KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Old Jedi ghosts in new trilogy

Old Jedi ghosts in new trilogy
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gambler
You are confusing Tarantino's SLJ with SW SLJ. He was useless as a Jedi, and it's better if Mace Windu is decorating a concrete sidewalk in lower Cosruscant.

I liked him as Mace, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 08:39 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by -Pr-
Blech. It was a horrible miscast of such a good SLJ. We'll never get the warranty on it now.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Maybe you were influenced by books and comic books? Anyway, I respect your opinion.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Somehow those two sentences appear to contradict...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

let sleeping jedi lie, i say.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 10:53 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

even the falling Jedi

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 07:31 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I hope they don't reprise their roles. For continueity's sake, I hate the idea of Ewan returning! It would look weird, for Obi Wan to still be a Force Ghost, but for him to look different from what he did in Episodes 4-6, unless they give an explanation, maybe he chose to go back to looking like his younger self. I personally hope we don't get Obi Wan or as a Ghost. I don't see why it would come in nessasery, unless Luke's the main character (which I honestly hope he isn't) I wouldn't mind so much if they use Hayden Christianso as Anakin though.
But if they use Ewan, it wouldn't look right next to the OT. Tey'd end up having to make a special edition where they cut-out Allec Guiness in the OT & replace him with Ewan, which would be kinda disrespectful to Alec Guness, but I'd rather that, than a massave continueity erros. I absalutly loath continueity eros entirely. That's why I like a lot of the SE changes so much!

Last edited by C-3POTheClever on Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 11:04 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

if they have ewan in old man makeup i will not see this film unless downloaded in an illegal fashion.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 14th, 2013 01:08 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Blech. It was a horrible miscast of such a good SLJ. We'll never get the warranty on it now.

you felt he would have been better used in a different role? Or that he should have simply been better written?

Originally posted by Gambler
Maybe you were influenced by books and comic books? Anyway, I respect your opinion.

I do like him from the books/comics/shows/games, but I liked him before that too. The man beheaded a Fett and knocked the emperor on his ass. Even if Anakin sucker-sabered him, that was still pretty impressive.

==

I honestly don't mind either way if they bring them back or want to use something fresh. If they DO decide to bring back Mace or Obi-Wan though, I would like to see them portrayed by their original actors.

I just find it odd that we know so little about Episode 7's plot right now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2013 04:54 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I assume that's because it doesn't exist. I wouldn't mind it being pushed back actually.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2013 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ushgarak
I assume that's because it doesn't exist. I wouldn't mind it being pushed back actually.

I'm curious to see what Abrams and co are coming up with; I just hope it's good star wars. That's all I want.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2013 05:31 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

you felt he would have been better used in a different role? Or that he should have simply been better written?
Mace Windu as a character is... an okay idea. A wise, calm, stern, master who still comes as of as totally pimpin'. Of course, he (along with absolutely everything else in the Prequels) needs to be totally rewritten so he's not boring and disappointing. But Sam Jackson is not that kind of actor. There are plenty of other black actors out there that could pull of Mace Windu, but SLJ just doesn't fit. He should be the crazy, renegade badass who does things his way. He should have been the older, ass-kicking military captain, or smuggler, or criminal, or cop that Obi-Wan is friends with or something. Just not a Jedi.

Honestly I'd rather SLJ just wasn't in Star Wars.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2013 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree... they gave him a boring character.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2013 11:09 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Honestly I'd rather SLJ just wasn't in Star Wars.

It was just being nice to SLJ who was literally begging to be in the movie. His fan boy dreams were met well beyond his expectations when Lucas made him the No.2 Jedi right behind Yoda.

But yeah the actual character really didn't bring anything to SW, except help highlight how blind the Jedi were.

Episode I

SLJ: "I do not believe the Sith could have returned without us knowing.."

Liam Neeson: "Urm I kind of saw one and fought him.."

Episode 2

Natalie Portman: "I think Count Dooku is behind this"

SLJ: "Nah trust me my old pal Dooku's cool.."

Episode 3:

SLJ: "I sense the dark side of the force surrounding Chancellor Palpatine.."

Anakin: "The Chancellor is a Sith Lord"

SLJ: "A Sith Lord?? Are you sure?? I mean are you really sure? Because Dude seriously that makes no sense!"

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Episode 3:

"Just gonna slowly prep for a big swing to kill Palpatine. Extending my arm a couple of inches just wouldn't be epic enough"

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 11:19 PM
Darth Thor

Well if this is true then it'd be pretty easy (by comparison) to have the Alec Guiness Obi-Wan force ghost come back:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...-slipper-issues

I believe they did something similar for Superman Returns giving Marlon Brando new lines.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 12:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Can't have Obiwan come back...there's no Alec Guinness
Can't have anakin come back...there's no Sebastian shaw
There's the blu ray edition Hayden, but yes, that is a stupid idea....as his force ghost is good anakin.

Qui gon, totally can return. He was the first to learn the path to immortality so that would make sense....

Can't have Mace come back, as he didn't learn the path to immortality.

Yoda would definitely be cool to return.....

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 07:02 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Perhaps yoda could explain how to force was sleeping the whole time.....

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 07:27 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And then what? Hardly anyone in the new trilogy knows these guys? So if ghosts would appear, it'd be Luke having a cosy pow-wow with his ghostly pals in a cave somewhere? Nah... ghosts are done.

The only one entitled to appear as a ghost one day is Luke.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 08:05 AM
Darth Thor

Well I'm sure we'd know by now if they(any of the OT Ghosts) were in it. No matter how secretive Abrams is.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 10:36 AM