KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Bond °23

Bond °23
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: where your not.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ahnold
Good God, has it really been almost a year since I last posted to the KMC eek! ??? This obviously constitutes a massive oversight on my part embarrasment ... but, in any case, am glad to be back big grin .

Yes, it seems that Bond 23 (aka "Skyfall" smile ) has really kicked into high gear during this past month. And the omens are looking very good indeed - a Sam Mendes film starring Daniel Craig, with a story by Peter "Frost/Nixon" Morgan and a screenplay co-written by John "Gladiator" Logan, featuring Ralph Fiennes, Albert Finney, Javier Bardem, plus the return of a much missed, well-loved gadget master? I'm mentally booking my seat already big grin ! I think that most people agreed that, whether they liked it or not, "Quantum Of Solace" just didn't live up to the illustrious standard set by its immediate predecessor; here's hoping that "Skyfall" puts things back on track!



Darth Martin is indeed correct, Kazenji. In the early 60's, Ian Fleming was sued by a gentleman called Kevin McClory, who claimed that Fleming had not credited his contribution to the novel "Thunderball". Several years of legal wrangling between McClory and the Broccoli estate followed, which ultimately meant that the character seen in the opening credits of "FYEO" - obviously meant to be Blofeld - could not be credited as such; the legal situation also allowed McClory to produce his own version of "Thunderball" in the 80s - "Never Say Never Again". With McClory now having passed, I am uncertain as to what the current legal situation is with regards to the use of Blofeld in future Bond movies; would be interesting to see if he ever turns up to square off against 007 again!


Hey welcome back.yeah I remember reading all about that.mcclorys lawsuit over Fleming and that legal battle that went on.


__________________

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 05:56 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Uncle Bob

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Well thats all i need to know Arnold not some dick to keep telling me i'm wrong.


__________________

Old Post Dec 30th, 2011 03:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Uncle Bob

Gender: Male
Location: Australia


__________________

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 12:13 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Uncle Bob

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Been a couple more images for this movie

but i can't be stuffed getting them seems like this part of the forum is dead...


__________________

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 01:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

Gender: Male
Location: UnderVerse

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Been a couple more images for this movie

but i can't be stuffed getting them seems like this part of the forum is dead...


Go ahead... I'm listening. I just forget about Bond most of the time. I'm just a casual fan. But I really like Casino Royale.


__________________

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 10:40 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Uncle Bob

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Picture of Javier Bardem as the villain

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/03/skyf...e-javier-bardem

there's also a couple of other ones at the bottem of the article.


__________________

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 02:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

Gender: Male
Location: UnderVerse

Oh, hmm.. maybe I don't care all that much afterall. The pictures don't seem all that interesting. Sorry. heh. Hopefully the movie will be good, though.


__________________

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 02:59 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Uncle Bob

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Javier should be good as the villain, If what we've seen of him in No country for old men.


__________________

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 03:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

So we have three actresses in this, all claiming to be the new Bond girl. Which one is it - Naomie Harris, Bérénice Marlohe or Tonia Sotiropoulou? The true 'Bond girl' is the one he ends the picture with; the other one dies halfway through or the last act.


__________________

"Everyone else may be an a**hole, but I'm not!" - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 08:18 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Uncle Bob

Gender: Male
Location: Australia


__________________

Old Post May 18th, 2012 02:14 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Uncle Bob

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Teaser trailer


__________________

Last edited by Kazenji on May 21st, 2012 at 08:28 AM

Old Post May 21st, 2012 08:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

Gender: Male
Location: UnderVerse

I am intrigued, sirs. Looks cool.


__________________

Old Post May 21st, 2012 11:36 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Uncle Bob

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

I'm also interested in that new game, Both look good.


__________________

Old Post May 21st, 2012 12:29 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

This looks dope. Looks to be taking a much more darker approach.

Old Post May 21st, 2012 09:30 PM
Darth Martin is online now! Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

I want the old bond back with gadgets, and one liners. I hope this one has that. Q is in it I think so that is a plus.


__________________

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 05:33 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Uncle Bob

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

I not really bothered about Q and his gadgets that's more of a minor thing with these movies for me, Everything else is more important.


__________________

Old Post May 24th, 2012 04:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: where your not.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
This looks dope. Looks to be taking a much more darker approach.


I like the idea of taking a dark approach to it.I like it that they are having him be really serious.If you think it looks dopey,then I dont know what to tell ya,I would skip it if I were you.hard to believe that you'll like the movie itself if this trailer turns you off.


Darth Martin

I want the old bond back with gadgets, and one liners. I hope this one has that. Q is in it I think so that is a plus.

wait a minute here.you're not making any sense.You say you want the old Bond back with Gadgets and one liners but you think thats a plus that Q is not in it.How do you expect the gadgets to come into play that you want to see if Q is not in the film? seriously,think about what your saying here. laughing laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

I personally could less myself about the gadgets.We have had so many James Bond films with gadgets and chases over the years that it just seems like de je vu all over again.Thats why I really liked the direction they went with in Casino Royale because they got away from all that and the chase scenes consisted mostly of them running after him.

Patient_Leech

I am intrigued, sirs. Looks cool.

Sure am glad to see at least one person on here that is on the same page as i am about this trailer. Happy Dance


__________________

Last edited by Mr Parker on May 24th, 2012 at 07:48 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2012 07:38 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Gender: Male
Location: Califohrnia

Geez - I really must make a greater effort to post here more often than once every 10 months eek! ! Hope you're all well my old KMC chums smile .

How could I not chime in with my opinion on "Skyfall"? In short, I loved it big grin - a definite improvement on "Quantum Of Solace", though maybe doesn't quite scale the heights of the superb "Casino Royale".

The Good?
1) The fact that it was, arguably, the most personal Bond story of the entire series so far. We finally got to learn a bit more about James' background - I loved the entire final act at Skyfall lodge - and it was fantastic to see the relationship between him and M really take centre stage (which just made *that* ending all the more sad).
2) Daniel Craig. Whilst I feel that the writers have "aged" him from rookie 00 agent to hardened veteran a little too quickly (just how much time *did* pass between "QOS" and "Skyfall"?!), Craig has clearly settled into the role with the suave assuredness of a Sean Connery or a Roger Moore. Long may his tenure as 007 continue smile .
3) The nostalgic throwbacks: the iconic DB5, the return of Q and Moneypenny (even if the new guys can't quite fill the shoes of the legends that were Desmond Llewellyn and Lois Maxwell), and even M's old office at the very end. It all felt like very "classic" Bond big grin .
4) Silva. Superb actor, fantastic villain. Javier Bardem's take on the role was a lot different to what I (and probably a lot of people) expected, but he made Silva a truly unique, intriguing, and even pitiable nemesis for 007.
5) The theme song. It's not the best Bond theme ever recorded, but Adele's track is a wonderful throwback to the Shirley Bassey-esque classic themes of yore.

The Bad?
1) Whilst Bond's famous gadgets did indeed make a welcome re-appearance, I don't think they quite cut the muster. The signature palm-print gun idea was already done in "License To Kill", and a simple radio is hardly cutting edge tech worthy of a top secret service agent!
2) The character death at the end - whilst superbly played from an emotional standpoint - was, in terms of the build-up, very much a blink-and-you'll-miss-it affair...

Overall, though, my gripes with the film are few and far between, and I'd be happy to say that "Skyfall" now takes pride of place within my top 10 list of Bond movies smile .

And so, roll on Bond 24 big grin ! Sam Mendes, you're welcome back anytime ... unless, of course, Christopher Nolan wants the job ahead of you wink .


__________________


Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 02:53 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: where your not.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ahnold
Geez - I really must make a greater effort to post here more often than once every 10 months eek! ! Hope you're all well my old KMC chums smile .

How could I not chime in with my opinion on "Skyfall"? In short, I loved it big grin - a definite improvement on "Quantum Of Solace", though maybe doesn't quite scale the heights of the superb "Casino Royale".

The Good?
1) The fact that it was, arguably, the most personal Bond story of the entire series so far. We finally got to learn a bit more about James' background - I loved the entire final act at Skyfall lodge - and it was fantastic to see the relationship between him and M really take centre stage (which just made *that* ending all the more sad).
2) Daniel Craig. Whilst I feel that the writers have "aged" him from rookie 00 agent to hardened veteran a little too quickly (just how much time *did* pass between "QOS" and "Skyfall"?!), Craig has clearly settled into the role with the suave assuredness of a Sean Connery or a Roger Moore. Long may his tenure as 007 continue smile .
3) The nostalgic throwbacks: the iconic DB5, the return of Q and Moneypenny (even if the new guys can't quite fill the shoes of the legends that were Desmond Llewellyn and Lois Maxwell), and even M's old office at the very end. It all felt like very "classic" Bond big grin .
4) Silva. Superb actor, fantastic villain. Javier Bardem's take on the role was a lot different to what I (and probably a lot of people) expected, but he made Silva a truly unique, intriguing, and even pitiable nemesis for 007.
5) The theme song. It's not the best Bond theme ever recorded, but Adele's track is a wonderful throwback to the Shirley Bassey-esque classic themes of yore.

The Bad?
1) Whilst Bond's famous gadgets did indeed make a welcome re-appearance, I don't think they quite cut the muster. The signature palm-print gun idea was already done in "License To Kill", and a simple radio is hardly cutting edge tech worthy of a top secret service agent!
2) The character death at the end - whilst superbly played from an emotional standpoint - was, in terms of the build-up, very much a blink-and-you'll-miss-it affair...

Overall, though, my gripes with the film are few and far between, and I'd be happy to say that "Skyfall" now takes pride of place within my top 10 list of Bond movies smile .

And so, roll on Bond 24 big grin ! Sam Mendes, you're welcome back anytime ... unless, of course, Christopher Nolan wants the job ahead of you wink .


excelent post well said.Yeah pretty much because of all those reasons you listed,I would rank this Bond film as the best one I have seen since Daltons The Living Daylights.

I would have to go back and watch The Living Daylights again sometime and then view this one after to judge which I liked better because again,I would have to say as far as the best modern day Bond movies post Roger Moore,those two are my favorite.

I was pleased to see that B!tch lady die,his boss so I was especially happy about the ending,hee hee.Never liked her.was glad they killed her off.The future Bond movies can only get better with her out of the way now IMO.


__________________

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2013 04:28 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rocketrobo
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Account Restricted

I like the James Bond who acted by Pierce Brendan Brosnan. and impress me deeply.


__________________
movie computer parts

Old Post Jan 24th, 2013 08:46 AM
Rocketrobo is currently offline Click here to Send Rocketrobo a Private Message Find more posts by Rocketrobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 12:48 PM.
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Bond °23

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.