KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Another trilogy coming?

Another trilogy coming?
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I didn't think they were that kiddy. Maybe Phantom menace was, but I didn't ROTS was very kiddy. That was the first & probably will always be the last star wars film to get a 12a certificate, or PG-13 if you live in the USA.

Jar Jar was kiddy, but there again so were ewoks and caravan of courage & the battle for endor. I think lucas knew he made a mistake with Jar Jar, that is why he pretty much disappeared in II & III.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 09:28 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Jar Jar was kiddy, but there again so were ewoks and caravan of courage & the battle for endor. I think lucas knew he made a mistake with Jar Jar, that is why he pretty much disappeared in II & III.

I was quite neutral about Jar Jar myself, C-3P0 and R2 are just as gaffe-prone. I think it was the voice rather than anything he ever did, sounded a bit dopey whereas the Ewoks, Jawas or the droids were not so bad in terms of the noises they made.

I always use the Crazy Frog as a yardstick of 'most annoying' voice then work my way up so Jar Jar wasn't that bad after all.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

I'd be up for a sequel trilogy.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 01:57 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

The Darth Bane trilogy would be fantastic if done correctly. As i was reading them i was thinking "this would be awesome as a movie"

It really explains alot about the Sith and why the operate with only two at a time and all that jazz

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2012 03:41 PM
Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Originally posted by sweersa
I'd be up for a sequel trilogy.

No-one cares what you think or want.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 08:33 PM
Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by juggerman
The Darth Bane trilogy would be fantastic if done correctly. As i was reading them i was thinking "this would be awesome as a movie"

It really explains alot about the Sith and why the operate with only two at a time and all that jazz

Why do so many people want movies that EXPLAIN things. If anything ruins movies it's unnecessary exposition.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2012 01:57 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Because movies that leave you wondering too much are complete garbage. Like the writer just gets lazy and says "Eh let them figure out their own story. It's whatever they WANT it to be OOOOOOHHHHHHH AAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

Not saying that Star Wars leaves you wondering but Bane's Trilogy could be fantastic and it goes back to the old ways and why the Sith never could win when they had a million of them.

Just seems like a good idea to me

Old Post Aug 15th, 2012 05:18 PM
Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

If the stroy is good, it IS a good idea. But hardly for the concept of EXPLAINING.

After all, we didn't really need the PT to understand the OT, did we?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2012 08:22 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I never said it was a good idea BECAUSE it explained anything. That's just a point i find interesting and would make for a good link to the other ones.

It's what would make it connect instead of just being a random event that happened a thousand years earlier.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 04:08 PM
queeq
Chaos

There, you said it. The E- word... You said you loved the idea because it EXPLAINS a lot about the Sith.

That's the line I was responding to.

And again: you suggest you need connection for some reason. We never needed connection before. We didn't need it in the OT and we don't need it for the PT. If it's a good story, that should be its ONLY merit.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 07:51 AM
juggerman

quote:

quote:
There, you said it. The E- word... You said you loved the idea because it EXPLAINS a lot about the Sith.

And where exactly was that B- word again? You know the one im talking about right? "Because". I never said i love it "because" of that like you are claiming. I said it would make an awesome movie. Granted i probably should have said "and" before the 2nd line but that wasn't the point i was trying to make. Sorry for the confusion but they were to seperate thoughts

Maybe it's just me but i like when movies from the same universe connect in some way. It doesn't have to be huge and in your face but it's interesting. They wouldn't need to say "hey and this is why there are only two Sith at a time during the time when Skywalker is brought to the Jedi" but it would explain it none the less as soon as it was implemented

Last edited by juggerman on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 12:02 PM
queeq
Chaos

I agree that the only-two-sith is kinda out of the blue. But the problem lies in the PT, and the solution does not lie in making a whole new film to explain it.

It's fantasy, you just have to accept certain things.

But frankly, Star Wars should be left alone now. Until maybe some day, when Hollywood is still out of original ideas, they can do a really good reboot. But I think it's good as it is.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:19 PM
juggerman

The point wasn't to make a whole new trilogy to explain a few thing in the older ones. The point was simply that i believe the Darth Bane saga was very interesting and if done correctly would be amazing on the big screen.

They can't leave out the beginning of the Rule of Two and stay true to the source imo. Bane's whole story is based on the way he destroyed and rebuilt the Sith to eventually rule. It's just a part of the story that will explain something else but that's not the reason i enjoyed it or the reason it would make a good film.

I agree it should be a good while before they make another movie or trilogy if they ever do

Last edited by juggerman on Aug 23rd, 2012 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:50 PM
queeq
Chaos

You're using the E-word again. wink

Old Post Aug 24th, 2012 01:43 PM
juggerman

Again look at the context. It WOULD explain something. Im not saying it needs to be explained just that it would be in the process.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 01:17 AM
coolmovies

Again look at the context. It WOULD explain something. Im not saying it needs to be explained just that it would be in the process.

ANOTHER TRILOGY ?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 11:37 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so.. i asked this already in the other thread.. is christian bale available?? big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 05:29 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so.. i asked this already in the other thread.. is christian bale available?? big grin

Lol who do you want him to play? I suppose if he grew a beard he could be an older Luke. Better than a 60+ Mark Hamill playing him!

Also does anyone else think Bradley Cooper would be a good Han Solo? Or is it just me??

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 12:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, no need for this thread any more.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 12:57 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote