KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Robocop (2014)

Robocop (2014)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Anung Un Rama

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 09:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Crazy!

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 08:47 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I thought both construction of Robocop was fine in the original. It wasnt a cut between two scenes as the quote makes out.
That quote was obviously written by a man who never heard the phrase "You're gonna be a bad motherfvcker"...

This needs to be Robocop...not a 2hr show on biomechanics.
I dont need to know which asscheek Murphy has his power cell lodged in...the core of the story will always be Murphy getting killed and Murphy avenging himself as Robocop, and the Ghost in the Machine thing.

On the positive side, like Lord Shadow, I did like the Roboninjas.
There.. I may finally sleep now.

'Night.

The problem I see with too much detail in the construction of RC is that they might stray too far into Iron Man terrority like I mentioned a while back.. he's meant to be small-scale law enforcement not superhero standard. I hope they don't go that way although the vs boards would love that big grin

Roboninjas were awesome, the damaged one at the end looked very deranged with the screwed up face and rictus grin.

*shudders*

Attachment: robocop3.jpg
This has been downloaded 74 time(s).

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 09:55 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquitaine

'RoboCop' was never designed to have a sequel according to the film makers, it was a one off story that encompassed a whole arc of tragedy, rebirth and revenge. Or like Verhoeven says 'a Jesus story' with Murphy's death and ressurection to pass judgement.
The sequels just tried to copy Verhoeven's style, social commentary and wit, failing miserably. They had no punch or hook IMO.
Sequels to great stand alone movies have been worse though, 'Highlander' for instance.
I would not like there to be a remake, but a faithful and respectful sequel that is set somewhere in the RoboCop world after the first film, not really referencing the other sequels (ie. 'Predators').

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 11:58 AM
Aquitaine is currently offline Click here to Send Aquitaine a Private Message Find more posts by Aquitaine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Aquitaine
'RoboCop' was never designed to have a sequel according to the film makers, it was a one off story that encompassed a whole arc of tragedy, rebirth and revenge. Or like Verhoeven says 'a Jesus story' with Murphy's death and ressurection to pass judgement.
The sequels just tried to copy Verhoeven's style, social commentary and wit, failing miserably. They had no punch or hook IMO.
Sequels to great stand alone movies have been worse though, 'Highlander' for instance.
I would not like there to be a remake, but a faithful and respectful sequel that is set somewhere in the RoboCop world after the first film, not really referencing the other sequels (ie. 'Predators').

The second movie was fine, did some different things for sure but I don't agree it was entirely pointless. It continued the theme of the first with respect to OCP's designs on re-building/controling Detroit the way they wanted it and what they were prepared to do to achieve it.

The scene in the first movie where the police chief is barking at his men that 'police officers don't strike!' is strangely prophetic as that is what they DO end up doing along the line. It accomplishes progression in that sense and that what sequels are meant to do. Could the execution have been better? Certainly with the third going way off base with the 'OCP military wing' arriving to take over a whole city. That was laughable but even the third has good moments.

Come on, sequels are not inherently bad, many people including myself like some sequels better than the original. In fact there are many originals that don't register with me at all but I've liked how someone else has made a sequel more exciting or expansive while still retaining some of what went before.

You don't like sequels but you want it be a sequel rather than a re-make?

(Predators was a flat and an average film imo and added absolutely nothing to the series, I really can't get your example there)

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 10:10 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquitaine

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
The second movie was fine, did some different things for sure but I don't agree it was entirely pointless. It continued the theme of the first with respect to OCP's designs on re-building/controling Detroit the way they wanted it and what they were prepared to do to achieve it.

The scene in the first movie where the police chief is barking at his men that 'police officers don't strike!' is strangely prophetic as that is what they DO end up doing along the line. It accomplishes progression in that sense and that what sequels are meant to do. Could the execution have been better? Certainly with the third going way off base with the 'OCP military wing' arriving to take over a whole city. That was laughable but even the third has good moments.

Come on, sequels are not inherently bad, many people including myself like some sequels better than the original. In fact there are many originals that don't register with me at all but I've liked how someone else has made a sequel more exciting or expansive while still retaining some of what went before.

You don't like sequels but you want it be a sequel rather than a re-make?

(Predators was a flat and an average film imo and added absolutely nothing to the series, I really can't get your example there)

I know people who like RoboCop 2 better, no problem, just didn't work for me.
I never said I didn't like sequels. ALIENS, Spider-man 2 and Evil Dead 2 are some that are in my list of all time favourite films.
'Predators' was an example because it did not reference 'Predator 2' or the 'AVP' films in any measurable way and just made mention of the original. Just based in the world of the franchise.
Could even be based before P2, I remember reading that somewhere, but thats a different subject.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 12:16 PM
Aquitaine is currently offline Click here to Send Aquitaine a Private Message Find more posts by Aquitaine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Anung Un Rama

Predators was a good movie league's above the quality of the AVP movies.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 12:26 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Aquitaine
I know people who like RoboCop 2 better, no problem, just didn't work for me.
I never said I didn't like sequels. ALIENS, Spider-man 2 and Evil Dead 2 are some that are in my list of all time favourite films.
'Predators' was an example because it did not reference 'Predator 2' or the 'AVP' films in any measurable way and just made mention of the original. Just based in the world of the franchise.
Could even be based before P2, I remember reading that somewhere, but thats a different subject.

Fair enough.

Well I'm not sure why Predators skipped any mention of P2 (probably wanted to retain it's own identity), I love the first two equally in fact, especially how P2's director captured the firsts atmosphere but changed the environment and the make-up of the characters involved.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 09:55 AM
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Kazenji
Predators was a good movie league's above the quality of the AVP movies.

Well personally, I wouldn't say that. I watched both AVP movies back to back last year and I got more enjoyment out of that than I did watching Predators. It was okay, but it didn't really retain any suspense or real memorable characters. Royce was the best thing to come out of that movie by a long shot.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 10:01 AM
Aquitaine

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Well personally, I wouldn't say that. I watched both AVP movies back to back last year and I got more enjoyment out of that than I did watching Predators. It was okay, but it didn't really retain any suspense or real memorable characters. Royce was the best thing to come out of that movie by a long shot.

I knew it couldn't possibly be a match for the original, but enjoyed seeing the formula taken for another spin - Royce was no Arnold and was never intended to be...whoa, I'm getting off topic...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 11:41 AM
Kazenji
Anung Un Rama

So what do you think of this Robocop remake anyway?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 01:09 PM
Aquitaine

So what do you think of this Robocop remake anyway?

I think its unnecessary.
What could they do better? Effects (do a Lucas and redo the effects for a re-release instead LOL)? Look? Feel? Make it more 'gritty' and 'realistic'? Make it more emotional? Add a love story between Robo and Lewis?

I have not yet seen a remake I have enjoyed. Films work so well because all the right elements come together at one time. That cannot be replicated to make a buck or 'reinvent' a classic.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 12:22 PM
Kazenji
Anung Un Rama

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 01:21 PM
Kazenji
Anung Un Rama

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 8th, 2012 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 02:49 AM
Kazenji
Anung Un Rama

Old Post Jul 21st, 2012 05:52 AM
Kazenji
Anung Un Rama

Concept art of Robocop?

Uh....WTF??

that looks like something from Iron Man.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 07:39 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Or Venom wearing armour...

You just can't beat the original.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 07:07 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

They should just go with the original look, the original look is much better

The Superior Spider-Man

I created Raptor Bada and Donald

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 09:58 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

Concept art of Robocop?

Uh....WTF??

that looks like something from Iron Man.

no..

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 06:13 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Original design is way cooler than that. That looks like it belongs in Halo. Looks like body armor, not a robotic suit.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 09:14 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote