KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...

The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
What? They stalemated in ROTS.

Yoda seemed to have the upper hand in the lightsaber duel. He just idiotically didn't expect Sidious to use lightning on him when he confronted him after their pod tossing; if he had held onto his lightsaber, he probably would have won.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I missed two of your replies, sorry.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
how about in destructive force application?

Barring a Force nexus and preparation, no, I don't see Vitiate eclipsing Plagueis in destructive Force application. The shit Plagueis did to his Maladian Jedi killing attackers in the book while suffering from extreme blood loss and heart failure is extraordinary.

didnt yoda have the advantage with sabers, until palps started using force abilities, in which yoda semi overpowered sidious with tutaminis, until he unluckily flew of the pod, while sidious was able to stay on?

edit: correct me if im wrong

SIDIOUS_66 makes a convincing argument that Palpatine's disarming by Yoda was the product of the uneven terrain. Palpatine drops his lightsaber, per the script, when threatened with a fall from the Chancellor's podium. On flat terrain, that probably won't happen.

I could imagine that Yoda is a shade more skillful with his weapon, having actively used it far more than Sidious. Barring that, both are named masters of all 7 forms of combat and all the relevant sources indicate parity at best for Yoda.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 10:33 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

No.. the script take priority over the novel. Lucas own script makes it crystal clear what happened. Yoda DISARMS Sidious. No mention of him only losing it because of some terrain issue. Besides, even if that was the case.. both are fighting under such conditions and if yoda unleashes a furious attack and palps is sent reeling and had to recover his footing by dropping his weapon.. well yoda CAUSED that to happen. He didn't just trip and fail. In either case Yoda disarms palps.. and Lucas made that crystal clear.

How does Yoda struggle with Plag? That makes no sense to me.. Yoda is his absolute boss in sabers and I don't see any feats of Plag that leads me to believe he would overwhelm Yoda with the force. Yoda wins that fight and moderate difficulty at worst.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 10:43 PM
Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

SIDIOUS_66 makes a convincing argument that Palpatine's disarming by Yoda was the product of the uneven terrain.

It was actually Arhael who was the first to make that argument.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Ah, well, then credit to our dearly missed Arhael.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 10:48 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Besides, even if that was the case.. both are fighting under such conditions and if yoda unleashes a furious attack and palps is sent reeling and had to recover his footing by dropping his weapon.. well yoda CAUSED that to happen. He didn't just trip and fail. In either case Yoda disarms palps..

So I guess you agree then that Skywalker continuously driving back Kenobi meant he was winning the whole time right?

and Lucas made that crystal clear.

Lucas also made the whole on screen fight a stalemate.

A stalemate in which it's actually Yoda who runs in the end.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Why are you constantly wrong on things DP and yet try and argue them is beyond me. I like you buddy, but sometimes it gets tiring correcting you all the time.

1. The key difference being that it's kenobi STYLE to fight on the defensive.. which somtimes means giving ground wnen needed. This is in stark contrast to how Palps fights. Thus, Kenobi giving ground isn't the same as Palps or Yoda giving ground.

2. If Anakin had disarmed Kenobi from his aggressive attacks.. I wouldn't say Kenobi just dropped his saber because of uneven ground. I would say the EXACT same thing I'm saying here... Anakin FORCED kenobi to drop his saber from his attack. JUST LIKE Yoda FORCED Palps to drop his weapon from his attack.

3. To say nothing of the fact that Lucas says explicitly that yoda DISARMS Palps... anything in the novel sayign otherwise is non canon.

Next correction...

1. He didn't make the whole fight a stalemate actually.. He actually notes in his script that Yoda was gaining the upper hand and the emperor seems doomed. He even shows Yoda buckling down and getting serious and overpowering the emperor's lighting. Lucas also notes that Yoda disarms Sids in saber combat. So yes, while in the end it was a stalemate and I'm okay with calling it that... if anybody had the advantage and won it was Yoda not Sids

2. Did you forget that when both FRESH and ready to go Sids tried to run from Yoda FIRST... "if so powerful you are.. why run" Yoda only left after AFTER what... a 5 story drop after a long fight? Huge difference. To say nothing of the fact that Sids wanted Yoda dead... he tried to kill Yoda first in fact with his executive order to kill the Jedi... So Sids didn't jump down there to get the job done either.. He left himself and called for help... So let's act like yoda leaving means the lost... Sids tried to leave first when both were fresh and also didn't try and pursue yoda and kill him like he wanted and intented.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 11:08 PM
Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

U want to credit somebody for making a useless point? Guess that's okay.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 11:09 PM
The_Tempest

Speaking of credit, some of it goes to me for finding yet another source that says Palpatine is the most powerful Sith ever.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 11:18 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You sure you didn't get it from Silvers exhaustive list of them?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 11:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Nope. Silver borrowed plenty from myGideon's exhaustive search, added a few others that IGideon didn't know about.

But I found another one.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 11:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Okay.

In all seriousness I think all of these guys are at Yoda's level and can stalemate him more or less.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

pretty sure they're all < than yoda except RotS sidious and RotJ, the former most likely being equal.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 01:19 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...

Yoda (ROTS) runs a gauntlet! with full rests in btwn, how far does he get? Setting is on an open, flat terrain.

1. Darth Bane (DoE)
2. Darth Plagueis
3. Lord Vitiate
4. The Hero of Tython
5. (rematch): RotS Sidious
Boss: RotJ Sidious

1.Slaughters.
2.Barley takes a majority
3/4.Wins with some trouble
5.Loses barley or 5/5 split.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 01:40 AM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

I argued that in a debate with DP I believe before Arhael was even a member here. A debate in which DP argued that Yoda actually had a better advantage during his duel with Dooku on Geonosis because Yoda had a wall to leap on or something retarded like that. lol. Now, it might be possible that DP may have been convinced after Arhael argued the same thing, seeing how he was the ONLY one convinced by Arhael's argument that one doesn't limit himself when trying not to kill.

And I don't miss Arhael. He was like another Nai; they both never admitted when they were wrong. I mean, they both made good points sometimes and are far better debaters than the likes of LeGenD, DP, KT and your idiotic "lawyer" friend, I'll admit that, but not people I miss.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 02:52 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Re: The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...

1. Takes it with mid-difficulty
2. Takes it with high difficulty
3. Takes it with mid-high difficulty
4. Takes it with mid-difficulty
5. Takes it with extreme difficulty

Boss: Toss up.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda

What makes you think Yoda>Sidious?.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 03:22 AM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Re: Re: Re: The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...

Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
What makes you think Yoda>Sidious?.

I don't. Yoda is the superior swordsman, and Palpatine edges Yoda out in the force. If I had to give them stats it'd be.

Yoda:
Lightsaber: 100
Force: 98

Sidious:
Lightsaber: 95
Force: 100

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I argued that in a debate with DP I believe before Arhael was even a member here. A debate in which DP argued that Yoda actually had a better advantage during his duel with Dooku on Geonosis because Yoda had a wall to leap on or something retarded like that. lol. Now, it might be possible that DP may have been convinced after Arhael argued the same thing, seeing how he was the ONLY one convinced by Arhael's argument that one doesn't limit himself when trying not to kill.

And I don't miss Arhael. He was like another Nai; they both never admitted when they were wrong. I mean, they both made good points sometimes and are far better debaters than the likes of LeGenD, DP, KT and your idiotic "lawyer" friend, I'll admit that, but not people I miss.

Show me that thread.

Arhael came up with that argument when I showed him what it said in the ROTS script. And I never once saw you use that argument until he kept posting it.

But to be fair, yes your right, if that argument was just coming from you I probably would have ignored it.

And yes Yoda will be able to fight at his best when he can bounce around due to his style. Not that Dooku wasn't fighting at his best.

And stop bitching about people who were clearly better debators than you. I don't exactly remember the last time you admitted you were wrong either, even when the evidence is clearly piling up against you.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 08:15 AM
Zett

No.. the script take priority over the novel. Lucas own script makes it crystal clear what happened. Yoda DISARMS Sidious.(...) well yoda CAUSED that to happen. He didn't just trip and fail. In either case Yoda disarms palps.. and Lucas made that crystal clear.

(...)Yoda is his absolute boss in sabers

Agree here.

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
1. Takes it with mid-difficulty
2. Takes it with high difficulty
3. Takes it with mid-high difficulty
4. Takes it with mid-difficulty

Also agree.

But i don't think, that Sidious has any advantage over Yoda in the force. They are perfectly equal imo.

And my question: is ROTJ Sidious stronger then ROTS Sidious?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 08:26 AM
Click here to Send Zett a Private Message Find more posts by Zett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote