KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » It's time to remake the originals

It's time to remake the originals
Started by: realmanager

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

And the voice acting is even not as good as the original. Bad move...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 09:34 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I actually think that's a good idea! If GL did that, I think he should defanily still keep the old versions availible. In fact: I think he should probably take away all the added stuff to them, & all the the stuff put in to keep them consistant with the PT, because they wouldn't need it to be if there were newer more uptodate & consistant versions.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 04:29 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It would certainly be fair to history and a great courtesy to 30+ years of fanship and spending money on his empire.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 01:54 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

The only possibility is CGI remake, so all characters have exactly same faces. But real film remake would cause riots of millions funs.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Depends... I wouldn't mind a new shot at it. But the best new attempts must be made by a film maker who has relatievly free reign. Under lucas it will definitely not work... not for the next 20 years or so.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 07:59 AM
Flyattractor

If GL does decide to "REDO" the OT I swear I will invent a time machine and go back to the early 1970's and fram him for a crime and get him thrown in prison so he can't make the orginal movies and thus winds up living under an overpass on the LA river!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2012 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And then we'll have meaningless lives... wink

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 08:26 PM
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
If GL does decide to "REDO" the OT I swear I will invent a time machine and go back to the early 1970's and fram him for a crime and get him thrown in prison so he can't make the orginal movies and thus winds up living under an overpass on the LA river!

Ah, but Van Damme may have to stop you...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And he can.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 10:34 AM
Khamier

Ummm, I completely disagree with whatever the OP is talking about.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2013 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Khamier a Private Message Find more posts by Khamier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Of course you do.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 02:06 PM
Kickballjedi

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Ah, but Van Damme may have to stop you...

Nice Timecop reference.

On the subject of Leia's Mother:

Luke: Leia, do you remember your mother? Your real mother?
Princess Leia: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.
Luke: What do you remember?
Princess Leia: Just... images really. Feelings.
Luke: Tell me.
Princess Leia: She was... very beautiful. Kind, but sad. Why are you asking me this?
Luke: I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her.

Images and feelings? She could've seen pictures of her Mother, maybe Bail told her about her real mother and how sad she was. This is not a big deal. She could've seen holograms taken of Padme right before her argument with Anakin, she did look very sad and worried.

I believe the OT has held up very well for being almost 40 years old, even without the revisions. There are sci-fi movies a lot newer than the OT that look much more dated, especially the earliest CGI attempts. The worn out, dirty look of the uniforms and ships in the OT show how miserable the galaxy is under the boot of the Empire. Leave it alone.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

No remake, those are classics. When people remake a classic, it usually ends up a dissapointment at best. It seems every month now there's a remake coming out but no profit in them.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 12:31 AM
Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OT rules!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2013 05:40 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

yes

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 04:07 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The OP had one post on this site and never returned. He must not have like the responses to his wonderful idea.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe he never read them. Or maybe he was your sock. wink

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 04:34 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

My sock's are French silk and they stay committed. None of this bugging out early bizniss.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 08:03 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The OP had one post on this site and never returned. He must not have like the responses to his wonderful idea.

Nobody added his survey as he commanded.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Banus

I'm all for it, throw in some twists!

let Obi survive past return, obi and Luke take on Vader & Sids, with obi now strong enough to at least defend against the emperor, but for some reason has to sacrifice himself to save Luke during the battle.

Also at the end let Vader take down Sids in actual front on combat force/ sabers, Vaders turn back to the light right at the climax makes him waaaaay stronger etc

Old Post Jul 19th, 2013 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth Banus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Banus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote