KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Darth Maul returns.

Darth Maul returns.
Started by: TheMagicPillow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

If Maul had been some kind of uber badass, there would be absolutely zero reason for why it would take ten years for him to show up.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 08:49 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Lol. Still hate Maul Blax?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 10:49 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Those were some of the worst episodes of the series. Once again the season concludes with no resolution, no plot points achieved, no victories and no loses...after 88 episodes. Yet another season introduces yet another villain who is incapable of doing any real damage to the Jedi, yet lives in to simply pop up in one episode next season.

On these two episodes in particular, besides mentioning they are totally implausible and a (yet another) ripoff of a preexisting comic (can they not even design their own characters anymore? It seems like they just find something floating around and they're like hey lets just make an episode on that)...The stupid red logo at the beginning. This inst cool, nor is it a special occasion. You killed off the best villain you created in 1999 and 13 years later you haven't gotten a better one. Deal with and make a new one instead of making all your existing villains look wholly incompetent and using them in one episode per season.

Why MAKE Maul crazy only to have him be normal 12 minutes later after some witch throws Shadows out of him? Why give him a stupid spider body to only give him real legs 12 minute later? Mauls dialogue was cheesy and vapid and Sam makes him sound...feminine. For someone who spoke about 5 words in all of TPM, now he monologues all the time?

The only redeeming factor about this episode is that Asajj is starting to become a real character with some depth...amazing considering she was the FIRST Villain we had...FOUR YEARS AGO....and its taken them this long to giver her an ounce of complexity and some halfway decent comebacks.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Last edited by Ordo on Mar 19th, 2012 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lol Another fan.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo

On these two episodes in particular, besides mentioning they are totally implausible and a (yet another) ripoff of a preexisting comic.

Are you talking about the Visionaries "what if" comic? They have stolen his new "Look" from there.

Tbh I was thinking since it's magic that's putting him back together, why not just bring back his biological legs?? It would have been just as unbelievable.

Why MAKE Maul crazy only to have him be normal 12 minutes later after some witch throws Shadows out of him? Why give him a stupid spider body to only give him real legs 12 minute later?

I guess just to show what he's been like for the last 10+ years.

The only redeeming factor about this episode is that Asajj is starting to become a real character with some depth...amazing considering she was the FIRST Villain we had...FOUR YEARS AGO....and its taken them this long to giver her an ounce of complexity and some halfway decent comebacks.

Yes, Im really looking forward to see where they take her.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
[B]Are you talking about the Visionaries "what if" comic? They have stolen his new "Look" from there.

Tbh I was thinking since it's magic that's putting him back together, why not just bring back his biological legs?? It would have been just as unbelievable.

Theres no other reference with Maul alive is there? I wish they'd come up with their own damn ideas. Time and time again this show simply destroys its own canon. That's a bad position to be in.

WTF with the spider. 1. WHo got him out of Naboo? 2. How was he alive? 3. What idiot decides 8 legs and a spider @ss is easier to build than 2 legs with 6 joints in total. 4. Who built the spiderbutt? 5. WHY DID HIS HORNS SHRINK WHEN THEY PULLED THE GOO OUT?

God I hate this. Every season they insist on destroying one of the coolest parts of Star Wars.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Theres no other reference with Maul alive is there? I wish they'd come up with their own damn ideas.

There was another comic with a resurrected clone of Maul which Vader confronts.

To be honest everyone was expecting a Cyborg bottom half, so I think using the same design as the Visionaries comic was more of a tribute to the EU than them not being capable of making their own design.

I was personally hoping for his biological legs back, but whatever. I guess the Cyborg legs makes his stature comparable to Savage.

You have to admit though the whole spider leg thing and him being all crazy was their own idea that no one was expecting.

WTF with the spider. 1. WHo got him out of Naboo? 2. How was he alive? 3. What idiot decides 8 legs and a spider @ss is easier to build than 2 legs with 6 joints in total. 4. Who built the spiderbutt? 5. WHY DID HIS HORNS SHRINK WHEN THEY PULLED THE GOO OUT?

Apparently the spider legs grew themselves out of his torso:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/16/s...aul-sam-witwer/

He says his hatred, desire for revenge and completely embracing the dark side is what kept him alive, and the spider legs that grew reflecting his psyche.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 10:16 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

^ Lol. Still hate Maul Blax?
Unabashedly.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Apparently the spider legs grew themselves out of his torso:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/16/s...aul-sam-witwer/

He says his hatred, desire for revenge and completely embracing the dark side is what kept him alive, and the spider legs that grew reflecting his psyche.

Holy shit, that is stupid.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 02:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

^^^ Its hard for me to take Star Wars seriously when even its creators do not.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 01:28 AM
Darth Thor

^ I am a bit confused how metallic limbs grew from his torso.. Might have made sense if it was a biological spider half.

But the fact is something had to grow from his torso for him to survive. Otherwise he's got no digestive system to live off (assuming humanoid biology is in place)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 11:48 AM
Flyattractor

^Agree. SO magic now exists int eh SWU?

Eh why not... They gave us FREAKIN ZOMBIES ALREADY so why not!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It grew?????

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 05:20 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Those were some of the worst episodes of the series.

Yup.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by queeq
It grew?????

According to Sam Witwer. He may be wrong. Dave Filoni would be a better source to confirm that.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 07:42 PM
queeq
Chaos

It sure doesn't sound very Star Warsy...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 09:03 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by queeq
It sure doesn't sound very Star Warsy...

Neither do half the episodes in this show.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 02:25 PM
REXXXX
Networking

As ever, I found it all mindless, amusing fun. There were lightsabers and explosions. I'm good.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 06:17 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good to hear that.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 12:07 PM
Abu-Bactr

I really hope Maul and Savaage will have a confrontation with Palps.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 09:11 AM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mig17

I am disappointed by such a small trealer, just two little scene...

But on the other hand, I am more than satisfied to see, that may be, they are going to developpe new intrigues than republic against separatist now.
Because we already know, that between the republic and the separatist, nothing is realy going to happened, but here, with Maul/Savage, Mandalore/Death watch, with the war as a background, this can give good and more "free written" stories. Even "sinister" ones may be.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 12:41 PM
Click here to Send mig17 a Private Message Find more posts by mig17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote