KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy

Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy
Started by: Placidity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There are a bunch of rumours floating around that this show's been cancelled. I hope it's not true...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 02:22 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
There are a bunch of rumours floating around that this show's been cancelled. I hope it's not true...

Who cancels it? Is it Catoon Network?

Shouldn't be a problem since Disney could just air it on one of their channels. Or is that not how it works?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mnat801

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I've put them as approx in the same level. Because Kenobi has displayed more skill but Maul more power in the Force.
Which is supported by what? Maul pushing the ship over the cliff in Revival? If so, what supports the fact that Kenobi can't do the same?

They're equal when fighting each other but Skywalker has proven himself the more lethal foe against other opponents.
Which shows that he's more lethal than those other opponents, but not more lethal than Kenobi. Because Dooku seemed to be more lethal against Kenobi than Anakin was, but that doesn't make Dooku more superior than Anakin as of ROTS now does it?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 04:54 AM
Click here to Send mnat801 a Private Message Find more posts by mnat801 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by mnat801
Which is supported by what? Maul pushing the ship over the cliff in Revival? If so, what supports the fact that Kenobi can't do the same?

Because Maul knocked him out with the Force. And he easily levitated him earlier with the Force. He also easily Force Choked Kenobi in a one on one in the Comic Sith Hunters set in between seasons 4 and 5 of TCW which has a special thanks to Dave Filoni and Katie Lucas.

So if you think Kenobi is a match for him in the force then your the only one. So it's for you to prove that. Not for me to assume for absolutely no reason that Kenobi can do the same feats.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 11:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

How can that comic be canon?

TBH, I don't think Maul is more powerful in the force than Kenobi. I do think, though, that he has more of a tendency to use it in fights.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 02:53 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

TBH, I don't think Maul is more powerful in the force than Kenobi. I do think, though, that he has more of a tendency to use it in fights.

I can't imagine Obi-Wan equaling Maul in skill or power in the Force and allowing himself to be ragdolled by Maul as frequently as he has been.

Off the top of my head, Obi-Wan has been on the receiving end of a Force pimpsmack from Maul in almost every encounter between them. Once in TPM, once in Sith Hunters, twice in "Revival," and once in "The Lawless" (though, to be fair, Obi-Wan was clearly dazed there).

Even if we disregard Maul's greater power, it cannot be denied that he is infinitely more skilled and clever in the application of the Force in combat than is Obi-Wan.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 04:24 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

How can that comic be canon?

Dave Filoni and Katie Lucas both contributed to that comic. It actually filled in a lot of blanks about Maul's survival.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 04:59 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by The_Tempest
I can't imagine Obi-Wan equaling Maul in skill or power in the Force and allowing himself to be ragdolled by Maul as frequently as he has been.

Off the top of my head, Obi-Wan has been on the receiving end of a Force pimpsmack from Maul in almost every encounter between them. Once in TPM, once in Sith Hunters, twice in "Revival," and once in "The Lawless" (though, to be fair, Obi-Wan was clearly dazed there).

Even if we disregard Maul's greater power, it cannot be denied that he is infinitely more skilled and clever in the application of the Force in combat than is Obi-Wan.

I thought I had already implied that.

Dave Filoni and Katie Lucas both contributed to that comic. It actually filled in a lot of blanks about Maul's survival.

But I thought Obi-Wan only ran in to Maul for the first time in season 5. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 05:41 PM
Darth Thor

But I thought Obi-Wan only ran in to Maul for the first time in season 5. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

Not specified as far as I remember. But we do know Obi-Wan and the Jedi had been hunting for him between Seasons 4 & 5. The comic was about one of those failed missions to capture the Brothers.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 05:51 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Okay I just checked. I was remembering the last episode of season 4 as the start of season 5. My bad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 06:30 PM
The_Tempest

quote:
-PR-
I thought I had already implied that.

I've often found that implications often lead to mixed signals, which mutates into hurt feelings, culminating in premeditated murder.

I've been hurt before.

Better we just set aside implication for blunt statement.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 08:40 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by The_Tempest
I've often found that implications often lead to mixed signals, which mutates into hurt feelings, culminating in premeditated murder.

I've been hurt before.

Better we just set aside implication for blunt statement.

laughing out loud Okay.

I don't think Maul is particularly more powerful in the force than CW/ROTS Kenobi. I do think, though, that he is more accustomed to using it in fights, and does use it more effectively.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 08:44 PM
The_Tempest

Much more effectively, really.

There is merit to your argument, I think. Feats alone do not confer absolute superiority: simply because Maul can tug starships around like a child's toy doesn't necessarily mean that Obi-Wan is incapable of it.

That said, it is difficult to ignore the consistent trend of Obi-Wan channeling the Fail Side of the Force with respect to TK in fights. I'd probably say that Maul is stronger in the Force/the dark side than is Obi-Wan, but that's due to a number of factors.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 08:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Obi-Wan has used the force a little in fights. Against Grievous most notably, against Anakin, and he did use it in his first fight with Maul to keep the guy off balance, so he's not entirely useless.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 08:59 PM
The_Tempest

Obi-Wan has used the force a little in fights. Against Grievous most notably, against Anakin, and he did use it in his first fight with Maul to keep the guy off balance, so he's not entirely useless.

Yeah, I remember his "charged" push against Grievous in ROTS (Maul would have chuckled at its quaintness).

Speaking of that fight, since when was "I don't think so" the standard for witty responses?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 09:02 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Since they let Lucas write dialogue, I guess.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 09:05 PM
The_Tempest

I don't think so

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 09:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can't think of any other reason lol

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 09:08 PM
The_Tempest

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: u see wut i did thur?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 09:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol, yes, I did. And yours seemed more witty.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 09:10 PM