KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » The Suggestion Thread

The Suggestion Thread
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (334): « First ... « 328 329 [330] 331 332 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Impediment for Admin. I'll be your campaign manager.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 06:51 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I have a suggestion unrelated to the heady thrill of seeing an admin in the flesh (although his presence makes it a bit more feasible).

Would it be possible to toggle visibility of other people's signatures? I've had to block people because of particularly racy avatars or signatures; the looping gifs of breasts (or any explicit mention of sex, really) are a bit much for someone reading over your shoulder with no context at all.

I don't think that a full block should be the only possible solution; I really had no grudge against the people in question. Browsing in the same room as a boss, however, became treacherous very quickly.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 07:53 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Assuming that boss of yours saw steverules' avatar and stuff, I guess that's no surprise, lol. But now that you bring it up, you'd think a feature like that would exist here.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 08:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zampanó
I have a suggestion unrelated to the heady thrill of seeing an admin in the flesh (although his presence makes it a bit more feasible).

Would it be possible to toggle visibility of other people's signatures? I've had to block people because of particularly racy avatars or signatures; the looping gifs of breasts (or any explicit mention of sex, really) are a bit much for someone reading over your shoulder with no context at all.

I don't think that a full block should be the only possible solution; I really had no grudge against the people in question. Browsing in the same room as a boss, however, became treacherous very quickly.

AdBlock, you can block individual images.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 03:42 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Nice of you to make your annual post.
I'm sticking around this time wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2012 03:11 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Originally posted by Barker
Raz, can we get a comment on if forum software will ever be upgraded? It looks like we're on vBulletin 2.0 (though haermm I have NFI about that) and 4.0 has been out almost two years now?

Or at least if we can have the forum made tapatalk compatible?
Whats tapatalk?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2012 03:12 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Raz

Does this count as the official second coming then?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2012 03:20 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Raz
Whats tapatalk?

http://tapatalk.com/faq.php

Just a forums app for smartphones. It's a little easier posting this way than using a browser.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 19th, 2012 03:26 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I would LOVE that, for the record. I use my tablet and iPod for web browsing a lot as of late.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2012 04:13 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Raz

Good! happy

And yes, Tapatalk would be amazing to implement. A lot of us use our smartphones or tablets for the internet these days and the forum just doesn't scale down for us to post properly. Tapatalk would make it so much more enjoyable to browse KMC from the comfort of wherever we have our mobile device.

EDIT: Also, I would love if we could get KMC upgraded to vBulletin 4.0. KMC needs a major overhaul in looks, features and what forums we have. It needs to be streamlined and more "modern".

Last edited by LanceWindu on Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2012 11:21 PM
Badabing
Karen

Just a forums app for smartphones. It's a little easier posting this way than using a browser.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 20th, 2012 12:19 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Hell yes, smartphone forum browsing would be awesome. Tapatalk implementation is like visiting the future, but then you get off and realize you live in a potato cuz that one guy Marty owes you money, but he never pays you back even though he says he will; and it's like, "Why are we still friends, Marty?!" So yeah, Tapatalk would be pretty cool.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2012 10:58 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Good! happy

And yes, Tapatalk would be amazing to implement. A lot of us use our smartphones or tablets for the internet these days and the forum just doesn't scale down for us to post properly. Tapatalk would make it so much more enjoyable to browse KMC from the comfort of wherever we have our mobile device.

EDIT: Also, I would love if we could get KMC upgraded to vBulletin 4.0. KMC needs a major overhaul in looks, features and what forums we have. It needs to be streamlined and more "modern".

Agreed.

Also reading up, it looks like you need to be on at least vBulletin 3.6 to use Tapatalk, which i'm 99% sure KMC isn't on.

If you need to raise some funds for the upgrade, Raz, I'm willing to donate, and I bet more than a few more members here are too. I think an upgrade there would do a TON to help revitalize the forums.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2012 11:05 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

That looks really interesting! I'll have a look into it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 02:48 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Raz

So far, it's not seeming like you're back for good. sad

Over a month since you've posted already.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 08:13 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Raz! You're back!

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 11:35 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

There are a handful of spam threads that have been on the front page of the OTF for days now.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2012 05:15 PM
LanceWindu

There are a handful of spam threads that have been on the front page of the OTF for days now.

I've reported the posts of Spam accounts and I haven't seen anything being done. The accounts are bots from what I can tell.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 06:38 AM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Raz

3 months and counting.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 03:04 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav

[quickquote=14088679](auto quote)[/quickquote

lol. Maintain your vigil!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 03:01 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote