KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Rancor victims...

Rancor victims...
Started by: fizzle12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fizzle12

Rancor victims...

So in ROTJ there are really only 2 victims of the rancor monster ... the pig-guard and the dancing girl.

Maybe this is kind of bad, but when I watch Return of the Jedi, I actually feel a little more sympathy when the gamorrean guard gets eaten by the Rancor than I do for Jabba's slave dancer.

I'm sure Lucas didn't really intend that, but to me, I think it's awful that Jabba & his courtiers are laughing at the guard, who was really just trying to do his job, as opposed to when they all laugh at the dancing girl, because she was legitimately doing something kinda wrong (trying to escape Jabba I think). Weird thought.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2013 11:35 PM
Click here to Send fizzle12 a Private Message Find more posts by fizzle12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yeah, I remember feeling bad for the guard too. He accidentally fell in and they still released the rancor even after he was doings his job and saved Jabba by grabbing Luke. Jabba was a prick

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 01:12 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe they laughed because they found it funny that he fell in accidentally: "Sucker!"

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 09:59 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StonedGremlin

It's probably the most disturbing death in the entire Star Wars saga, seriously! Why the hell were his buddies laughing at him? And, gah, that must have been one painful ass death! sad

Old Post Jan 24th, 2013 01:30 PM
Click here to Send StonedGremlin a Private Message Find more posts by StonedGremlin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, they ARE pigs.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2013 07:28 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

ruthless bastards

Old Post Jan 24th, 2013 10:41 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Quite, choke em all, I say.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 09:32 AM
StonedGremlin

When the rancor dies, the guard's "friends" stop laughing immediatly. Maybe, they weren't laughing specifically at their friend, but at Luke? Or what do I know, haha. Weird scene nonetheless!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 02:45 PM
Click here to Send StonedGremlin a Private Message Find more posts by StonedGremlin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

They stop laughing because their friend has died... the rancor.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 08:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

and also he also was only allowed at after 9 O'clock.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 08:51 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Yeah, I remember feeling bad for the guard too. He accidentally fell in and they still released the rancor even after he was doings his job and saved Jabba by grabbing Luke. Jabba was a prick

Jabba is a cold-ass Huttpimp.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Jan 30th, 2013 at 09:26 AM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 09:22 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And a fat one too.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 08:05 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

The other guard starts crying when the Rancor died. Funny, they must have loved the Rancor more than anything

Kinda reminds me of how people in real life can be more sympathetic to poor animals than to people

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 12:32 AM
queeq
Chaos

Didn't you know ROTJ is a very critical societal film. All the fx and lightsabres and fights, there are all a front. wink

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 08:12 AM