KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Yoda in Empire question.

Yoda in Empire question.
Started by: xxxpoppunker182

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xxxpoppunker182

Yoda in Empire question.

Does anyone know why yoda acts like he does when luke first meets him?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 11:05 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

I'm assuming to test Luke's patience and character and how he handles a stressful situation. ESB was on again tonight and I was cracking up watching Luke run around with a fake Yoda doll on his back again.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 03:34 AM
Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

1. To hide his true nature as the former Jedi Grandmaster as the Jedi Purge was still very fresh in memory.

2. Comic relief.

3. What K-Dog said above: Yoda probably forsaw Luke's coming and so, Yoda wanted to test young Luke to see how serious he was about finding Yoda.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 04:14 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

He drank too much swamp juice.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
1. To hide his true nature as the former Jedi Grandmaster as the Jedi Purge was still very fresh in memory.

2. Comic relief.

3. What K-Dog said above: Yoda probably forsaw Luke's coming and so, Yoda wanted to test young Luke to see how serious he was about finding Yoda.

Thats correct.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 05:49 AM
Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

It was all to test Luke's patience.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 07:53 AM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yoda somehow ordered death sticks from Corusant

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:19 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Is that what he thought Luke had in pack?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 08:20 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

yeah, maybe....
laughing out loud
now I'm convinced

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 04:08 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Me too.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 11:20 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Real reason: it was to show even a fool can be wise
funny reason: he was doped on death sticks and swamp gas

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 11:54 AM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

Re: Yoda in Empire question.

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
Does anyone know why yoda acts like he does when luke first meets him?

There was also an edited scene from Episode III where Yoda, trying to throw off some Clone Troopers following order 66, acts exactly like that. For the same reasons- hide the fact he's a Jedi Knight, make the troopers impatient so they don't want to deal with him, etc...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Re: Re: Yoda in Empire question.

Originally posted by Kickballjedi
There was also an edited scene from Episode III where Yoda, trying to throw off some Clone Troopers following order 66, acts exactly like that. For the same reasons- hide the fact he's a Jedi Knight, make the troopers impatient so they don't want to deal with him, etc...

I dont remember that? I did see the deleted scenes but that was awhile ago...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 01:30 AM
Kickballjedi

Re: Re: Re: Yoda in Empire question.

Originally posted by JediRobin23
I dont remember that? I did see the deleted scenes but that was awhile ago...

I couldn't find a video of the scene, but here is a description from the "ROTS Illustrated Screenplay" E-book...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

152 EXT. KASHYYYK - LAKE ON VILLAGE EDGE - DUSK

CLONES in modified one-man AT-ST's and Swamp Speeders flash their searchlights across the gloomy lake. The light of one of the AT-ST's spots something floating in the water. It is what's left of a Wookiee catamaran. The body of a dead Wookiee (TARFUL) is lying across the stern of the wreckage of the flying boat. There is some movement on the boat. The CLONE SERGEANT on the AT-ST fires a warning shot past the boat.

AT-ST CLONE SERGEANT
Everyone out of there!

A CRAZY LITTLE CREATURE about two feet high pops its head over the rail. The creature is covered with mud. His long hair is frizzed out in all directions.

CREATURE
Wookiee good...eat Wookiee. (crazy little laugh)

CLONE SERGEANT
Did you find something?

CREATURE
It's nothing, nothing. (laughs)

CLONE SERGEANT
It's nothing, nothing. All these Wookiees are dead. Move to the east.

CLONE TROOPER
Yes, sir.

Suddenly, CHEWBACCA climbs up behind the AT-ST CLONE, dripping wet, and throws the CLONE SERGEANT into the water. CHEWIE BARKS.

CREATURE
Right you are, Chewbacca. Faster that will be.

TARFUL jumps up into the boat, and the CREATURE takes off his hair. It is Yoda.

YODA
Stink, this mud does. A moment to bathe, give me.

YODA, covered with mud, jumps into the water. TARFUL climbs onto the AT-ST with CHEWBACCA. YODA is out of the water and putting his robes back on.

YODA
(continuing) Not far, are we, from the emergency ship. Quickly...

YODA whistles and a large ALIEN FLYING INSECT called CAN-CELL appears. YODA jumps on the insect's back and they take off. The WOOKIEES follow on the AT-ST. The CLONES continue to search the swamp.

153 EXT. KASHYYYK - HILLS OVERLOOKING LAKE - DUSK

The AT-ST marches up the hill and stops. The WOOKIEES jump down. YODA lands on CAN-CELL, nearby. CHEWBACCA goes to a tree and pulls down one of its braches.
The ground opens up, and a small WOOKIEE ESCAPE POD rises into the field. YODA opens the door of the pod.

YODA
Good-bye. Chewbacca and Tarful, miss you I will. Good friends you are. For your help, much gratitude and respect, I have.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Yoda was testing Luke to see if he understood that his eyes could deceive him... And to get some free snacks.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 05:38 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Maybe he has just gone senile after along time of exile with only snakes and bugs as company.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2013 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

He also wanted the free flashlight, and to get a few good cracks at R2-D2 with his cane.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 09:34 PM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote