KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Favourite Lightsaber battles

Favourite Lightsaber Battle
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darth Maul vs Quigon/Obiwan (EP I) 7 21.88%
Count Dooku vs Obiwan/Anakin (EP II) 0 0%
Count Dooku vs Yoda (EP II) 2 6.25%
Count Dooku vs Obiwan/Anakin (EP III) 2 6.25%
Mace Windu vs Darth Sidious (EP III) 0 0%
Anakin vs Obiwan (EP III) 4 12.50%
Yoda vs Darth Sidious (EP III) 2 6.25%
Obiwan vs Darth Vader (EP IV) 1 3.13%
Luke vs Darth Vader (EP V) 7 21.88%
Luke vs Darth Vader (EP VI) 7 21.88%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favourite Lightsaber battles
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
perhaps its a matter of Anakin in ROTS not throwing away a perfectly good blue lightsaber. When he made his new one, he chose red afterwards

Well that's where changing the way the story went could have helped. I would have had Anakin helping Palpatine kill Windu as it happens. Palpatine relieves him of his blue one and presents him with a red one, thus bringing symbolism into play and with that affirming his initiation into the Sith. Yoda could then have found the blue one and passed it on to Obi-Wan after his fight with Palpatine.

I mean, its a small gripe to have I know but I don't have that Jedi vs Sith feel when I watch that fight. Having the red lightsaber there would have improved the fight, for me anyway.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2010 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I chose Luke vs. Darth Vader in Ep VI... it's the one that most emotional and also has the most at stake. It's the battle that settles both the fate of Luke and the Skywalker family as a whole, as well as the future of the rebellion and the Empire. No other fight has so much at stake.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 03:59 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

I liked Luke vs. Darth Vader Ep V, because it was the first episode of Star Wars I saw. I'm young lol

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 12:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Piggott a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Piggott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

EP I and VI in the lead. What happened to a Yoda vs Sidious

Old Post May 5th, 2011 01:27 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DopamineDarling

Darth Maul vs Quigon/Obiwan, great music.

Old Post May 11th, 2011 09:45 AM
Click here to Send DopamineDarling a Private Message Find more posts by DopamineDarling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

To me, Luke v Vader in ESB epitomizes the entire saga. Its filled fear, aprehension, overzealousness, conflict (internal and external), and it just kind of encompassed the very definition of struggle. I remember watching it and sitting up in the chair and getting excited as soon as Luke raises up into the room.

While the battle in ROTJ kinda brings everything full circle, I still prefer the ESB fight because neither of them knew what to expect. I loved it. I still do. Every now and then I still look it up online or throw the movie in and cue it up.

After that, I'd have to say Anakin v Ob1. Mainly for the asthetics and flash. PLUS, the emotion behind it. Brothers fighting to the death, so-to-speak. Not as powerful as the aformentioned fights, but still very well done.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post May 17th, 2011 12:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

A bit long though, and a bit silly with the flying platforms.

Old Post May 24th, 2011 05:35 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yeah, and dont forget the too many close ups and changing frames all the time

Still good though

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 04:09 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by JediRobin23
perhaps its a matter of Anakin in ROTS not throwing away a perfectly good blue lightsaber. When he made his new one, he chose red afterwards

It would be a massive plot hole if Obiwan did not get the blue lightsaber for Luke.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For emotion: Luke vs Vader in ROTJ.
For choreography: Maul vs Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

I thought the one at the end of Episode 3 was badly directed, very repetitive, with only a few moments of real innovation, and lacking in emotion until the end.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 04:45 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by -Pr-
For emotion: Luke vs Vader in ROTJ.
For choreography: Maul vs Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

I thought the one at the end of Episode 3 was badly directed, very repetitive, with only a few moments of real innovation, and lacking in emotion until the end.

I felt it was pretty entertaining all things considered. And I consider ESB the most emotional fight.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I enjoyed Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul better than the rest-in fact looking back it was the only part I liked about the film.

I don't know about any one else but I've always wondered why in Anakin vs Obi-Wan in ROTS he (Anakin) doesn't fight with a red lightsaber. Without the contrast between the two colours the fight looked messy to me.

Plus, from a symbolism side it would have given more weight to the fact he had been turned into a Sith.

All this talk of different colored Sabers. The color of light saber, per movie canon only, is based on who built it:
Obiwan trained Anakin to build his own light saber- blue like Obiwans
Palpatine trained Vader to build his light saber- red like Sidius'
Yoda trained Luke to build his light saber- green like Yoda's
Emotion and morals have nothing to do with the saber color, only the materials used to build them.

I voted for the Darth Maul fight, after 3 movies (4,5,6) of watching old men, part robots and unskilled Jedi swing light sabers, it was cool to see 3 well trained, top of their game, knights go at it for once.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by 003
Luke vs Darth Vader (EP V)

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 05:04 AM
Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

My 3 favourite duels are the main one's in 1, 3 & 6.

Old Post May 27th, 2013 11:43 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

ESB and ROTJ. Not the best choreography, but emotionally they are far superior to all the other ones.

Old Post May 28th, 2013 07:24 AM