KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Old Post Oct 8th, 2013 07:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So new villain for the series, The Inquisitor??

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...%3A+thr%2Fnews+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

Looks like he'll be the one hunting down the Jedi. Damn I wanted Darth Vader to be doing that!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2013 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hmm... Good.

This way Vader won't suffer villain decay like Grievous and Ventress and become increasingly incompetent. Rather he should be used sparingly and, when he does show up, the heroes lose.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2013 05:42 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Good point. I'm guessing the more Vader centered stories will be those rare ones we always look forward to. Whilst this new guy will probably be in every other episode.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2013 09:35 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks interesting..

here's hoping The Inquisitor have some good power and skills

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 13th, 2013 09:50 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this looks interesting..

here's hoping The Inquisitor have some good power and skills

Damn. They just keep adding dudes to Vaders party, huh?

Bet they'll be like 4 more in the next 5 years. Gay.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 03:27 AM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by ares834
Hmm... Good.

This way Vader won't suffer villain decay like Grievous and Ventress and become increasingly incompetent. Rather he should be used sparingly and, when he does show up, the heroes lose.
I hope Vader shows up as much as Dooku did in Clone Wars. Dooku didn't loose any stock and in fact he was mostly portrayed as a bad motherf*cker.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 09:16 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

The Vader gang from the westside of the empire.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 09:42 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

I concur. Plus the Rebellion era has been covered ad nauseum imo.It also was fairly juvenile considering it was an out and out civil war i.e. the muks were killing their own.

EDIT: Frustration talkin, I honestly hoped that at the very least the Disney acquisition would see them break new ground. Maybe after Episode 7? Here's hoping.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Last edited by Allankles on Oct 18th, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 10:57 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
So new villain for the series, The Inquisitor??

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...%3A+thr%2Fnews+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

Looks like he'll be the one hunting down the Jedi. Damn I wanted Darth Vader to be doing that!

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh yeah! I thought he seemed familiar!Maybe they're trying to tell us something.

Let's see.. Sam Witwer did the voice for The Son who looks like this new Inquisitor. Sam Witwer also did the voice for Maul in TCW, and the Inquisitor seems to have a double bladed Lightsaber like Maul.

So clearly they're trying to tell us the Inquisitor is Maul reincarnated.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 10:33 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want to see Vader merking the Jedi.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 06:03 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Frankly, this continues to hover around moderate interest for me. The story is constrained by the setting.

The Empire, while not as all-powerful as Palpatine might tell himself, is ubiquitous and pretty much supremely dominant. The rebellion as we know it has yet to be formally established and A New Hope's opening crawl makes it pretty clear that, for all intents and purposes, major victories against the Empire prior to Yavin were exceptionally rare.

You can't openly and epically challenge the Empire without damaging or compromising its narrative purpose and undermining the OT, especially for 22-episodes and many seasons.

I'm all for small scale subtle works, but that's generally best left to novels, where such intimate stories are better depicted. Visual Star Wars needs to be epic on some level and I don't think the time period lends itself well to that necessity.

Especially when it'll be following the same group of characters from the same planet.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2013 12:44 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Rebels is a colossal waste of space. Could have used the time to set up Episode 7 or somethin :shrugs:

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2013 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't think we will be seeing very many victories for the Rebellion aside, perhaps, from a skirmish here and there. I think this series will focus primarily on how the Rebel Alliance was formed from ground zero-- show them foraging the galaxy for any sort of tech(however archaic) they can get their hands on, gaining allies here and there, setting up a formal base of operations, etc.-- all they while evading the Empire as much as possible. The Rebellion will be extremely crude in this series, and really not a legit threat to the Empire at all.

Aside from that, we will likely see random Sith/Bounty Hunters/Mercs/etc. prowling the galaxy for remaining Jedi(along with the newly-formed Rebels) and slaughtering them-- we'll also see Vader pop-in every now and then to slay the more powerful foes, dues ex machina style.

...That's how I *hope* it goes down, at least.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2013 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

We already saw how bloody and pointless the Rebellion became, persecuting a naive vendetta against countless people only because they chose to be Imperials. Blah, close the chapter and move on Lucasarts, we've seen this before.

But to be fair the Imperial hierarchy should have known better as well, following imbeciles like Daala sealed their destiny.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2013 05:28 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Oh yeah! I thought he seemed familiar!Maybe they're trying to tell us something.

Let's see.. Sam Witwer did the voice for The Son who looks like this new Inquisitor. Sam Witwer also did the voice for Maul in TCW, and the Inquisitor seems to have a double bladed Lightsaber like Maul.

So clearly they're trying to tell us the Inquisitor is Maul reincarnated.

He also did the voice of Anakin in TCW. Does this guy have some kind of love affair with juvenile tragic types or what?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2013 05:30 PM
Darth Thor

Sam Witwer didn't voice Anakin. That's Matt Lanter from 90210.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2013 06:07 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Could have fooled me, they sound a lot alike. Cool to know.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2013 06:25 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think we will be seeing very many victories for the Rebellion aside, perhaps, from a skirmish here and there. I think this series will focus primarily on how the Rebel Alliance was formed from ground zero-- show them foraging the galaxy for any sort of tech(however archaic) they can get their hands on, gaining allies here and there, setting up a formal base of operations, etc.-- all they while evading the Empire as much as possible. The Rebellion will be extremely crude in this series, and really not a legit threat to the Empire at all.

Aside from that, we will likely see random Sith/Bounty Hunters/Mercs/etc. prowling the galaxy for remaining Jedi(along with the newly-formed Rebels) and slaughtering them-- we'll also see Vader pop-in every now and then to slay the more powerful foes, dues ex machina style.

...That's how I *hope* it goes down, at least.

Perhaps.

But still, I don't think this was the best idea. The decision not to carry on with TCW is bewildering. Though far from perfect, its concept was much more promising.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2013 10:24 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote