17 a Private Message Find more posts by mig17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The same as they did in all the other ones?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 06:51 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I would have gone with "Being annoying and stupid" myself.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 03:09 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It was cool to see Maul 'operational' again. The episode as a whole wasn't that great, though. He [Maul] didn't do much.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2012 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This was pretty lame for a season finale.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2012 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Hybris
I agree with your disappointment, mig17 smile That's why I said they should have broadcasted this with the next episode to make a grand season finale.

That's why I waited a week and watched both together stick out tongue

These 2 epsiodes no where near as epic as the original Introduction of Savage Opress, but I think overall it was a good beginning to a new story arc.

Originally posted by Galan007
It was cool to see Maul 'operational' again. The episode as a whole wasn't that great, though. He [Maul] didn't do much.

It was just the beginning!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
Just watched 'the return of Maul'. It was... Pretty lame, imo. I'm sure he will shape up in subsequent episodes, but I kind of expected him to *already* be as badass as ever, and even *more* knowledgeable in the ways of the dark side/force.

After what we saw from Savage Opress, I was also expecting Maul to come back as some Force god. But then if he was it would make no sense for him to be in hiding all this time. They had to explain where he was, what he was doing.

So from what I can tell he's basically on par with his Episode 1 self, just with these new robotic legs he has to get used to.

As for the episodes, if people were expecting a grand finale to the season then they will be disappointed. But I just saw it as a nice start to a whole new story arc. A new threat to the Sith and the Jedi.

I also liked Ventress's alliance with Obi-Wan and am genuinely interested in where her character will go from here. Because we really don't know.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

it was great to see Maul again,, however i do hope he improves next season

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 03:36 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mig17

I stil don't understand why we saw Anakin and Ashoka with Anakin saying something sinister is coming ind the previous episode since none of them are in the final. The same thing for Doku and Grevous. They have absolutly no impact on the intrigue.

Then, even if I like this show, I must say I am disapointed by ... almost the entire season 4. Where second part of season 3 was really great, with lots of things moving (apparition of Savage, Ahsoka becoming more and more a tru Jedi as opposed to her master, Ventress going rogue, the Force Wielders, the Nexus Routes, Tarkin, ...), I am under the impression that season 4 who's title was "Battle lines" havent braught any changes in thise lines.
And except the Umbaran arc 2 last episodes which were very well done and distractive, the 2 last Slaver arc episode which brings Anakin slave past back, the very good Tano vs Death Watch situation (except maybe for the caricature of droids and inhabitant of the planet...), and the episode where Kenobi, Bane and Moralo are hunted by Anakin and Tano with a great touch of drama in the confrontation at the end I find the rest almost ... boring. And whats even more boring is the format where we have a only 20min episode each week that does not help to move forward in the intrigue.

So now that everything is "set in motion", I hope we are going to see action. How all that is going to resolve. Because I agree, the return of Maul needed to be explained and now that it is done, he is in an interessting position, knowing all about "the most powerfull being of the galaxy" plan to destroy jedi. How will the Sith react to his return?

Last edited by mig17 on Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 10:27 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by mig17
I stil don't understand why we saw Anakin and Ashoka with Anakin saying something sinister is coming ind the previous episode since none of them are in the final. The same thing for Doku and Grevous. They have absolutly no impact on the intrigue.

I think to show the Return of Maul is going to have huge implications for these characters. And through the Force they can sense bad times ahead.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 11:30 AM
queeq
Chaos

Now it won't have impications. These characters stay as they are... they don't develop until ROTS. One of CW's problems.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 03:20 PM
Darth Thor

^ Well yeah there is that problem with the show. Although we don't know what will happen to Ashoka.

Could be a missing piece there of Anakin's journey towards the dark side.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 07:06 PM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe... but I don't see much change between the AOTC Anakin and the ROTS Anakin... so how much can it be?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 08:22 PM
mig17

Many characters doesn't have a known fate yep: Ashoka of course but also, all the clones except Bly, Cody or Wolf, Ventress, Savage and now Maul, Death-Watch, Satine, Lux,...

So even if (and it is a big if...) there is now "alrenet" univers until the end of the clone wars, lots of things can happens until the Separatist uses the Nexus coordonates to attack Corusant and kidnaped the Chancellor where ROTS begin.

quote:
I think to show the Return of Maul is going to have huge implications for these characters. And through the Force they can sense bad times ahead.

=> You are right and I imagine something like Ahsoka killed by Maul and Maul killed by ... Grevous before the end.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 08:38 PM
Darth Thor

^ I would like Anakin fighting and killing Maul (out of revenge for killing Ashoka would be nice!). I would hate another fluke win by Obi-Wan!

As for Savage.. No idea who will take him down. Dooku seems seriously scared of him sensing his power growing every day.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 10:29 PM