KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Some questions about Luke and Leia's midichlorian count?

Some questions about Luke and Leia's midichlorian count?
Started by: PhoenixSam5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PhoenixSam5

Some questions about Luke and Leia's midichlorian count?

This is not an EU question. It's a question about the movies. George Lucas probably answered this question in one of his interviews, so it doens't involve the EU.

Was Leia's Force potential/midichlorian count the same as Luke's? I'm just curious.

Also, what was Luke's midichlorian count in comparison to Anakin's midichlorian count?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 04:01 AM
Click here to Send PhoenixSam5 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixSam5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Don't think Lucas talked about midiclorians in detail. Nobody liked them in EP I.

As for potential, Leia is the same. Luke didn't even know he had force potential until he met Obiwan in EP IV.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 06:40 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Don't think Lucas talked about midiclorians in detail. Nobody liked them in EP I.

As for potential, Leia is the same. Luke didn't even know he had force potential until he met Obiwan in EP IV.

I disagree with the majority of people on this issue. I liked the midichlorian idea a LOT.

How do you know that Leia had the same midichlorian count/force potential as Luke Skywalker?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 12:37 PM
Click here to Send PhoenixSam5 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixSam5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I think Luke has shown himself to be more powerful in force capability and potential, but that could be simply due to the fact that he's been training constantly since he was young. Leia not only started her training later than Luke, she didn't train as hard, nor did she continue training as intensely. She pretty much stopped and kept being a senator/mother, and only trained enough to keep herself formidable.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 02:02 PM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Originally posted by KingD19
I think Luke has shown himself to be more powerful in force capability and potential, but that could be simply due to the fact that he's been training constantly since he was young. Leia not only started her training later than Luke, she didn't train as hard, nor did she continue training as intensely. She pretty much stopped and kept being a senator/mother, and only trained enough to keep herself formidable.

Yeah, if Luke died or turned to the darkside at the end of ROTJ, the force ghosts of yoda and obi wan would train her to defeat the Sith. If luke could kill the Emperor, then so could Leia.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 02:48 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by PhoenixSam5
Was Leia's Force potential/midichlorian count the same as Luke's? I'm just curious.
Given that Kenobi/Yoda concurred that Leia was [also] capable of defeating Vader and the Emperor, her count would've likely been similar to Luke's, if not the same.

Also, what was Luke's midichlorian count in comparison to Anakin's midichlorian count?
The same. Luke is, essentially, what Anakin would have been had he not gone rotten.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Originally posted by Galan007
Given that Kenobi/Yoda concurred that Leia was [also] capable of defeating Vader and the Emperor, her count would've likely been similar to Luke's, if not the same.

The same. Luke is, essentially, what Anakin would have been had he not gone rotten.

Wait. So, Luke, by the time of ROTJ, was more powerful than the ROTJ Vader, or less powerful than him?

Are you also saying that Leia was just as powerful, if not more powerful than Vader?

Where did Lucas state that Luke was as powerful as Anakin would've been had he never been burned? Anakin would've been twice as powerful as Palpatine eventually, had he never gotten burned as Mustafar.

Was Luke during ROTJ twice as powerful as Palpatine during ROTJ?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 05:17 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Wait. So, Luke, by the time of ROTJ, was more powerful than the ROTJ Vader, or less powerful than him?
Hard to say. On one hand, Luke technically beat Vader with his shoddy bladework. On the other hand, Vader almost certainly was not going all-out.

Are you also saying that Leia was just as powerful, if not more powerful than Vader?
I'm saying that Leia, with an equal amount of Jedi training, likely could have been on par with Luke.

Where did Lucas state that Luke was as powerful as Anakin would've been had he never been burned?
ESB Director's Commentary.

Was Luke during ROTJ twice as powerful as Palpatine during ROTJ?
Luke was vastly inferior to Palpatine during RotJ-- he only became more powerful afterward. However, that delves into EU material which is forbidden here.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Hard to say. On one hand, Luke technically beat Vader with his shoddy bladework. On the other hand, Vader almost certainly was not going all-out.

I'm saying that Leia, with an equal amount of Jedi training, likely could have been on par with Luke.

ESB Director's Commentary.

Luke was vastly inferior to Palpatine during RotJ-- he only became more powerful afterward. However, that delves into EU material which is forbidden here.

Do you have a link for the ESB director's commentary where Lucas said that? Please, send me one!

Lucas said that Anakin would've been twice as powerful as Palpatine, and that Luke was just as powerful as Anakin had he never been burned. By that logic, Luke during ROTJ is twice as powerful as Palpatine, but you said that Palpatine was stronger than him. I'm confused. Please elaborate, this information seems a bit contradictory.

Was the OT Luke as powerful as Anakin would've been, twice as powerful as Palpatine?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 10:50 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Do you have a link for the ESB director's commentary where Lucas said that? Please, send me one!
You might be able to find it online. I own the DVD, so that's how/where I heard the quote.

Lucas said that Anakin would've been twice as powerful as Palpatine, and that Luke was just as powerful as Anakin had he never been burned. By that logic, Luke during ROTJ is twice as powerful as Palpatine, but you said that Palpatine was stronger than him. I'm confused. Please elaborate, this information seems a bit contradictory.
Luke had the potential to become what Anakin could have been sans the dark side. In the OT, however, he never realized that potential, thus he was inferior to Palpatine.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 26th, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:18 PM
PhoenixSam5

You might be able to find it online. I own the DVD, so that's how/where I heard the quote.

Luke had the potential to become what Anakin could have been sans the dark side. In the OT, however, he never realized that potential, thus he was inferior to Palpatine.

Could the OT Luke have killed Palpatine?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Directly? No way in hell.

RotJ Luke was little more then a talentless feeb next to Palpatine.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:29 PM
PhoenixSam5

Directly? No way in hell.

RotJ Luke was little more then a talentless feeb next to Palpatine.

I disagree. Yoda and Obi Wan depended on Luke to kill Vader and the Emperor to defeat the Empire and save the galaxy.

After all, there's a reason that Luke is called "a new hope" and "our only hope"!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:31 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I disagree. Yoda and Obi Wan depended on Luke to kill Vader and the Emperor to defeat the Empire and save the galaxy.

After all, there's a reason that Luke is called "a new hope" and "our only hope"!

Obiwan and Yoda were wise. They most likely decided to train Luke as he was unknown to the Imperials. As, for Leia, well you know....

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 01:01 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Obiwan and Yoda were wise. They most likely decided to train Luke as he was unknown to the Imperials. As, for Leia, well you know....

I don't see how that's an arguement against what I said. Unless you agree with me, which I like! big grin

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 01:34 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

At the time of RotJ, Luke was nothing in comparison to Palpatine. I'm not posing a question, I'm stating a fact.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 02:58 AM
PhoenixSam5

At the time of RotJ, Luke was nothing in comparison to Palpatine. I'm not posing a question, I'm stating a fact.

Just check out my other thread, people debated this in the "could luke and/or leia kill sidious" thread.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 03:41 AM
queeq
Chaos

All midichlorian threads should be wiped out. wink

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 07:25 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote