KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » What will Sidious do with Maul?

What will Sidious do with Maul?
Started by: mnat801

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mnat801

Does anyone think this "bonus content" will definitely include Maul's final showdown? It'll be pretty annoying if they don't.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 08:59 AM
Click here to Send mnat801 a Private Message Find more posts by mnat801 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mnat801
Does anyone think this "bonus content" will definitely include Maul's final showdown? It'll be pretty annoying if they don't.

IIRC they said they're still in production the final material. So I'm hoping if Maul's final showdown wasn't already done that they will be finishing that as we speak.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 10:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Vensai
It was early AOTC Kenobi anyway. He improved though.

Well yeah he defeated Ventress as early as the CW Movie.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 01:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by -Pr-
I was kidding, but what? People actually said that? Based on what?

The fact that Kit trashed Grievous in their first encounter to a degree not replicated by Obi-Wan until ROTS. Even as late as season 5, Grievous is giving Obi-Wan utter hell in single combat.

Additionally, Kit was one of the Temple's "celebrated swordmasters," was of similar rank and station (Council Master), and the spiel from The Cestus Deception where Obi-Wan aggressively fellates Kit for his skill.

quote:
It was early AOTC Kenobi anyway. He improved though.

TCD takes place a year after AOTC. The early episodes of TCW, on the other hand, take place "mere months" after AOTC per Leland Chee's Chronicling the Clone Wars.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 04:19 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Just so people are aware the time periods of the novels taken place during TCW have been revamped since TCW Series.

Dark Rendezvous for instance was originally set to take place only 6 months before ROTS.

But it now has to be revamped to before Ventress was betrayed by Dooku which was around Mid CW era according to Dave Filoni.

Cestus Deception will be revamped to very very early CW period. Like literally a few weeks after AOTC. It actually likely refers to one of the times Leeland Chee mentions Obi-Wan has already encountered Ventress before TCW Movie:

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/in...the-clone-wars/

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 19th, 2013 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 05:39 PM
The_Tempest

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 06:42 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by The_Tempest
The fact that Kit trashed Grievous in their first encounter to a degree not replicated by Obi-Wan until ROTS. Even as late as season 5, Grievous is giving Obi-Wan utter hell in single combat.

Additionally, Kit was one of the Temple's "celebrated swordmasters," was of similar rank and station (Council Master), and the spiel from The Cestus Deception where Obi-Wan aggressively fellates Kit for his skill.
thumb up

Hence Obi-Wan, an amazing swordsman in his own right, listing Kit as "one of the greatest swordsmen the Order has ever produced."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Just so people are aware the time periods of the novels taken place during TCW have been revamped since TCW Series.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 08:53 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Hence Obi-Wan, an amazing swordsman in his own right, listing Kit as "one of the greatest swordsmen the Order has ever produced."

Sounds right to me.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 09:03 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Hope you're not directing this repost at me, as the quote I posted was taken directly from the RotS novelization-- and I know what time period that takes place in. smile

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Funny you would think if I was truly on someone's Ignore List, they wouldn't even be reading my comments let alone directly addressing me.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 09:11 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The phuck are you talking about?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 11:05 PM
Vensai

TCD takes place a year after AOTC. The early episodes of TCW, on the other hand, take place "mere months" after AOTC per Leland Chee's Chronicling the Clone Wars.

Grievous seemed to have improved through to ROTS. He went from losing to Fisto to stalemating Windu in sabers.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Grievous seemed to have improved through to ROTS. He went from losing to Fisto to stalemating Windu in sabers.

I'm sure Grievous's skill improved. But LOE was written prior to Lucas's alterations to the character. Lucas, TCW, and Filoni make it abundantly clear that Grievous is no match for the big boys and that includes Mace.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 11:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Grievous wasn't a match for Mace-- he just wasn't killed in the few seconds they fought. Tbh, I think Mace was caught off guard more than anything, as he clearly didn't know that GG was capable of mimicking advanced/unique lightsaber styles, like his own Vaapad, on the fly.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 19th, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 11:40 PM
Vensai

Originally posted by Galan007
Grievous wasn't a match for Mace-- he just wasn't killed in the few seconds they fought. Tbh, I think Mace was caught off guard more than anything, as he clearly didn't know that GG was capable of mimicking advanced/unique lightsaber styles, like his own Vaapad, on the fly.

Since Grievous using two sabers hadn't been exposed to Vaapad yet, Wouldn't that be more grievous getting caught off guard and adapting? Regardless, Im not trying to prove that GG is maces equal only that he improved.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Nothing indicated that Grievous was caught off guard by Vaapad, whereas Mace decided to swiftly end the battle via other, more hands-off means, immediately after GG copied his technique.

Regardless, I know what you're saying. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 20th, 2013 at 04:01 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 03:57 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd read about Kit's status, though I don't think complimenting someone automatically means they're better than you.

Yes, Fisto did well against Grievous, but I have a hard time believing he'd be > CW/ROTS Obi-Wan, given Obi-Wan's feats.

That, and they can't really have Obi-Wan beating Grievous in CW, as Grievous has to survive until ROTS.

I dunno, I mean, I guess I can see why you and others think Fisto is superior; I just don't agree.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 04:04 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd read about Kit's status, though I don't think complimenting someone automatically means they're better than you.

Yes, Fisto did well against Grievous, but I have a hard time believing he'd be > CW/ROTS Obi-Wan, given Obi-Wan's feats.

That, and they can't really have Obi-Wan beating Grievous in CW, as Grievous has to survive until ROTS.

I dunno, I mean, I guess I can see why you and others think Fisto is superior; I just don't agree.

Eh, the Clone Wars has really messed up some places in the powerscale. Since Filoni stated that Savage Opress did better than Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar combined against Sidious, I really doubt Fisto's one jarkai feat makes him equal to even CW Kenobi.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 04:36 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Eh, the Clone Wars has really messed up some places in the powerscale. Since Filoni stated that Savage Opress did better than Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar combined against Sidious, I really doubt Fisto's one jarkai feat makes him equal to even CW Kenobi.
He really said that? What a tard. Meh, I guess in terms of how long they lasted, Savage did do better.

However, the argument can be made that Palpatine's demeanor during those two fights was completely different. Against Savage and Maul, Palpatine appeared to be toying with them-- he was literally chuckling the entire time. Against the Jedi team, however, Palpatine was deadly serious and immediately went for killing strikes. Had Palps possessed the latter demeanor against the brothers, they(Savage for sure) likely would have met just as swift(if not swifter) of an end.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 20th, 2013 at 04:49 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 04:47 AM