KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who would have liked to have seen the jedi temple raid?

Who wanted to see Jedi get massacred?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes! 8 80.00%
No 2 20.00%
Maybe 0 0%
What, you actually want to see poor jedi killed? 0 0%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would have liked to have seen the jedi temple raid?
Started by: Doctorwho?

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Who would have liked to have seen the jedi temple raid?

I wanted to see Jedi get massacred? Anyone else wanted that?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Then it wouldnt have been just a PG13 rating. Did you miss the part where Anakin was going to slaughter helpless children?

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think he meant anakin cutting down jedi in an action sequence as opposed to a stupid 3 second hologram. im pretty sure that he's not wishing we could have seen the younglings die.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 11:31 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Yah, I meant Anakin going head to head with masters and knights...not some helpless kids

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The entire problem of not seeing a noble hero fall to darkness notwithstanding, if that aspect had actually been done then seeing Anakin going in and killing his own people would have been all the more tragic. Nothing gory or sadistic, maybe see in his face that he hates having to do what he feels is very necessary. It didn't need to be an actual scene all its own, nor did it need to be an intense, action-packed scene. Maybe turn down the sound and let the sombre music do the talking, have it done with back-to-back cutaways of the clones killing the Jedi out in the galaxy.

Of course the whole trilogy needs a massive overhaul, so if done right, what we think of in regards to Order 66 may be wholly changed with a better screenplay.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Yeah this^ remake is needed

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 04:40 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

no remake. just bury it like a cat buries a turd, and release the unmolested version of the OT. cancel the sequel abortion trilogy and let it rest.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 04:43 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

That's even better :P

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 04:58 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I would have liked to see him duel Shaak Ti or Cin Dralig. Or perhaps both. But given ROTS had the most duels of any film already, I guess that was pushing it.

But seeing him outduel Cin Dralig or some other hyped dueling champ would have been nice for establishing Vader's power. I guess ultimately it would have been useless since the Jedi Council was reduced to Mace, Yoda, Kenobi with an occasional side of Ki-Adi Mundi.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The entire problem of not seeing a noble hero fall to darkness notwithstanding, if that aspect had actually been done then seeing Anakin going in and killing his own people would have been all the more tragic. Nothing gory or sadistic, maybe see in his face that he hates having to do what he feels is very necessary. It didn't need to be an actual scene all its own, nor did it need to be an intense, action-packed scene. Maybe turn down the sound and let the sombre music do the talking, have it done with back-to-back cutaways of the clones killing the Jedi out in the galaxy.

Of course the whole trilogy needs a massive overhaul, so if done right, what we think of in regards to Order 66 may be wholly changed with a better screenplay.

Hmmm..

On second thought, a remake does sound pretty good. So when do you start filming?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 12:43 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

As soon as we reach our $100 million goal on Kickstarter. Every penny counts.

Unless you're Canadian. We don't have pennies anymore, so f*ck off with them.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

As soon as we reach our $100 million goal on Kickstarter. Every penny counts.

Do you really think you could do that whole think for uder $100 mil, though? (No, dadudemon, that was clearly an off the cuff statement...stop being too literal). I know. sad

Unless you're Canadian. We don't have pennies anymore, so f*ck off with them.

Your comment worth only 2 Half Cents.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 09:17 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yes. Though I'd take the Adam Sandler route though and pay myself too much while producing a disgustingly subpar film.

Srsly, I think it could be done. A damn good sci-fi story could be made with 1/10 of a billion dollars. Just don't go nucking futs with the CGI. Or getting actors who demand too much despite not being worth it.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 10:12 PM
dadudemon

YSrsly, I think it could be done. A damn good sci-fi story could be made with 1/10 of a billion dollars. Just don't go nucking futs with the CGI. Or getting actors who demand too much despite not being worth it.

Did not George Lucas do that for ANH (getting mostly no-name actors so his budget wasn't blown)?

We're going to get in trouble, again. sad

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 10:18 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Exactly. Early George Lucas was so much better. His new albums suck.

And I am the trouble. I am the one who mods.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 03:25 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Read George Lucas' Original Plan For The STAR WARS Prequels Back In 1981
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...7e2jyw1sHuW3.99

quote:
“Well, anyway, Luke’s father gets subverted by the Emperor. He gets a little weird at home and his wife begins to figure out that things are going wrong and she confides in Ben, who is his mentor. On his missions through the galaxies, Anakin has been going off doing his Jedi thing and a lot of Jedi have been getting killed—and it’s because they turn their back on him and he cuts them down. The president is turning into an Emperor and Luke’s mother suspects that something has happened to her husband. She is pregnant. Anakin gets worse and worse, and finally Ben has to fight him and he throws him down into a volcano and Vader is all beat up.

Now, when he falls into the pit, his other arm goes and his leg and there is hardly anything left of him by the time the Emperor’s troops fish him out of the drink. Then when Ben finds out that Vader has been fished out and is in the hands of the Empire, he is worried about it. He goes back to Vader’s wife and explains that Anakin is the bad guy, the one killing all the Jedi.

When he goes back his wife, Mrs. Skywalker has had the kids, the twins, so she has these two little babies who are six months old or so. So everybody has to go into hiding. The Skywalker line is very strong with the Force, so Ben says, ‘I think we should protect the kids, because they may be able to help us right the wrong that your husband has created in the universe.’ And so Ben takes one and gives him to a couple out there on Tatooine and he gets his little hideout in the hills and he watches him grow. Ben can’t raise Luke himself, because he’s a wanted man. Leia and Luke’s mother go to Alderaan and are taken in by the king there, who is a friend of Ben’s. She dies shortly thereafter and Leia is brought up by her foster parents. She knows that her real mother died.”

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 05:18 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by focus4chumps

Hmm. Not much changed. The story differences are mostly cosmetic from the 1981 thing you listed, there.

I like the Jedi Temple raid better, however. That's one change I'm glad got added to the final piece.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 09:03 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

right anakin spending at least one entire film as a closet serial killer of jedi was a 'cosmetic' difference. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 09:59 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by focus4chumps
right anakin spending at least one entire film as a closet serial killer of jedi was a 'cosmetic' difference. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And, instead, he spent 2 films being a closet mass-murderer of even innocent children: not just a religious war being waged on the down-low. smile

The final version ended up being more visceral and real. Glad that version is what we got.

Though I would definitely have liked the Jedi Temple Raid to be seen on screen...as I've indicated, before. In AotC, he started the slaughter on screen but they cut away before shit got real (or should I say "reel". HA! PUN!).

Old Post Sep 16th, 2013 01:50 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
And, instead, he spent 2 films being a closet mass-murderer of even innocent children: not just a religious war being waged on the down-low. smile

nope

potential mass murderer? yes.

"closeted" suggests that he actually is a mass murderer in secret or he is fighting the constant urge to be a mass murderer.

nothing in the films beyond the tusken slaughter suggests either, even remotely. in fact overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Last edited by focus4chumps on Sep 17th, 2013 at 02:40 AM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 02:33 AM