KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Do you really want new Star Wars?

Do you really want more Star Wars?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 12 34.29%
No 5 14.29%
Dont Care 1 2.86%
Depends on the actual story 17 48.57%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Do you really want new Star Wars?
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Do you really want new Star Wars?

The original naive thinking was star wars ended after EP VI. Do you really want more Star Wars?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 08:51 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

I only said yes because there was no Hell Yeah option.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

Even if they're awful I'll enjoy being disappointed by them.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

I'm going to love the anticipation, it'll be one hell of a rush.

But it really does depend on the story.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 05:54 AM
Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm indifferent.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Imaginary
I'm going to love the anticipation, it'll be one hell of a rush.

But it really does depend on the story.

Pretty much.

In the end, it's ****ing Star Wars. I can't not want it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 06:04 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I don't want there to be, because to me the Star Wars saga feels complete as 6 film's, & I especially don't lik the idea of sequels to Episode 6. Episode 6 is the perfect ending!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 03:03 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well we don't "Need" it. But I'm sure many of us would "Want" it.

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I don't want there to be, because to me the Star Wars saga feels complete as 6 film's, & I especially don't lik the idea of sequels to Episode 6. Episode 6 is the perfect ending!

Was a perfect ending before the PT. Now there seems to be a few unanswered questions.

Either way though Luke and Leia maybe in the new ones, I doubt the story will focus on the Skywalkers anymore. I think their main story ended with ROTJ.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 04:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Either way though Luke and Leia maybe in the new ones, I doubt the story will focus on the Skywalkers anymore. I think their main story ended with ROTJ.

sure they really dont have much to do with anything after ep6 besides the rebirth of the jedi order. boooooooriiiiiiing. i want to see more congressional debates over the taxation of trade routes. EP7: rise of the new legislative process

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 04:54 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by focus4chumps
i want to see more congressional debates over the taxation of trade routes.

I actually enjoyed those parts embarrasment

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

As others have argued, the film was actually complete with 3 films: the OT.

We already knew how the PT ended.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 04:58 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Well, I thought the Prequels explaned some rather important things, & I've herd that it was his intention to make a Episodes 1-3 in the first place, but there wasn't enough tecnolagy. But at the same time; it's true that there are some unaswerd questions & the Prequels certainly could have been better.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 11:39 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

morbid curiosity plus a fool's hope = yes for me.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 12:50 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Well, I thought the Prequels explaned some rather important things
?

I say no only because I don't want to see the OT characters dragged out from the depths of cinematic history with 30+ years of age to their faces simply for the sake of getting fanboys hard. I'm fine with this universe being explored more on film, but I think the characters from the OT need to be let go. They've already emasculated Indiana Jones, leave Han Solo and friends alone. Come up with new characters who we actually feel a new-found sense of curiosity for, and who we know will be in some kind of danger (we all know they won't actually endanger Luke or Leia etc. in any way).

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I went through a wide range of emotions when I first heard the news. I was excited, yet concerned, then in denial, then pessimistic, now I am totally fine with it, but I don't think its going to hit me until I see the first trailer. I still can't get over the fact of "hey we're making a new trilogy, but we have no script what so ever."

Making more movies just to make them, bugs me

Whatever, this was going to happen at some point. I would rather see the series continue rather than be rebooted ( I am so sick of that shit). Comic book movies I understand, everything else, dumb.

It's going to be interesting to see.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 06:25 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Well, I thought there would be more true OT fans saying no.

I'm guessing there just not around or gave up with star wars after the PT. I didn't mind the PT and I thought I was a die hard OT fan.

With new star wars there's a big chance (risk) that it would totally ruin it. Then again, I think of Indiana Jones, and its easy to forget about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Although, Indiana Jones is no where as good as star wars in my books.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 05:56 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Well, I thought there would be more true OT fans saying no.
Ahem.

Temple of Doom gets too many free passes. It was sporadically bad thanks to Willy and Short Round. Crystal Skull was uniformly bad.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 06:26 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm an OT fan, ever since I had the original movies on VHS.

There's no reason that a new movie has to be as bad as the prequels managed to be at times.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 09:59 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Ahem.

Temple of Doom gets too many free passes. It was sporadically bad thanks to Willy and Short Round. Crystal Skull was uniformly bad.

The only problem I had with Temple doom was it was based in 1935, a prequel to Raiders which was 1936. Then in the beginning of Raiders, Indiana doesn't believe in supernatural stuff, after seeing all the craziness in Temple of doom? Terrible plot hole

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 12:48 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well, I would like to see Hamill as and old and wise Master Luke.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 09:14 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote