KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Silent Hill: Revelations

Silent Hill: Revelations
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah whatever the plot if flimsy coming from someone who hasn't played it.

(May I suggest proofreading? This seems to be a common problem with you, my friend.)

Just going by the film, bro. The Godfather it's not. But it doesn't need to be... that's fine. I like it anyway.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 11:51 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

For anyone considering buying the Silent Hill movie:

I did a little bit of reading and for some reason they didn't put any of the making of featurette on the blu-ray, so I decided to buy the DVD version instead, and well, the making of featurette is actually quite good. It's about an hour long, and I really enjoyed it. Shows the creatures, sets, actors, director, choreographer, etc. Great making of documentary.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 04:09 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Hell-Lord

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Just going by the film, bro. The Godfather it's not. But it doesn't need to be... that's fine. I like it anyway.

I know what your're getting at, but as for The Godfather it's boring regardless.... for me anyway.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 02:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

Well, I actually think the screenwriters did a pretty good job with a flimsy premise. The movie works because of good atmosphere, direction, and performances. Plus the violence, weird creatures, and irreverance...

big grin

From your link up there, Kazenj...

I don't really understand this. Are these producers incompetent or something? Shouldn't they have a pretty solid idea for how to release a film before it's finished? Or maybe it turned out so bad that they are afraid to put it in theaters and are thinking straight-to-video? Or vice versa?

What they mean by that is "when is it not going to go up against one of the box office juggernauts of the year...aka...Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus, The Hobbit...And to a lesser extent... Skyfall, Breaking Dawn 2, MIBIII, Spiderman, Dredd, Total Recall, Bourne Legacy...and a whole load of other movies that will no doubt be totally shit but still be the type of thing that idiots go to in their droves.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 4th, 2012 02:36 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Hell-Lord

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 04:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

Hm... Il'll have ot watch again when I'm not druink... hhaaha.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 06:47 AM
Kazenji
Hell-Lord

I've never done that for any movie.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 08:34 AM
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

Originally posted by Kazenji
I've never done that for any movie.

Never done what?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2012 03:54 AM
Kazenji
Hell-Lord

Boozing up.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2012 03:58 AM
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

You're missing out. It improves some movies.

I wasn't drinking while watching movies, though. I was beer-ponging. I got pretty damn drunk.

Not sure what I think about that clip up there. I don't really get the same creepy mood from the first one. I mean, it may not be a fair clip, though.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2012 02:56 PM
Kazenji
Hell-Lord

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 05:27 AM
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

Hmm.. looks like it might be fun. Who is the girl? Was she in the first film? (Sorry, I'm clueless when it comes to the characters / games)

IMDB says Radha Mitchell is in it, but I didn't see her. She's mainly what I liked so much about the first one. And IMDB also says Carrie Anne Moss is in it?? huh.. I guess she has tons of prosthetic makeup on or something, cuz I didn't recognize her at all.

(This Link says it's based on Silent Hill 3 videogame.)

But neat. I'm actually kind of looking forward to this. I just like all the creepy effects and characters.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 01:38 PM
Kazenji
Hell-Lord

Hmm.. looks like it might be fun. Who is the girl? Was she in the first film? (Sorry, I'm clueless when it comes to the characters / games)

Nope, She wasn't in the first movie

(This Link says it's based on Silent Hill 3 videogame.)

All true there....

also says Sean Bean's character who was also in the first movie is her father for this sequel

Wonder if we will see a pink rabbit for this movie
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Robbie_the_Rabbit

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 01:51 PM
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

Making a point to see this this week.. it's at my local cheap theater.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2012 08:03 PM
Kazenji
Hell-Lord

Hasn't even had its cinema run here

probably get a dvd release.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 05:28 AM
Patient_Leech
9 fvcking years

Mmm.. erm

Didn't like it. I think it was an honest attempt, but it didn't have the same creepy, moody, and hypnotic direction that the first one did. thumb down

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 02:38 AM
Emi~Kiro
Duchess Nukem

Didnt like pyramidHead being the 'hero' at the end. I understand he was the 'protector' but I honestly wanted to see her overcome all that crazy on her own. The nurse scene was fun but I wanted more creepy moments, I felt cheated when that guy put the pieces of whatever inside him and transformed into that twisted skin monster only to be killed five seconds later simply by reaching in and removing what he stuck inside himself. Fun watch but not what I thought it would be. Reminded me a little of nightmare on elm street with the waking nightmare type slips into silent hill.

I am Omega. :3

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 08:31 AM
Emi~Kiro is currently offline Click here to Send Emi~Kiro a Private Message Find more posts by Emi~Kiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Heir of Slytherin

Is this movie worth renting ?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 06:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote